T-mo Galaxy Tab works with Bt Keyboard!!

Search This thread

hoyoonbid

May 25, 2010
Damn.. its very nice,,!!

I was asking around and have searched the web to find out how to pair and connect my Tmo branded SGT with bluetooth keyboard for past few days, and now I got it working with my tab. I am typing this now with the apple bluetooth keyboard paired to my TAb.I have searched the web, and dound out that every devices with Froyo has built in HID BT device support. Thus, unless Samsung has removed that code from the os when they were coding, it should be there. People with G1, G2, Nexus, SGS were using the Bt keyboard out there already!! So I started to mass with my Bt keyboard and Tab to pair by trying every possible clicks..

So here comes what I have found so far and how to set it up with tmo SGT.

First, you have to turn on ur BT HID Keyboard to pairing mode :)X)

Second, you need to type the numbers required for the pairing with the keyboard numeric pad and click the enter with the keyboard. (This was where I first got confused since the tab has no screen to type on..)

Third, it will pair with ur Bt keyboard, but then it will fail to connect..
Don't be frustrated!. Here is the magic step. Got it? LONG PRESS THE DEVICE at the setting!! It will lead to the screen where you can choose whether 'connect, forget, or options'.

Fourth, click the options, Then check the connect and HID Device BOX!! That's it!
It will either directly connect with your keyboard or let you try again to connect.
And it connects! You can start typing with your Bt keyboard for ur TAB.

So simple..... can not believe that I have wasted past two days without being able to find out this simple step.(and many others were failing too!!...)

And since I was using the Apple BT keyboard. Here is what I have found so far regarding this specific device for my Tab.

1. Esc button works as back button on the Tab.
2. F1 button works as menu button on the Tab.
3. From the home screen, you can open google search by typing any words with the keyboard.
4. F3 button shows the message "this device does not have working dialer" box. :X
5. F4 turns off and on the screen of TAB
6. If you use languages other than english, you also can type in that language using Bt keyboard by simply pressing shift + space bar on the BT KEYBOARD.
However, to do so, you should install third party keyboard that supports physical keyboards..(for such as G1 or G2). Samsung default keyboard and google Korean IME( Obviously I am from Korea :p) wouldn't allow me to do so. But some third party Korean keyboard and smart keyboard pro allowed me to do so.

That's it for now.
If I can find something else, I will update here as well...

Now I only need to wait for someone to hack this one to make voice call with 3G data. :)

Ps. Does anyone know good BT keyboard with track pad by chance? That way I may not need to get the mouse.... less devices to carry.... is always good.

Reactions: d.e.t.

rmjdees

Nov 7, 2010
On the VZW tab, theonly long press items are connect and unpair. There isn't an options.

R

1tonyj

Jun 9, 2010
Nice! Thanks for the info... you convinced me to head out and grab one.

Sent from my SGH-T849 using XDA App

hoyoonbid

May 25, 2010
On the VZW tab, theonly long press items are connect and unpair. There isn't an options.

R

that's weird... Once I paired it. then long press will show the option.
Of course, it wont show option menu until u actually pair it.

I thought verizon one had to be same as tmo one in most ways...

... by the way.. now I need to talk on the tab with 3g so that I can sell my galaxy s to make up the expanse for the tab. :S

tonyakeittkalule

Feb 25, 2011
Sprint Galaxy Tab

I am having problems with my 3rd party bluetooth keyboard connecting. I did use the HID option, but it still will not connect. It does pair, but not connect.

Marvout

Feb 19, 2011
Do you know if this process is supposed to work with other Bluetooth keyboards? I'm trying to connect a motorola keyboard and not having any luck.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Damn.. its very nice,,!!

I was asking around and have searched the web to find out how to pair and connect my Tmo branded SGT with bluetooth keyboard for past few days, and now I got it working with my tab. I am typing this now with the apple bluetooth keyboard paired to my TAb.I have searched the web, and dound out that every devices with Froyo has built in HID BT device support. Thus, unless Samsung has removed that code from the os when they were coding, it should be there. People with G1, G2, Nexus, SGS were using the Bt keyboard out there already!! So I started to mass with my Bt keyboard and Tab to pair by trying every possible clicks..

So here comes what I have found so far and how to set it up with tmo SGT.

First, you have to turn on ur BT HID Keyboard to pairing mode :)X)

Second, you need to type the numbers required for the pairing with the keyboard numeric pad and click the enter with the keyboard. (This was where I first got confused since the tab has no screen to type on..)

Third, it will pair with ur Bt keyboard, but then it will fail to connect..
    Don't be frustrated!. Here is the magic step. Got it? LONG PRESS THE DEVICE at the setting!! It will lead to the screen where you can choose whether 'connect, forget, or options'.

Fourth, click the options, Then check the connect and HID Device BOX!! That's it!
    It will either directly connect with your keyboard or let you try again to connect.
    And it connects! You can start typing with your Bt keyboard for ur TAB.

So simple..... can not believe that I have wasted past two days without being able to find out this simple step.(and many others were failing too!!...)

And since I was using the Apple BT keyboard. Here is what I have found so far regarding this specific device for my Tab.

1. Esc button works as back button on the Tab.
    2. F1 button works as menu button on the Tab.
    3. From the home screen, you can open google search by typing any words with the keyboard.
    4. F3 button shows the message "this device does not have working dialer" box. :X
    5. F4 turns off and on the screen of TAB
    6. If you use languages other than english, you also can type in that language using Bt keyboard by simply pressing shift + space bar on the BT KEYBOARD.
    However, to do so, you should install third party keyboard that supports physical keyboards..(for such as G1 or G2). Samsung default keyboard and google Korean IME( Obviously I am from Korea :p) wouldn't allow me to do so. But some third party Korean keyboard and smart keyboard pro allowed me to do so.

That's it for now.
    If I can find something else, I will update here as well...

Now I only need to wait for someone to hack this one to make voice call with 3G data. :)

Ps. Does anyone know good BT keyboard with track pad by chance? That way I may not need to get the mouse.... less devices to carry.... is always good.