Tegic eT9 US English Keyboard Fix for Windows Mobile 6.1

Search This thread

vivid22

May 9, 2007
Would be nice having such a Fix for the German keyboard layout as well...it recognizes all the symbols, except of CAP and 0...hope somebody can help:)

slobalt

Jun 7, 2008
Are you supposed to install it like a cab file because it's not working for me

Last edited:

robbdbz

Jun 9, 2008
i dont know if it worked yet but after i installed it on my tmobile dash with windows 6.1 it informed me that the program might not work because it was designed for a previous version of software.................... YESS THANKS SOOO MUCH IT WORKS LIKE A CHARM I APPRECIATE THE INSTRUCTIONS GIVEN ABOVE

genglish

Aug 13, 2007
Which S620 Version?

I'm not sure which S620 version I have -- it is European and has the QWERTY layout, with the symbols for the British Pound, US Dollar, and Euro on the J, K, and L keys respectively.

I have the latest KAVANA WM6.1 ROM installed (GREAT!). However, I believe I mistakenly installed the US English Dash key map, which works great for the letters a-z, but some of the symbols do not match the keys (FN-Q is % instead of !, FN-N is & instead of @, etc.). I'm guessing this is a UK English keyboard, since I bought this S620 from eBay and it has a 220V charger. Anyway, any ideas how I get the map to match all the symbols on my keyboard?

I've done quite a bit of searching different threads on this forum but have not so far been able to find the answer.

kurilo

May 16, 2008
I'm not sure which S620 version I have -- it is European and has the QWERTY layout, with the symbols for the British Pound, US Dollar, and Euro on the J, K, and L keys respectively.

I have the latest KAVANA WM6.1 ROM installed (GREAT!). However, I believe I mistakenly installed the US English Dash key map, which works great for the letters a-z, but some of the symbols do not match the keys (FN-Q is % instead of !, FN-N is & instead of @, etc.). I'm guessing this is a UK English keyboard, since I bought this S620 from eBay and it has a 220V charger. Anyway, any ideas how I get the map to match all the symbols on my keyboard?

I've done quite a bit of searching different threads on this forum but have not so far been able to find the answer.

me too
i have same device with same keyboard.
please help

kurilo

May 16, 2008
hello.

here is attached picture of my keyboard. please help us creating keymap file for this device.
can someone tell me the origin of my keyboard? is it Europe or US?

Attachments

• s620_keyb.JPG
    s620_keyb.JPG
    82.3 KB · Views: 517

Mikey

Retired Senior Moderator
Oct 10, 2007
Wheaton, Il
Google Pixel Fold
Check in your \Start Menu\My Tools\Extras
do you have a file called "Excalibur eT9 Changer" if you do....click on it and choose the respective layout you need.

You can pick from:

UK Excalibur KeyMap
USA Excalibur KeyMap
Spanish Excalibur KeyMap
Portuguese Excalibur KeyMap
German Excalibur KeyMap
Italian Excalibur KeyMap

If not i can upload the the files needed.

Last edited:

Pummel454

Jun 10, 2008
Check in your \Start Menu\My Tools\Extras
do you have a file called "Excalibur eT9 Changer" if you do....click on it and choose the respective layout you need.

You can pick from:

UK Excalibur KeyMap
USA Excalibur KeyMap
Spanish Excalibur KeyMap
Portuguese Excalibur KeyMap
German Excalibur KeyMap
Italian Excalibur KeyMap

If not i can upload the the files needed.

Maybe I am missing something...?? When I go to my Start Menu...I don't see a MY Tools?

spikeyfella

Sep 28, 2007
Key mapp works

i installed the full mapping cab and all is good now. Also, i have no 'my tools' in the start menu. i installed the kavana 6.1 rom.

steve_bev

Mar 28, 2008
When I do a long press-and-hold on the period and comma keys, I don't get a semi-colon or colon... just a period or comma. But when I do alt-period or alt-comma, then I do get the semi-colon and colon. I think these are the only keys this happens on, at least that I've seen so far. Anyone else?

B

beartard

Yes, it's a fairly common thing with the new ROMs. Neither of the t9 fixes will help you with it.