[MOD] Add auto-correct to Samsung Keyboard and shorten long-press delay

Search This thread

kaerlighed

Jun 15, 2009
Many thanks! Before I try that, I just want to make sure: are you also on deodexed stock LK8?

THANKS.

In the folder system/app/ where you put the samsungime.apk is samsungime.odex just remove that and the keyboard should work fine if you're having problems, it did for me at least now works like a champ

Sent from my SPH-L900 using xda app-developers app

metal666fukhead

May 2, 2010
Many thanks! Before I try that, I just want to make sure: are you also on deodexed stock LK8?

THANKS.

No I'm actually on plain olé stock ljc rom, I'm waiting for the official lk8 update so the only thing I've changed thus far is the kernel but I'm sure if you're on a deodexed rom that it will definitely help

---------- Post added at 12:19 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:11 AM ----------

I don't know why taking out the odex file solved the problem for me since I'm on the stock odex rom but it works and it works great I couldn't be happier, can't believe Samsung managed to neglect that feature in the first place! Let me know if it works for you or not

spiff72

Apr 14, 2006
I have been using this mod for a while now - and it is GREAT. I love the stock TW keyboard with the number row and the "swype" capability AND the autocorrect now.

I thought I had installed it with a file that was somewhere in the middle of the thread, but I don't see it anymore. I would have replied to that particular post otherwise.

I have a question - would it be possible to get a version that enables autocorrect but doesn't change the delay? I find myself sometimes thinking too long about which way to move my finger after initially touching the first letter, and then accidentally getting the long press character instead.

I am running CleanROM 4.0.5 if that makes any difference...

Thanks!

honki24

Oct 8, 2010
Working on LK8 anyone? Would like to know how to get this working on LK8 if possible.

Just tried it, not working on LK8. I'm on H20 RC3 LK8 and I renamed the stock app, dropped this one into System/app, changed permissions, rebooted. When I switched to the samsung keyboard it didn't come up and then force closed.

mexiking713

Sep 2, 2010
Houston, TX
I have it running on MA5. Will post it if you guys want it . Not my work but runs great.

Sent from a galaxy note 2 far far away...

tdmodcon

Nov 6, 2012
my keyboard is now complete!

Thank you so much! Wasn't willing to give up what the stock keyboard had to offer but was seriously missing the auto correct. Not only does this make the keyboard perfect, but the shorter delay on long press is an added bonus that REALLY makes a difference! Great job.

Fluid_head

Jul 4, 2011
Hello. Just passing through for some help on this. I've tried every method I've read so far and am still unable to get the Note 2 keyboard MOD with auto correct to work properly. (here - http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2120054) I've tried the moving of the SamsungIME.apk to system/app location, set permissions and rebooted but, the keyboard would not pop up, nor was I able to get the setting for the keyboard to open in the keyboard section of setting. Tried to flash two different zip files I found on the site and neither of them worked either. I see it works for many but cannot get it to work for me. I am rooted, deodexed, 4.1.2 and tired of flashing and restarting. LOLOL. I hope it's something simple I am doing wrong. Please help.

randyreed1971

Apr 25, 2010
Hello. Just passing through for some help on this. I've tried every method I've read so far and am still unable to get the Note 2 keyboard MOD with auto correct to work properly. (here - http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2120054) I've tried the moving of the SamsungIME.apk to system/app location, set permissions and rebooted but, the keyboard would not pop up, nor was I able to get the setting for the keyboard to open in the keyboard section of setting. Tried to flash two different zip files I found on the site and neither of them worked either. I see it works for many but cannot get it to work for me. I am rooted, deodexed, 4.1.2 and tired of flashing and restarting. LOLOL. I hope it's something simple I am doing wrong. Please help.

I could not get it to work either. I am waiting for the H2O Rom to get updated, within the next couple of days, and it will be baked in the update.

Reactions: Fluid_head

djafropiq

Feb 9, 2009
sorry but i'm new to this. how exactly do i move this to the system folder and change the permissions?

Last edited:

BrianBaker

Dec 15, 2009
Apopka FL
can anyone on MA7 or MA5 who knows how to move files into system/apps try this?
please back up your original keyboard(apk and odex if your on it)

Attachments

• SamsungIME.apk
    7.1 MB · Views: 24

majjhima

Nov 16, 2011
Los Altos Hills
can anyone on MA7 or MA5 who knows how to move files into system/apps try this?
please back up your original keyboard(apk and odex if your on it)

I tried the attached apk in my /system/app dir on stock updated MA7 and the samsung keyboard just didn't work. There was an option in the input selector, but I couldn't open the settings page or get the keyboard to become active. I was able to copy back the original apk and odex files and the sammy kbd works now. I'm not very familiar with odex files, but I noticed after the reboot, no odex file was created. BTW, I also did a cache and dalvik wipe as part of the reboot.

Sent from my phabtastic Galaxy Note II.

Reactions: BrianBaker

BrianBaker

Dec 15, 2009
Apopka FL
I tried the attached apk in my /system/app dir on stock updated MA7 and the samsung keyboard just didn't work. There was an option in the input selector, but I couldn't open the settings page or get the keyboard to become active. I was able to copy back the original apk and odex files and the sammy kbd works now. I'm not very familiar with odex files, but I noticed after the reboot, no odex file was created. BTW, I also did a cache and dalvik wipe as part of the reboot.

Sent from my phabtastic Galaxy Note II.

Thank you...This is the only thing holding me back from going to MA7 and I'd think this would get updated as soon as the official update came out but I guess the stock keyboard doesn't bother some as much..And I use the spen a lot and don't use 3rd party keyboards.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using xda premium

BrianBaker

Dec 15, 2009
Apopka FL
Well, In the mean time I found this little gem of an app if anyone on MA7 or MA5 want to give it a shot. I'm on LJC and it works perfectly.

It allows you to use any keyboard you want and it will automatically switch to the Spen keyboard when the pen is removed from the device.

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2075916

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hey all, this is my first mod, but it was driving me crazy that the stock samsung keyboard didn't support auto-correct - and the timeout delay was way too long.

I'm working on an auto-patcher in the next couple of days.

EDIT:
    I attached the APK: /system/app/
    Make sure to set the proper permissions, then reboot.

The code changed is below

Here's a first stab at fixing both, would love some feedback.

1. To change the long press delay

In PointerTracker:
    Code:
            ###################################################
    	# Change the long press delay to 200ms from 500ms #
    	###################################################
        .line 498
        const/16 v0, 0xc8

.line 499
        .local v0, delay:I
        packed-switch p1, :pswitch_data_0

.line 504
        const/16 v0, 0xc8

.line 507
        :goto_0
        int-to-long v1, v0

return-wide v1

.line 501
        :pswitch_0
        const/16 v0, 0xc8

2. To add auto-correct

In SwiftkeyQwertyLatinInputModule
    Code:
        .line 312
        :cond_3

##################################################
    	# Add support for auto-correct on word separator # 
    	#check if the user has entered text
        iget-object v7, p0, Lcom/diotek/ime/framework/input/AbstractInputModule;->mComposing:Ljava/lang/StringBuilder;
        invoke-virtual {v7}, Ljava/lang/StringBuilder;->length()I
        move-result v7
        if-lez v7, :cond_10

iget-object v7, p0, Lcom/diotek/ime/framework/input/AbstractInputModule;->mEngineManager:Lcom/diotek/ime/framework/engine/InputEngineManager;
        iget-object v8, p0, Lcom/diotek/ime/framework/input/AbstractInputModule;->mComposing:Ljava/lang/StringBuilder;
        invoke-interface {v7, v8, v9}, Lcom/diotek/ime/framework/engine/InputEngineManager;->getCharSequence(Ljava/lang/StringBuilder;I)I
    	invoke-virtual {p0}, Lcom/diotek/ime/framework/input/SwiftkeyQwertyLatinInputModule;->updateSuggestion()V
    	invoke-virtual {p0}, Lcom/diotek/ime/framework/input/SwiftkeyQwertyLatinInputModule;->setComposingText()V
    	# End support for auto-correct on word separator #

#move clearCandidateList from beginning of processWordSeparator to after we do correct
       :cond_10
        invoke-virtual {p0}, Lcom/diotek/ime/framework/input/SwiftkeyQwertyLatinInputModule;->clearCandidateList()V

#code below is not changed - just for reference	
        iget-object v7, p0, Lcom/diotek/ime/framework/input/AbstractInputModule;->mEngineManager:Lcom/diotek/ime/framework/engine/InputEngineManager;

iget-object v8, p0, Lcom/diotek/ime/framework/input/AbstractInputModule;->mCandidates:Ljava/util/ArrayList;

invoke-interface {v7, v8}, Lcom/diotek/ime/framework/engine/InputEngineManager;->getSuggestion(Ljava/util/ArrayList;)I

.line 313
    Op here, glad this is still working! I should get a GS4 soon and will make a more generic version for all Galaxy variants

Sent from my SPH-L710 using xda premium
    Care to share it?

See the post a few above yours.

Found this link to a working stock keyboard with auto correct for ma7 I've been using it all day and haven't had a single problem just loving my auto correct! =D so anyways go to
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2110841 and click spoiler in the op at the bottom of the list is the keyboard for sprint. It says to flash it but I just unzipped the zip file and manually moved the apk to system/app and deleted the .odex file. If I helped at all please thank me =)

Found this link to a working stock keyboard with auto correct for ma7 I've been using it all day and haven't had a single problem just loving my auto correct! =D so anyways go to
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2110841 and click spoiler in the op at the bottom of the list is the keyboard for sprint. It says to flash it but I just unzipped the zip file and manually moved the apk to system/app and deleted the .odex file. If I helped at all please thank me =)

This is the keyboard from deodexed international 4.1.2

http://db.tt/Xy3xGJbk

Hope you can make one for us.