Free year of PlayStation plus with Z1s purchase

Search This thread

drewkj09

Oct 3, 2011
ravenna
You guys that date was a typo the year of psn plus is ongoing till 3/something/14. I was turned down because I bought mine preorder on the 18. Very tube Sony a~holes told me I don't qualify. I argued for ever saying I bought the phone too early... Wtf sony

Sent from my C6916 using xda app-developers app

dragion

Has anyone successfully redeemed any of the free movies/games? My Xperia lounge app doesn't have a 'movies' section nor do I see any credits when I open the PS mobile app, but according to http://www.sonymobile.com/us/apps-services/offers/xperia-z1s-exclusive-offers/ the Z1s should qualify for a free movie and 10 PS Mobile games between 1/22/14 and 3/31/14.

I have successfully redeemed all 3 offers on my Xperia Z1s via Xperia Lounge app.
You need to except each one separately.
The movies (T-mobile) & games (PlayStation Mobile) are set...you can either choose which ones you want or all of them.
The Music Unlimited is a free 60 days trial.

Last edited:

randaddy

Jun 19, 2006
Bay Area, CA
Has anyone successfully redeemed any of the free movies/games? My Xperia lounge app doesn't have a 'movies' section nor do I see any credits when I open the PS mobile app, but according to http://www.sonymobile.com/us/apps-services/offers/xperia-z1s-exclusive-offers/ the Z1s should qualify for a free movie and 10 PS Mobile games between 1/22/14 and 3/31/14.

This is all I see when I open my Xperia Lounge app. I'm assuming it's because I'm not using a t-mobile sim?

I've already tried clearing app data/cache and reinstalling but all I see are events that I can compete to win a prize...no media/games/music to speak of.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1391125611440.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1391125611440.jpg
    61.6 KB · Views: 65

fatannasty

Feb 24, 2009
Google Pixel 7 Pro
This is all I see when I open my Xperia Lounge app. I'm assuming it's because I'm not using a t-mobile sim?

I've already tried clearing app data/cache and reinstalling but all I see are events that I can compete to win a prize...no media/games/music to speak of.

I was able to redeem mine about a week ago. When I initially open the lounge app the offer was right there. I followed the link and sing up for the free offer after that all of the movies showed up in my movie app for download. uploadfromtaptalk1391129017854.jpg

Sent From The -Mobile Sony Xperia Z1s

ngvuanh

Jan 1, 2013
Anybody have difficulties submitting the free ps magazine? I went to the website and entered in all the info, select my imei image, and receipt but it timed out everytime. One more thing, is the front camera suppose to be grainy in low light and in the room? If not, I might have to exchange my phone.

It's a tiny webcam, so I wouldn't expect much out of it even though it's capable of 1080p capturing, but in well lit area.
It didn't time out for me even I had to take picture of the box, and scan the receipt.
You may try other browsers.

Sent from my SGP312 using Tapatalk

shook187

Oct 1, 2010
Haverhill MA
Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra

I also didn't see it into I logged off.

Sent from my C6916 using Tapatalk

us3rm3

Jan 16, 2010
I d rather Sony give us the unlocked bootloader than the playstation plus. This is the first ever phone that I wont be able to root after buying it. This phone comes with crazy bloatware. Theres like only 1/4 of the software in there that are worth keeping. Too bad that I can't uninstall all of em.

Last edited:

scoobdude

Jan 8, 2008
So disable them. the only reason I want root is to limit app permissions. I disabled the bloat I did not want and an glad to have wifi calling finally. Coming from a rooted and unlocked n4, flashing is not the same as it was. And IMHO Sony has don't a good job with the software on this device.

But to keep this PlayStation related, their app was recently updated and now can send and receive voice messages as well as see what is streaming through live view. Just need notifications now and we are good

Reactions: fatannasty

Ibkevin

Jan 1, 2013
Wyoming
Got all me free stuff as well. Kind of silly we weren't able to pick ten movies instead of them just giving us the 10 titles they chose. Oh well, can't really complain when its free, right. Like mentioned below the music is a 60 day free trail. As far as the games go, I passed on downloading them. I didn't know a one of them, n they all seemed a bit like 2nd rate games IMO, but what do I know? Their could have been a good title in there and I just didn't know. For anyone out there who is like me, and have never had or tried Playstation plus before, and you're maybe into comics, then I have to recommend you download the DC Universe Online game. It WILL take a longtime to download!!! Fair warning! Took almost 4 hrs to complete, no joke. And I have a really good WiFi signal and router. But if you can wait for it, than you will be mighty pleased you did!!! I think I'm gonna try and buy that PS4 by the 5th of February too, so I can get that Visa card as well. Smart moves on Sony's part. Its gonna be hard for me to NOT wanna buy another 12 months of PlayStation plus when this is up! Let me just say also that I am absolutely loving my Z1s!!!! Even with a locked bootloader this phone is still worth it! Think I'll be sticking with the Xperia Z line for a longtime!! Thanks Sony! Hope others are enjoying all this wonderful Sony-ness as much as I am!!!??:D

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Reactions: fatannasty

fatannasty

Feb 24, 2009
Google Pixel 7 Pro
Got all me free stuff as well. Kind of silly we weren't able to pick ten movies instead of them just giving us the 10 titles they chose. Oh well, can't really complain when its free, right. Like mentioned below the music is a 60 day free trail. As far as the games go, I passed on downloading them. I didn't know a one of them, n they all seemed a bit like 2nd rate games IMO, but what do I know? Their could have been a good title in there and I just didn't know. For anyone out there who is like me, and have never had or tried Playstation plus before, and you're maybe into comics, then I have to recommend you download the DC Universe Online game. It WILL take a longtime to download!!! Fair warning! Took almost 4 hrs to complete, no joke. And I have a really good WiFi signal and router. But if you can wait for it, than you will be mighty pleased you did!!! I think I'm gonna try and buy that PS4 by the 5th of February too, so I can get that Visa card as well. Smart moves on Sony's part. Its gonna be hard for me to NOT wanna buy another 12 months of PlayStation plus when this is up! Let me just say also that I am absolutely loving my Z1s!!!! Even with a locked bootloader this phone is still worth it! Think I'll be sticking with the Xperia Z line for a longtime!! Thanks Sony! Hope others are enjoying all this wonderful Sony-ness as much as I am!!!??:D

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

So with PlayStation Plus we are able to download DC Universe for free? If so I will login to PlayStation Plus tonight :D

Ibkevin

Jan 1, 2013
Wyoming
So with PlayStation Plus we are able to download DC Universe for free? If so I will login to PlayStation Plus tonight :D

Yes u can download it free. You don't get all the options, some u would have to buy, but you do get a good amount of options to customize your player n stuff. And if you decide to buy everything they have bundle deals. I believe the biggest bundle was 30 bucks which is not bad. It seems like there's a whole lot to do and discover in the dc universe.

scoobdude

Jan 8, 2008
The game is free without plus.

Also if you have a vita, the games will also work on it. And since they are small they don't take up much room on your card. I have not played any of them yet either, but they are waiting there for me. And remember that they stay in your store for whenever you want to grab them again in whatever device.

That being said, if any one does not want their games I would appreciate the code for my son.(I know,shameless). But hey figured I ask :)

Also I submitted for my code yesterday morning with the receipt for the exchange and I got it by about mid day. but I had to log onto a PlayStation device to redeem it. Would not take it from my phone saying "can not redeem pc".

Vaith

Feb 15, 2011
If someone don't have PSN account can give me this code :D

Wysłane z mojego C6903 przy użyciu Tapatalka

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    http://campaigns.sonymobile.com/pla...ttp://www.sonymobile.com/playstationplusoffer

Offer is retro active from 1/13/14 for those that ordered online as well.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using xda app-developers app
    Anybody have difficulties submitting the free ps magazine? I went to the website and entered in all the info, select my imei image, and receipt but it timed out everytime. One more thing, is the front camera suppose to be grainy in low light and in the room? If not, I might have to exchange my phone.

It's a tiny webcam, so I wouldn't expect much out of it even though it's capable of 1080p capturing, but in well lit area.
    It didn't time out for me even I had to take picture of the box, and scan the receipt.
    You may try other browsers.

Sent from my SGP312 using Tapatalk
    The promo was only for pre ordered Z1s.

Got my code 2 days after I submitted proof, pretty quick!

See I bought mine between that time. I believe it was the 14th I ordered online, but it's now past January 21st, so does that matter? Did I have to buy the Ps4 by the 21st as well? Or just the phone and I can still go buy a Ps4 and get the $100 visa? If anyone knows for sure the details on this I'd greatly appreciate it.

http://www.sonymobile.com/us/apps-services/offers/xperia-z1s-ps4-redemption-instructions/

So disable them. the only reason I want root is to limit app permissions. I disabled the bloat I did not want and an glad to have wifi calling finally. Coming from a rooted and unlocked n4, flashing is not the same as it was. And IMHO Sony has don't a good job with the software on this device.

But to keep this PlayStation related, their app was recently updated and now can send and receive voice messages as well as see what is streaming through live view. Just need notifications now and we are good