Good free website builder?

Search This thread

Andromendous

Feb 15, 2014
Wasnt quite sure were to ask, so i just posted here.
Hoping someone can help.

Anyone know of a website that will allow me to create my own website with simple building tools, i.e. does not require me to know code or html. And is free or cheap? Thank you for any help.

Reactions: nevidomo234

m110a2

Jul 30, 2013
Madrid
Hoping someone can help.

Anyone know of a website that will allow me to create my own website with simple building tools, i.e. does not require me to know code or html. And is free or cheap? Thank you for any help.

You can try Skylium (completely free). I have my web there and I didn't have problems in one year. Without banners and ads. With a lot of utilities: joomla, php, mysql...

Saludos
M110A2

m110a2

Jul 30, 2013
Madrid
Yes it's in Spanish, but it has a lot of services.

During a lot of years I had the web in 000Webhost (English), but it gave me some problems. You can test it.
I had another web in Aruba.it (not free, but cheap, and several languages). But I don't remember if it had building tools.

Saludos
M110A2

Reactions: Andromendous

lexoyo

Feb 21, 2014
Wix is nice, but lots of ad and very proprietary (can not extract your data and move it somewhere) and you must pay to have your own domain name etc

In the same spirit you have jimdo and weebly which are less markettingly aggressive
jimdo.com
weebly.com

And Silex, which is free, open source, no hidden costs, but with far less templates (you are supposed to start your site from a blank page)
silex.me

:cowboy:

Reactions: Andromendous

mawalaka

Jan 26, 2018
Thought I'll update this website for the times. My favorite website builder is hPage ( https://www.hpage.com ). I have created two websites there already and it's really good. I love all the features and it's very affordable too compared to other website builders.

nevidomo234

Aug 9, 2022
Amazon Kindle Fire
Hoping someone can help.

Hello, I suggest trying sites.google.com. I know that this is a google, and maybe you don't want to share data with them.
I use it for ~4 sites and I don't know much code (except some HTML things), and it didn't ask to know it. Yeah, you can add HTML blocks yourself. But all can be done through interface.
I will not publish any links to the examples, because you can find through your favourite search engine yourself.
Google gives a "domain" like "sites.google.com /view/{name which can be configured before and after publishing}"
If you don't want that, try services for DDNS like noip .com or just shorten a link to the page you want (for example, bit .ly does that).
I also use Jimdo and it only annoys in some places where google's service is better (like >100 fonts (Jimdo offers only one, similar to Times)).
Give them a try.

HTH,
Anonymous

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hoping someone can help.

Yes it's in Spanish, but it has a lot of services.

During a lot of years I had the web in 000Webhost (English), but it gave me some problems. You can test it.
    I had another web in Aruba.it (not free, but cheap, and several languages). But I don't remember if it had building tools.

Saludos
    M110A2
    Probably the best site I've used is wix. It's super easy and looks awesome and everything is easy enough to edit with a little bit of practice.
    Wix is nice, but lots of ad and very proprietary (can not extract your data and move it somewhere) and you must pay to have your own domain name etc

In the same spirit you have jimdo and weebly which are less markettingly aggressive
    jimdo.com
    weebly.com

And Silex, which is free, open source, no hidden costs, but with far less templates (you are supposed to start your site from a blank page)
    silex.me

:cowboy: