Is this how we work in the future?

Search This thread

stuffie

Feb 24, 2014
I just made a very interesting setup.

It's a Google Nexus 5, USB-connected to a Philips 231P4UPES DisplayLink monitor. Keyboard en mouse works, but i have no display, because there is no displaylink driver for android :(.

Now, lets think it works. Do you still need your laptop/tablet/desktop or other device?? I think not. My phone is fast enough with full HD. I can use all internet application and android apps, and on my work I can connect to VDI without a problem.

I say this is ultimate way of working.

(I made a picture of it, but cant post it, since this is my first post)

dimsar2013

May 20, 2013
Athens
If your phone is rooted, then you can see your phone's screen on your web browser, using WebKey app. It is a remote device management app through wifi. You need internet access. Watch tutorials on youtube on how to setup it and start using it.

Sent from my GT-P3110 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

tocatalk

May 19, 2013
London
You can use a USB hub for your device. Then you can connect USB flash drives and hard disks.

Plus the clouds! The future won't spare mechanical hards - it's like internal combustion engine - it had its glorious times and now it's time to move on. Especially when the advantages of Sylicium was discovered.. All Hail SSD!

Oh btw you can buy a 2,5'' chipcard with 12 removable microSD cards up to 64GB and use it as hdd..:cool:

corpzz

Aug 25, 2013
One will always have more possibilities with a bigger device but after 1k years everything we imagine now will look stupid (that is if we survive ourselves).

sreza

Oct 5, 2011
Fort Worth
If your phone is rooted, then you can see your phone's screen on your web browser, using WebKey app. It is a remote device management app through wifi. You need internet access. Watch tutorials on youtube on how to setup it and start using it.

There's a much easier way to access your phone from a PC, download AirDroid from the appstore, its free, and doesn't require rooting at all, once installed, you can access your phone from any PC either thru wifi or thru the internet, then go to "web.airdroid.com" from any PC browser, and scan the QR code on the screen with AirDroid on your phone. It'll automatically link up and give you access to everything on your phone thru the webapp, including pushing data from PC to phone clipboard, full keyboard texting, and drag-and-drop file transfer from PC to phone.