Annoying sound

Search This thread

Jiddeee

Apr 21, 2012
Arnhem
Hi,

Since a few days my phone is making a annoying noise while playing music or watching a video. It kinda sounds like a little fracture in a cable or when you keep your phone close to a speaker or old television, but then for 0.5 second. It also happens irregularly and also happens when using headphones. I'm using Viper xHifi, but it doesn't make a difference when it's turned off. Does anyone know what it is and how to solve it?

Thanks

Sent from my Nexus 4 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Marvlesz

Jun 28, 2010
Saudi Arabia
When it started, did something happen? Like .. did you drop your phone? or ... maybe just installed a new application? .. maybe changed the kernel settings?

Also, which ROM/kernel are you using?

MMercier5

Nov 25, 2012
Ottawa
I have been having this exact same issue on my nexus 4 and nexus 5... Both phones are rooted, stock rom, and on the latest version of Franco kernel. I have been looking all over for a solution but nothing yet...

Sent from my Nexus 4 using xda app-developers app

Jiddeee

Apr 21, 2012
Arnhem
I'm currently using psx kit Kat, it started suddenly. I haven't recently installed an app that possibly could have any influence on the sound. I think I've had it earlier and flashing a new rom fixed it, but I currently don't want to switch roms and I think it's strange that it happens so sudden.

MMercier5

Nov 25, 2012
Ottawa
I switched from franco to hellscore and it got a little better... Now it only seems to happen in YouTube. Will keep trying different kernels and keep you posted

Sent from my Nexus 4 using XDA Free mobile app

Oxious119

Apr 18, 2013
Only happened to me once using Poweramp with headphones. Never happened in Google music or via Bluetooth/speaker.

Jiddeee

Apr 21, 2012
Arnhem
I've got a bluetooth speaker for a few days now and with that one I don't hear that sound. But it still happens with my phone speaker and headphones, regardless of which app.

Oxious119

Apr 18, 2013
Maybe it has something to do with the music buffer size? I don't know how to increase it but a hiccup like this sounds like the buffer might be set too small and it's this split part of a second sometimes it takes to reload the next piece of music into the buffer?

Reactions: Flipz77

MMercier5

Nov 25, 2012
Ottawa
Now running carbon rom nightlife and hellscore... Noise is completely gone!

mortiiss

Nov 7, 2011
I'm using slimkat and it happens all the time on Power Amp and Spotify, no issue on Player Pro or Google Music.....strange. Anyone have a solution. I love Slimkat/Spotify/PA.......pleased help.

Tapnięte z mojego podrasowanego N4.

Oxious119

Apr 18, 2013
In Poweramp go to settings/audio and search for the audio buffer setting and set it to highest. See if this helps.

Oxious119

Apr 18, 2013
OK, was worth a try. Poweramp is weird in some things anyway. For me, v4a doesn't work with Poweramp when using headphones. Only on speaker and Bluetooth.

mortiiss

Nov 7, 2011
About your issue. I have been using viper audio and had similar problem. The only thing that solves the problem was exchanging one file. I don't remember the name of that file but I'll try to find it for you.

On slimkat thread someone write that deletin dsp manager should resolve my issue. I will report later if it worked.

Last edited:

wulsic

Aug 21, 2013
Nijmegen
OnePlus 8 Pro
Yeah its annoying i have the same with aokp with helldoctor and tardis. I will try viperaudio to see or it will be fixed and for advanced music listning

Verstuurd vanaf mijn Nexus 4 met Tapatalk

mortiiss

Nov 7, 2011
Trying slimkat 5 with stock kernel....if it works that would be great.

mortiiss

Nov 7, 2011
No changes. Glitches.....going back to hells core due to better battery life.

mortiiss

Nov 7, 2011
I don't use PA or spotify anymore, wimp was the solution for me....I pay the same amount of money as for spotify and I have no scretching and have free data transfer for wimp in my carrier plan...

ttheodorou

Apr 7, 2010
same problem here on simple aosp + franco. went to cm with no sound problems but apps fc all the time! hope we find a solution soon

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    From my experience with this problem (had it on my Xperia Z and Nexus 4) it's to do with the minimum/maximum screen off frequency being too low, the phone will drop to that frequency while sleeping and it won't be a high enough frequency to run the app properly which inevitably leads to the 'buzzing' or 'glitchy' noise that you hear during screen off playback.

This is just how I resolved the stuttering that was occurring on my phones and for all I know the guys on this thread could well be suffering from a completely unrelated issue, but all you need to do is increase your screen off frequency (On my Nexus I only do this to core 0, I keep cores 1, 2 & 3 at 81mhz) to 162mhz and the stuttering should all but disappear (I still get the occasional buzz here and there but I'm a battery saving freak so I put up with it)

Hope I helped guys!

Beans
    Maybe it has something to do with the music buffer size? I don't know how to increase it but a hiccup like this sounds like the buffer might be set too small and it's this split part of a second sometimes it takes to reload the next piece of music into the buffer?