[Q] Xperia U - cant flash any kernal or ROM

Search This thread

ankit_2211

May 24, 2014
I have a xperia U having a 4.0.4 stock ROM with stock Kernel no CWM support.

Now i cant Install any rom through CWM or any stock rom (.ftf) through flashtool

flashing kernel gives me { FAILED (status read failed (Too many links)) } - error
and
flashing stock rom get stuck at checking header
USB storage is also not working in PC with any USB cable or any PC

help me flash a kernel so i can install a new rom

HonnebombeI

May 23, 2014
I have a xperia U having a 4.0.4 stock ROM with stock Kernel no CWM support.

Now i cant Install any rom through CWM or any stock rom (.ftf) through flashtool

flashing kernel gives me { FAILED (status read failed (Too many links)) } - error
and
flashing stock rom get stuck at checking header
USB storage is also not working in PC with any USB cable or any PC

help me flash a kernel so i can install a new rom

have you unlocked the bootloader first? If not you can look in this thread how to unlock it http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1527159
i hope i helped you

ankit_2211

May 24, 2014

danishsajjad

May 24, 2014
Lahore
Flash Stock ROM First!!!!!

i already unlocked the boot loader after that i flashed the unofficial JB - works fine
then i flash the stock ICS after that i get stuck

Is there any way too many links error can be solver after that i can flash a new kernel and everythings fine

This "too many links" error is usually caused due to using wrong USB cables without ferrite on both ends, using several devices on same USB port of your PC or an internally damaged data cable....

Try this:
1. Use your original USB cable that came with your phone or any other cable with ferrite,
2. Plug your device in a different USB port; (preferred back ports in case of desktop PC)
3. Try Flashing Kernel again.
For complete details, visit this url.
Read the complete thread, believe me it worth's it especially 7th post on page 4.

I recommend you to flash Stock ICS via Flashtool to fix any hidden problems that might have occured due to previous flash failure.

You can find the link to Stock ROM here... - Stock ROM

Happy Flashing...;)

Press thanks if it helps...