Cyanogen mod 11 LB - very low spearkers sounds

Search This thread

osemoka

May 13, 2013
Bydgoszcz
Xiaomi Poco F3
HI, i ve just installed CM 11 (not FXP) into my XSP. Everything is fine, but I have very annoying problem. Why spearkers are so quiet ? I cant hear the person i talk with too much and backspeaker is quiet too.

dssmex

Oct 6, 2008
Chihuahua
HI, i ve just installed CM 11 (not FXP) into my XSP. Everything is fine, but I have very annoying problem. Why spearkers are so quiet ? I cant hear the person i talk with too much and backspeaker is quiet too.

Just install alsa mixer from play store and put file (uncompressed) it in /etc/init.d and chmod 755 to file.

Attachments

• 80_audio.zip
    304 bytes · Views: 284

wiidbzxt

Jan 13, 2011
Cuautitlán Izcalli
Do I need to mess around with something on Alsa Mixer? And what do you mean with the chmod 755 file?

EDIT: Ok, I think I understand now, it means fixing permissions through ADB, but how do I type it in the command window? I tried:

chmod 755 audio_80

and

chmod 755 system/etc/init.d/80_audio

But had no results.

Last edited:

dssmex

Oct 6, 2008
Chihuahua
Do I need to mess around with something on Alsa Mixer? And what do you mean with the chmod 755 file?

EDIT: Ok, I think I understand now, it means fixing permissions through ADB, but how do I type it in the command window? I tried:

chmod 755 audio_80

and

But had no results.
Type adb shell su -c chmod 755 /etc/init.d/80_audio

Install alsamixer from play store and open it, the app ask for install, click yes. When done reboot your phone and test.

Reactions: wiidbzxt

Gamm86

Sep 5, 2013
It has already been mentioned on this forum quite a few times...

The best way to increase all volumes on CM11 is to install William's kernel and install Fauxsound. (see play store)

You can increase your volume untill the point you can literally blow your speakers.
Be careful when using it!

osemoka

May 13, 2013
Bydgoszcz
Xiaomi Poco F3
Is the williams kernel compatibile with last CM 11 compilation ? I don't want to break my phone :D. Is there another way to fix that by flashing kernel? This williams seems to have bugs

Last edited:

wiidbzxt

Jan 13, 2011
Cuautitlán Izcalli
It has already been mentioned on this forum quite a few times...

The best way to increase all volumes on CM11 is to install William's kernel and install Fauxsound. (see play store)

You can increase your volume untill the point you can literally blow your speakers.
Be careful when using it!

Oh, but we're talking of CM11 for LB. My guess is that there's no way to get such kernels on LB.

wiidbzxt

Jan 13, 2011
Cuautitlán Izcalli
Exacly, so, does anybody know any issue for it? For Locked Bootlader, otherwise I will be forced to go back into 4.3.

I'm still trying what dssmex says, I feel confident on that it works, but I'm still having problems with terminal emulator. haha.

I managed to give it permissions, but now everytime I type:

adb shell su -c chmod 755 /etc/init.d/80_audio

I get a "Device not found" error, but I'm sure it's something I'm doing wrong, so I'll keep trying.

EDIT:

Okay, despite that message, I tihnk it's working now. I even had to lower the volume a little bit as the speakers were sounding distorted. Thanks.

Though, if anyone follows this guide, use max volume at your own risk.

Last edited:

dssmex

Oct 6, 2008
Chihuahua
I'm still trying what dssmex says, I feel confident on that it works, but I'm still having problems with terminal emulator. haha.

I get a "Device not found" error, but I'm sure it's something I'm doing wrong, so I'll keep trying.

EDIT:

Okay, despite that message, I tihnk it's working now. I even had to lower the volume a little bit as the speakers were sounding distorted. Thanks.

Ok, if you want less volume, you need lower value in script (p.ej if is 96 you can modify to 94 and test it), remember always change permissions to 755 after change the script (Reboot required after change).

Digitall RX1 and Digital RX2 are for call speaker.

RX3 .. RX7 is for external speaker.

Reactions: wiidbzxt

osemoka

May 13, 2013
Bydgoszcz
Xiaomi Poco F3
Could You tell me what exacly did you do? In simple language. I have this app aleamixer and i can find this rx digitals in it. I have already changed the volume of call speaker by switching values with 8x or 9x(it worked w/o restart) . I don't know what is this chmod and 775 permissions. I let this app permanent permissions in superuser.

I dont know how to change media speaker though :/. Could u tell me?

wiidbzxt

Jan 13, 2011
Cuautitlán Izcalli
Extract the file that dssmex left and extract it. Put it in your /system/etc/init.d/ folder.

Go to Terminal and type:

"su" Do this only if you haven't given permissions to the app yet.

Click options and select restart console.

Now type:

"-c chmod 755 /system/etc/init.d/audio_80"

osemoka

May 13, 2013
Bydgoszcz
Xiaomi Poco F3
But do I have to mess sth up with values in this alsa mixer? Ok, nvm, i dont have to. I can't copy this file audio to this folder init.d though. It is a matter with permissions i guess which i cant changr

Last edited:

osemoka

May 13, 2013
Bydgoszcz
Xiaomi Poco F3
You can't? You need to have Root Explorer or any app that can access to the system folders.

Okey. I copied it finally... I thought that my explorers have this root permisions to copy. Anyway, when i write this command into terminal it says file not found ;/

-c chmod 755 /system/etc/init.d/audio_80

heh, i just read that this chmod is changing permissions status, which i did already(in some root explorer) so it should work now... i check it right now. It seems not to work ;/

OK. It works now, after restart. :) Ty all

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Just install alsa mixer from play store and put file (uncompressed) it in /etc/init.d and chmod 755 to file.
    It's working in CM11 nightly

My call speaker volume has got increased tremendously.

I installed alsa mixer from play store and moved the file 80_audio to etc/init.d
    Then allowed root permission for alsa mixer
    Then opened alsa mixer and set the values as mentioned below

Settings I used:-
    1. For earpiece:
    Change "RX1 Digital" value to '96'
    Change "RX2 Digital" value to '96'

2. For rear speaker volume increase:
    Change "RX3 Digital" value to '88'

3. For mic volume increase:
    Change "DEC7" value to '96' (mainly in whatsapp - in all others DEC 1 -10 I set the value to '90')

chmod 755 audio_80

and

But had no results.
    Type adb shell su -c chmod 755 /etc/init.d/80_audio

Install alsamixer from play store and open it, the app ask for install, click yes. When done reboot your phone and test.
    It opens Superuser briefly and then says "Permission denied", but it never asked me for permission, if it's what it means.
    You block the app, allow them in cm settings

EDIT:

Ok, if you want less volume, you need lower value in script (p.ej if is 96 you can modify to 94 and test it), remember always change permissions to 755 after change the script (Reboot required after change).

Digitall RX1 and Digital RX2 are for call speaker.

RX3 .. RX7 is for external speaker.