Google navigation vs Sprint navigation, FIGHT!

Search This thread

SteelH

Jun 12, 2010
I have used Sprint for years on Winmo because Google would never rotate the map with heading up. When I got my EVO and used Google maps... I unistalled Sprint Nav and would never go back. :D

I have missed exits so many times trying to get directions from Sprint Nav because of how SLOW it is. And I could spend hours telling you how many curse words I have used trying to get that damn phone system to understand what the hell I am saying...

Please say the address...

"112 Main St Tampa, FL"

OK.. you said... 352 Barn Rd Detroit, MI ..... Say Correct or Go Back

"Go Back"

Ok... Taking you to Detroit, MI

"NOOOO F%$#ING GO BACK"

Ok... Changing route to 756 Rose St, Hawaii"

"WTF NNOOOO F%$#ING GO BACK!!!"

I hope I never see Sprint Nav Again!!!

Google Nav Rocks. Have never had an issue yet and is fast.

Sprint nav doesn't like tampa bro. LOL. I was on the crosstown and asked for clearwater, it tried to dump on to platt st downtown. Not even close.

aburgthing

Aug 5, 2010
I have used Sprint for years on Winmo because Google would never rotate the map with heading up. When I got my EVO and used Google maps... I unistalled Sprint Nav and would never go back. :D

I have missed exits so many times trying to get directions from Sprint Nav because of how SLOW it is. And I could spend hours telling you how many curse words I have used trying to get that damn phone system to understand what the hell I am saying...

"112 Main St Tampa, FL"

"Go Back"

"NOOOO F%$#ING GO BACK"

OMG this is classic LMAO with tears in my eyes!!!!!

wallaceb

Dec 21, 2010
Which do you prefer and why?

I prefer Sprint, I've never had a mis-navigation from Sprint but several from Google.

i always use the Google Navigation

why...

1.) the sprint navigation app is from sprint and i consider it bloatware
2.) google navigation supports 3D
3.) Google Navagation allows for both foot and mass transit directions on top of the driving directions
4.) google navagation allows for caching of map data
5.) it is from google ;)
6.) many other reasons.....

albe070

Sep 23, 2010
I used to use sprint nav went I had my bb.. I even used it when I had gotten my evo. But after I tryed google nav I never went back to sprnt nav. I felt like google nav had more options and looked nicer lol

Sent from my PC36100 using XDA App

amorse2183

Oct 28, 2010
I've used them both, and while I prefer google when I already know where I'm going, sprint's search is easier. I don't like the voice on google, but it's not the end of the world.

dahauss

Jul 20, 2008
ive been playing with COPILOT LIVE 8 but today had all kinds of issues... it couldnt find my dstination on a couple of routes where my GARMIN GPS did.. its missing POI's and the maps are OLD. also it tell me I am at my destination when I am NEAR it.. I dont want that.. I sent my concerns to COPILOT SUPPORT IN HOPES that they will fix. IF they do fix all my issues, this will me one hell of a less then $10 app.

SayWhat10

Jun 27, 2010
Miami
www.msn.com
where can i find google navigation? is it free?

i put sprint navigation on my CM7, it told me to do an upgrade, and put telenav on it,but its a trial for 30days

sprint navigation isnt free anymore?

prboy1969

May 7, 2009
Michigan
Sprint Nav was good for a time. But it's not quite up to Google Nav. Especially not at this point in the game. Last time I used Sprint Nav was about two years ago. Drove me F@$&ing crazy. Was crazy slow to update. Ended up driving past my exit. So for me it's Google Maps/Nav all the way.

bignibb

Jul 14, 2010
Navigon is what I use and it takes a dump on both of the others, its in the market but not free

Sent from my PC36100 using XDA Premium App

SantinoInc

Jun 19, 2010
NYC
Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra
The new Sprint navigation app looks nice but I haven't really given it a full test run. One thing I noticed is that it keeps saying "downloading files for first time use" even though it's not my first time launching the app.

Google Nav has been working really well for me...besides when my GPS wants to lose signal due to CM7. But that isn't Google's fault.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

"112 Main St Tampa, FL"

"Go Back"

"NOOOO F%$#ING GO BACK"