[ROM][2.3.7] LiGux (Coopoui) (R2.0 - 01/10/2012)

Search This thread

jmocherman

Dec 24, 2010
Been running R2.0 all day and I am very impressed. Love the lock screen and notification power widget.

I am still having issues with the phone vibrating when its supposed to. Is anyone else having a lack of vibration when receiving a notification?

ajrty33

Jul 31, 2010
Been running R2.0 all day and I am very impressed. Love the lock screen and notification power widget.

I am still having issues with the phone vibrating when its supposed to. Is anyone else having a lack of vibration when receiving a notification?

I'm getting vibration for text notifications. Did you go under the messaging app settings and change the notification settings to vibrate?

jmocherman

Dec 24, 2010
I'm getting vibration for text notifications. Did you go under the messaging app settings and change the notification settings to vibrate?

I think I figured it out.

Set notification to vibrate "always." Then rebooted...and it was set back to never. Then set it to vibrate "always" again then rebooted, and again it was set back to never.

THEN I set it to vibrate "always," rebooted into recovery, wiped cache and delvik, the setting stuck.

Strange. Thanks for the attention anyway!

Reactions: ajrty33

ajrty33

Jul 31, 2010
installing now. The other boot logo was pretty fresh btw.

g9tmis.png
3kJnXs.png

I uploaded a zip for this boot animation in the second post. Just flash it in recovery

Reactions: KelevrA_8

clutterking

Jan 15, 2010
After installing this ROM I get stuck at the animated boot screen and can't get any further. Can anyone suggest a way to fix this? Thanks!

jmocherman

Dec 24, 2010
I like all the settings that are available, a bit overwhelming in trying to find a specific setting, but nice to have the option. For example, the clock on the locksreen is in 24-hour format, but I can't find where to change it.

Keep it up!

ajrty33

Jul 31, 2010
I like all the settings that are available, a bit overwhelming in trying to find a specific setting, but nice to have the option. For example, the clock on the locksreen is in 24-hour format, but I can't find where to change it.

Keep it up!

You can't. :) I was wondering if it was gonna bother anyone else. Ill glance at the code in the apk and see if I see a clear easy fix.

Just be glad you don't have to look at the Chinese that's supposed to be under the date ;)
I couldn't find it anywhere to remove it, so I got a friend to translate the screenshot. It said "year of the rabbit," then I recalled seeing a confusing reference to "lunar animals" in framework-res.apk

Sent from my HERO200 using XDA App

Reactions: moisaal

jmocherman

Dec 24, 2010
You can't. :) I was wondering if it was gonna bother anyone else. Ill glance at the code in the apk and see if I see a clear easy fix.

Just be glad you don't have to look at the Chinese that's supposed to be under the date ;)
I couldn't find it anywhere to remove it, so I got a friend to translate the screenshot. It said "year of the rabbit," then I recalled seeing a confusing reference to "lunar animals" in framework-res.apk

Nice find on the removal of the Chinese year. That would probably get old after a while :)
Thanks for looking into the time for us!

dirtroad

Oct 1, 2008
Running the new release. Everything is great. Love it! Still having the same issue as before though where apps that I reinstall from titanium are not staying in the app drawer. Still getting around it by reinstalling and moving them to a home screen. I did try to make a 6th home screen and had problems with it too. Put it back to 5 and was ok. Thanks for all the work.

dastin1015

Inactive Recognized Developer
In your github you need to remove the README, MANIFEST.MF, CERT.RSA, and CERT. You don't want to have those files packaged when you make your ROM because the CERT.RSA, CERT.SF and MANIFEST.MF files are for package verification, if those are in there and you make a modification and package it a person who flashes the ROM with signature verification on will not be able to flash the ROM because the SHA-1 checksum will not match between the manifest and the files in the ROM.

You can remove the files with these commands from inside your ROM directory:

Code:
$ cd META-INF
$ git rm MANIFEST.MF
$ git rm CERT.RSA
$ git rm CERT.SF
$ cd ..
$ git rm README
$ git commit -m "insert commit name here"
$ git push

Reactions: ajrty33

ajrty33

Jul 31, 2010
In your github you need to remove the README, MANIFEST.MF, CERT.RSA, and CERT. You don't want to have those files packaged when you make your ROM because the CERT.RSA, CERT.SF and MANIFEST.MF files are for package verification, if those are in there and you make a modification and package it a person who flashes the ROM with signature verification on will not be able to flash the ROM because the SHA-1 checksum will not match between the manifest and the files in the ROM.

You can remove the files with these commands from inside your ROM directory:

Code:
$ cd META-INF
$ git rm MANIFEST.MF
$ git rm CERT.RSA
$ git rm CERT.SF
$ cd ..
$ git rm README
$ git commit -m "insert commit name here"
$ git push

thank you! still figuring out git

bk718

Jun 23, 2007
Charlotte, NC
So i decided to take the ole hero out the dresser drawer after seeing this rom... wanted to check it out, cause it looks good..

i can't account for actually "phone" or 3G data usage sense its not active.. but everything else is running smooth.. its actually pretty snappy..

there is one question i have.. is there a simplistic way of changing the dock icon images?? i'd like to apply some of my own icons without having to actually theme each app. (just so there is no confusion im not talking about just changing what icons show up in the dock but actually change the image of whatever app i place in the dock)

i have adw still on the phone and i know i can make all the customizations i want there (minus the status bar transparency) but i'd like to do the customizations without having to use another launcher..

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This is based on a rom by Kirin at diypda.com. It is based on Cyanogenmod7 with LiGux and Coopoui launcher. It's extremely lightweight, quick, and stable. My modifications are listed below.

Screenshots:

tOS9W.png
    cjJDD.png

69WI7.png
    3qdec.png

MvQIO.png
    VZjQi.png
    jpGMB.png

Details:
    This rom is basically a highly themed CM7.2. I give all credit to the developers of LiGux, Coopoui, CM, and the Heroc. It includes the expanded LiGux settings which allows a lot of customization. I'll expand on customization/options in the second post. It features "pop-up" notification power tweaks from the top right of the status bar.

Modifications:
    Updated kernel to 2.6.35.14 (thanks to jaybob413 for his kernel work)
    Removed Chinese from many, many various locations
    Edited build.prop to remove unnecessary info and align it with current CM build.prop
    Removed battery and memory tweaks from boot.img
    Removed a few init tweaks
    Modified updater-script to align with up-to-date CM standards
    Changed available cpu freqs to standards in boot.img and framework
    Edited eri.xml in framework-res to add Sprint
    Replaced PinyinIME with LatinIME (keyboard)
    Edited MMS settings in framework to remove Chinese carriers and align with CM settings
    Edited apn settings in framework to align with CM
    Fixed a few mis-translated words and a couple missing translations
    Fixed text sizes in apps that were lost in translation
    Fixed messaging menu force close with Kirin update
    Updated included gapps
    Updated Coopoui and LiGux to latest available versions (3.2)
    Updated system files to latest from CM
    Removed Chinese 'market crack' options (plan on removing this completely from settings)
    Added 'missing' apks and removed Chinese apks
    Fixed a few mistakes and a whole lotta little things.

Working:
    Everything, as far as I know.

Issues:
    No known issues.
    Please let me know if you find something broken and I'll fix it.

Download:
    LiGux (Coopoui) v3.2 R1 010712 Changelog: Original release
    R1.1 010812 - Changelog: Removed stk.apk. Accidentally left it in the zip file. That's the only change.
    R1.2 010812 - Changelog: Moved gmail from /system to /data so it can update without issue.

R2.0 011012 LiGux (Coopoui) - Download link MD5: 4423497adcbb97eff461222173a91471
    Changelog:
    • SystemUI, framework, settings are all updated now.
    • SystemUI and settings are all compatible... no more settings force close
    • Completely new UI
    • Includes LiGux boot animation (I can provide the old one if you'd like it)
    • Edited LatinIME to match the gray-ish theme
    • Fixed Chinese "new" message icon
    • Removed some more Chinese
    • Changed some text to fit better
    • LiGux lockscreen (make sure you click it to allow it)

All credit goes to the Heroc developers who got the Hero to where it is today.
    Thanks to Jurellz for originally bringing my attention to this rom.
    All thanks goes to fat-tire for the fire he lit :)
    I really like this ROM. It seems faster than most. There are a few issues on my phone with it so far. I am using Firerat at 130/18.

Issues:
    1. rotation doesn't work
    2. force close on several of the settings entries (like Display/Brightness)

this next update (coming very soon) will fix all of that.
    I tried to update the liguxsettings.apk, but it didn't work very well.
    This new update will have all of the latest framework and settings.... it's nice :) and it all works!

Edit:
    UPDATE HAS BEEN POSTED! Make sure you read the second post on customization!!!!!!
    Let me know if you find any issues! Hope you enjoy the update
    hmm looks interesting, but ur download link isnt working RC1.2

Sorry about that! I had to fix and re-upload. It's up now :)
    Customization/Settings Info
    There's many available settings to customize this rom.

Under "common" settings, make sure to go under "keyevent settings" > "End button behavior" and select "Go to sleep." These settings are what you would normally find in Spare Parts.

Lock Screen:
    To activate the Coopoui Ring lockscreen, click the "OneKeyLock" app in the app drawer to allow permissions. Under "CM Settings" > "Lockscreen" > "Style Options" you can pick the style for the lockscreen and phone calls.

Status Bar:
    Click the clock to bring up the "notification power widgets." These can be changed just like CM in "CM Settings" > "Notification Power Widget" > "Widget Buttons."
    Pull down on the left side of the status bar for notifications!
    Under "personal" > "system ui" you can enable weather on the lockscreen. This works! If the weather doesn't show, go into the "News and Weather App" and make sure it has your location and the current weather shown.
    You can also center the clock under the "statusbar ui" settings.

Change apps in homescreen tray:
    The first setting I looked to change was the apps in the tray on the homescreen.
    Press Menu at the homescreen and go to "DeskSettings"
    Select "dock settings"
    cNLqi.png

From there, click each of the four DockButton settings to select the apps for the 4 slots in the tray.

Status Bar Transparency:
    Under the "personal" tab on settings, you can enable transparency in the statusbar. Under "statusbar ui," click "statusbar background" > "color fill" and slide alpha all the way down.

App Transparency:
    Under the "personal" tab on settings, you can enable transparency in app windows. Under "system ui," click "set window background" > "color fill" and slide alpha down. I recommend not sliding it all the way down so your apps at least have a dimmed background.
    Here's a screenshot with some extreme settings:
    0T6Q0.png

There's many other settings to play with!

Boot Animation:
    g9tmis.png
    3kJnXs.png

Here's the original boot animation... Flash this zip in recovery.
    Original Boot Animation - Flash in Recovery
    uhm i was able to get the latest market, just gotta wait. Usually it will update when u use wifi so it can update faster. The icon wont change though but u can check market setting it will be the latest.
    Oh and the message text probably says New text =P i say just turn it into a solid color.
    As for the battery thing I'll probably just do a clean charge.
    BTW I was able to send a mms and recieve just did it once though but it worked fast no problem downloading it too =) forgot to mention that.

This is all great news!!! I'm glad I don't have to dig into the market updater.
    Very glad MMS is working, too!!!!!!!! I know that's something that has plagued the other Chinese roms.

I used Google translate and figured out it says "new." Ill fix that and a few other issues I've found.