[ROM] [OTA] [GSM] Android 4.2.2 JDQ39: Rooted Busybox Deodexed/Odexed (2/12/13)

Search This thread

bigxie

Nov 14, 2010
Bay Area, CA
www.twitter.com
The latest Android OS 4.2.2 Jellybean for the Galaxy Nexus!

Important info (PLEASE READ):
1. This will create an /sdcard/0/ folder on your internal storage and move all your files in there. This is new behavior due to Android 4.2. (Use latest TWRP or CWP to prevent further nesting of 0 folders)
2. If you want to enable developer settings, you must click the "Build Number" in about phone 7 times to "unhide" the option.
3. Go into SuperSU and update binaries before using root features.

This is a stock build of Android 4.2.2, Jellybean, which was pushed to HSPA Galaxy Nexus devices OTA on 2/11/13. All I have done to it is rooted the system, installed busybox, set the boot.img to insecure, and packaged up the ROM into an easy to install zip file.

Features

• The latest Android OS, 4.2.2 Jellybean build JDQ39
  • Insecure boot.img (allows for elevated commands such as adb remount)
  • Rooted with the latest su binary and SuperSU app
  • Busybox 1.21.0 installed for increased functionality of root applications and terminal commands
  • Deodexed for easy themeing and modding
  • Odexed version also available for purists

Credits

• Google - for developing Jellybean, the best version of Android yet!
  • Chainfire - for quickly updating SuperSU for Jellybean!
  • Goo.im - a great host and resource for developers and the Android community in general
  • Anyone I may have missed - thanks for all your contributions!

Requirements

• GSM Galaxy Nexus (GT-i9250) - your version does not matter (yakju, takju, etc)
  • ClockworkMod or TeamWin Recovery

Screenshots

Screenshot_2012-11-13-11-22-11.png
JDQ39.png

Screenshot_2012-11-13-11-22-31.png
Screenshot_2012-11-13-11-23-55.png

Instructions

1. If you are on any 4.0.x ROM, it is highly suggested you do a full factory reset (wipe data/cache in recovery) prior to flashing Jellybean!

2. If you are upgrading from a 4.1.2 JB ROM you may be able to just wipe cache and dalvik cache.

• Wipe accordingly as outlined above
  • Use your recovery to flash the ROM file
  • Do NOT flash any gapps - they are all included
  • Optionally, flash the baseband (radio) update if you'd like the newest one
  • Reboot - be patient, the initial boot may take a few minutes

Downloads - Current Version: JDQ39

Deodexed ROM - More than likely, you'll want this version, which allows for themes and mods

Primary Link (Goo.im)

MD5 Checksum (check this if you think your download may be corrupt)

15b41fccfd288b761087686a143dce2f bigxie_maguro_OTA_JDQ39-signed.zip

Odexed ROM - This is an untouched version with odex files. Flash this only if you know for sure that's what you want

Primary Link (Goo.im)

f7298549614136a3c84070281afacdff bigxie_maguro_OTA_JDQ39_odexed-signed.zip

XXLJ1 Baseband (Radio) - Thanks osm0sis!

Primary Link (Goo.im)

MD5: 92e662a27f7ca4942e402e67fd3175c4 cwm-radio-maguro-i9250xxlj1.zip

Outdated Downloads - JOP40D

Deodexed ROM - More than likely, you'll want this version, which allows for themes and mods

Primary Link (Goo.im)

71ab4bba5d93b4a51e00467e2b97b499 bigxie_maguro_OTA_JOP40D-signed.zip

Odexed ROM - This is an untouched version with odex files. Flash this only if you know for sure that's what you want

Primary Link (Goo.im)

f5a94c1c03f51ae0401f32dd113db2e5 bigxie_maguro_OTA_JOP40D_odexed-signed.zip

XXLH1 Baseband (Radio)

Primary Link (neXfiles)

Outdated Downloads - JZO54K

Primary Link (Goo.im)
Mirror (Thanks sashajovicic)

5058e8ef5f5adc88db763ff1467cbbf8 bigxie_maguro_OTA_JZO54K-signed.zip

Primary Link (Goo.im)

6608ecc42ca16bdd7daf6b3e46f17e40 bigxie_maguro_OTA_JZO54K_odexed-signed.zip

XXLF1 Baseband (Radio)

Primary Link (Mediafire)
Secondary Link (min.us)

cd36753010528bf7fe3cb269de5538db CWM-RADIO-i9250-JB.zip

Outdated Downloads - JRO03C

Deodexed:
Mirror (Sendspace)
Mirror (Depositfiles)
3614947cc31913eaac191ca7e19eca5f bigxie_maguro_OTA_JRO03C-signed.zip

Odexed:
Mirror (Sendspace)
Mirror (Depositfiles)
9265c0809cfbc75c0990db95cd2d977a bigxie_maguro_OTA_JRO03C_odexed-signed.zip

Also available in ROM Manager section: Fabolous

If you enjoy my work, consider buying me a beer :)

Donations FabDroid

Please don't forget to read the FAQ in the 2nd post if you have any questions or issues. Thanks!

Last edited:

bigxie

Nov 14, 2010
Bay Area, CA
www.twitter.com
FAQ & Additional Resources

Video Review of Android 4.2 JOP40C by rishari

Frequently Asked Questions Warning: These entries are mostly from when Jellybean first arrived. They are deprecated by now (11/15/12)

Q) I have both Superuser and SuperSU. Which one should I keep?
A) Unless you're heavily invested in Superuser, please use SuperSU on Jellybean. It is just more compatible at the moment. Go into Settings, Apps, and uninstall/disable Superuser.

Q) My notification LED isn't working / behaving properly. How do I fix this?
A) Try the following fix from Fabriciohss: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=28656530#post28656530

Q) Is this ROM in ROM Manager?
A) Yes! It is under my section 'Fabolous', which is in the free section on weekdays, and moves to the premium section on weekends (due to RM developer portal agreement).

Q) My Google Now is not behaving like the Jellybean demo, it will not respond by voice or show cards!
A) Currently many features are limited to English (US). Please read this great Google Now tutorial by evostance:
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1740542

Q) I flashed a custom kernel, but I'd like to return to the stock kernel. Is there a file?
A) Absolutely! Thanks to ceejay83. Just flash the following file in recovery, wipe dalvik cache:
http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=28014747&postcount=772

Q) How do I quickly access Google Now?
A) You can press anywhere on the Navbar and slide up to enter Google Now. From the main screen, you can speak 'Google' and it will then accept voice commands!

Q) I do not have the Sound Search widget! Where is it?
A) The system automatically hides this if you're not in an allowed region (US). You can unfreeze the apk using Titanium Backup, repeating the process every time you boot if you want to use this feature.

Q) Do I have to use the baseband in the OP? Will my existing baseband work with Jellybean?
A) No, you do not need to use the baseband provided in the OP. I just provided it since it came with Jellybean and some prefer to use it. Your old ICS baseband will work fine. Conversely, the JB baseband will also work with ICS ROMS.

Q) How do I revert to the keyboard behavior from ICS (punctuation mark options after hitting space)?
A) Go to Settings -> Language & input -> Android keyboard -> Advanced settings -> Uncheck 'Next word prediction'

Q) My Camera is missing!
A) Flashing an ICS gapps package will do this. You do NOT need to flash any gapps with this ROM, they are included.

Q) How can I modify the LCD density? Does LCD Density Modder work?
A) LCD Density modder is not JB compatible (as of 6/30/12). Please use either ROM Toolbox, or manually edit the line in build.prop. Beware, modifying the density can cause layout errors and is NOT supported (you're on your own here).

Q) How come My Backup Pro doesn't work with this ROM?
A) The included busybox is not compatible. Please visit the 'Download' portion of the first post and download and flash the busybox + root update to make My Backup Pro work again. Thanks.

Q) I cannot download Maps from the Play Store (says version not supported or other error)!
A) Perhaps in some regions Maps is not enabled in the Play Store for JB. You can find the latest version (6.9.0) below. Install with any file manager (make sure unknown sources is enabled in Settings).
Maps.apk

I will add more entries as I encounter them. Also, feel free to PM me suggestions to put in the FAQ

Additional Resources

Everything Jelly Bean Guide - by Dakota0206

http://thesuperusersguide.weebly.com/everything-jelly-bean.html

Video and Written Review of this ROM - by Koki1337

http://nasilemaktech.com/2012/07/01/android-4-1-jelly-bean-hands-on-for-galaxy-nexus/

Flashable mods for this ROM - by lichti1901

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1747632

Video Review of Jellybean 4.1 - by qbking77

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FE1WxgYtqqA

Last edited:

SoleOfJohn

Oct 10, 2009
Rancho Cucamonga
Downloading!

I'm downloading now and will flash as soon as it's completed. I'll report back in just a bit. I have a Galaxy Nexus GSM YAKJU model.

Jelly Bean Rom runs like a champ! Yea it doesn't have root, but I can deal with that for bleeding edge!

Installation is the same as any other ROM, Wipe system/all then install, It's that simple!

Last edited:

nin9

Feb 28, 2011
so...if u come from AOKP u must:
in CWM
1.wipe/factory reset
2.flash 4.1
3.cache
4.dalvik

and that's it?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    The latest Android OS 4.2.2 Jellybean for the Galaxy Nexus!

Important info (PLEASE READ):
    1. This will create an /sdcard/0/ folder on your internal storage and move all your files in there. This is new behavior due to Android 4.2. (Use latest TWRP or CWP to prevent further nesting of 0 folders)
    2. If you want to enable developer settings, you must click the "Build Number" in about phone 7 times to "unhide" the option.
    3. Go into SuperSU and update binaries before using root features.

This is a stock build of Android 4.2.2, Jellybean, which was pushed to HSPA Galaxy Nexus devices OTA on 2/11/13. All I have done to it is rooted the system, installed busybox, set the boot.img to insecure, and packaged up the ROM into an easy to install zip file.

Features

• The latest Android OS, 4.2.2 Jellybean build JDQ39
    • Insecure boot.img (allows for elevated commands such as adb remount)
    • Rooted with the latest su binary and SuperSU app
    • Busybox 1.21.0 installed for increased functionality of root applications and terminal commands
    • Deodexed for easy themeing and modding
    • Odexed version also available for purists

Credits

• Google - for developing Jellybean, the best version of Android yet!
    • Chainfire - for quickly updating SuperSU for Jellybean!
    • Goo.im - a great host and resource for developers and the Android community in general
    • Anyone I may have missed - thanks for all your contributions!

Requirements

• GSM Galaxy Nexus (GT-i9250) - your version does not matter (yakju, takju, etc)
    • ClockworkMod or TeamWin Recovery

Screenshots

Screenshot_2012-11-13-11-22-11.png
    JDQ39.png

Screenshot_2012-11-13-11-22-31.png
    Screenshot_2012-11-13-11-23-55.png

Instructions

1. If you are on any 4.0.x ROM, it is highly suggested you do a full factory reset (wipe data/cache in recovery) prior to flashing Jellybean!

2. If you are upgrading from a 4.1.2 JB ROM you may be able to just wipe cache and dalvik cache.

• Wipe accordingly as outlined above
    • Use your recovery to flash the ROM file
    • Do NOT flash any gapps - they are all included
    • Optionally, flash the baseband (radio) update if you'd like the newest one
    • Reboot - be patient, the initial boot may take a few minutes

Downloads - Current Version: JDQ39

Primary Link (Goo.im)

15b41fccfd288b761087686a143dce2f bigxie_maguro_OTA_JDQ39-signed.zip

Primary Link (Goo.im)

f7298549614136a3c84070281afacdff bigxie_maguro_OTA_JDQ39_odexed-signed.zip

XXLJ1 Baseband (Radio) - Thanks osm0sis!

Primary Link (Goo.im)

MD5: 92e662a27f7ca4942e402e67fd3175c4 cwm-radio-maguro-i9250xxlj1.zip

Outdated Downloads - JOP40D

Primary Link (Goo.im)

71ab4bba5d93b4a51e00467e2b97b499 bigxie_maguro_OTA_JOP40D-signed.zip

Primary Link (Goo.im)

f5a94c1c03f51ae0401f32dd113db2e5 bigxie_maguro_OTA_JOP40D_odexed-signed.zip

XXLH1 Baseband (Radio)

Primary Link (neXfiles)

Outdated Downloads - JZO54K

Primary Link (Goo.im)

5058e8ef5f5adc88db763ff1467cbbf8 bigxie_maguro_OTA_JZO54K-signed.zip

Primary Link (Goo.im)

6608ecc42ca16bdd7daf6b3e46f17e40 bigxie_maguro_OTA_JZO54K_odexed-signed.zip

XXLF1 Baseband (Radio)

Primary Link (Mediafire)
    Secondary Link (min.us)

cd36753010528bf7fe3cb269de5538db CWM-RADIO-i9250-JB.zip

Outdated Downloads - JRO03C

Deodexed:
    Mirror (Sendspace)
    Mirror (Depositfiles)
    3614947cc31913eaac191ca7e19eca5f bigxie_maguro_OTA_JRO03C-signed.zip

Odexed:
    Mirror (Sendspace)
    Mirror (Depositfiles)
    9265c0809cfbc75c0990db95cd2d977a bigxie_maguro_OTA_JRO03C_odexed-signed.zip

Also available in ROM Manager section: Fabolous

If you enjoy my work, consider buying me a beer :)

Donations FabDroid

Please don't forget to read the FAQ in the 2nd post if you have any questions or issues. Thanks!
    Android 4.1.1 JRO03C

Android 4.1.1 JRO03C built from source:

Screenshot_2012-07-10-02-09-38.png

You can flash this right over 4.1 - just wipe cache and dalvik. GAPPS are included.

LINK: http://goo.im/roms/fabolous/uberNoWarrantyTestBuilds/bigxie_maguro_JRO03C.zip

MIRRORS - thanks sashajovicic:
    http://www.sendspace.com/file/jtnpl2
    http://oron.com/gmi0h0rcw8nk
    https://hotfile.com/dl/162819598/26bc410/bigxie_maguro_JRO03C.zip.html

MD5:
    7f43fb5677550561b2aebdec02f70b6f bigxie_maguro_JRO03C.zip

Only tested it very sparsely. Let me know what doesn't work!

EDIT: The following I have tested and are working

-Google Now
    -Camera - has issues if you do a clean install, not if you "dirty" flash over v2 (looking into this)
    -Audio
    -GPS
    -Calls
    -SMS
    -3G and wifi
    -Custom 4.1 kernels work
    -root (you may need to update the binary using SuperSU)
    -all the included system apps
    -USB OTG

What doesn't work: Camera will have some issues on a clean install (full data wipe). Avoid that for the time being.

Fixed in 4.1.1: slight delay before launching apps :D
    FAQ & Additional Resources

Video Review of Android 4.2 JOP40C by rishari

Frequently Asked Questions Warning: These entries are mostly from when Jellybean first arrived. They are deprecated by now (11/15/12)

Q) I have both Superuser and SuperSU. Which one should I keep?
    A) Unless you're heavily invested in Superuser, please use SuperSU on Jellybean. It is just more compatible at the moment. Go into Settings, Apps, and uninstall/disable Superuser.

Q) My notification LED isn't working / behaving properly. How do I fix this?
    A) Try the following fix from Fabriciohss: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=28656530#post28656530

Q) Is this ROM in ROM Manager?
    A) Yes! It is under my section 'Fabolous', which is in the free section on weekdays, and moves to the premium section on weekends (due to RM developer portal agreement).

Q) My Google Now is not behaving like the Jellybean demo, it will not respond by voice or show cards!
    A) Currently many features are limited to English (US). Please read this great Google Now tutorial by evostance:
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1740542

Q) I flashed a custom kernel, but I'd like to return to the stock kernel. Is there a file?
    A) Absolutely! Thanks to ceejay83. Just flash the following file in recovery, wipe dalvik cache:
    http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=28014747&postcount=772

Q) How do I quickly access Google Now?
    A) You can press anywhere on the Navbar and slide up to enter Google Now. From the main screen, you can speak 'Google' and it will then accept voice commands!

Q) I do not have the Sound Search widget! Where is it?
    A) The system automatically hides this if you're not in an allowed region (US). You can unfreeze the apk using Titanium Backup, repeating the process every time you boot if you want to use this feature.

Q) Do I have to use the baseband in the OP? Will my existing baseband work with Jellybean?
    A) No, you do not need to use the baseband provided in the OP. I just provided it since it came with Jellybean and some prefer to use it. Your old ICS baseband will work fine. Conversely, the JB baseband will also work with ICS ROMS.

Q) How do I revert to the keyboard behavior from ICS (punctuation mark options after hitting space)?
    A) Go to Settings -> Language & input -> Android keyboard -> Advanced settings -> Uncheck 'Next word prediction'

Q) My Camera is missing!
    A) Flashing an ICS gapps package will do this. You do NOT need to flash any gapps with this ROM, they are included.

Q) How can I modify the LCD density? Does LCD Density Modder work?
    A) LCD Density modder is not JB compatible (as of 6/30/12). Please use either ROM Toolbox, or manually edit the line in build.prop. Beware, modifying the density can cause layout errors and is NOT supported (you're on your own here).

Q) How come My Backup Pro doesn't work with this ROM?
    A) The included busybox is not compatible. Please visit the 'Download' portion of the first post and download and flash the busybox + root update to make My Backup Pro work again. Thanks.

Q) I cannot download Maps from the Play Store (says version not supported or other error)!
    A) Perhaps in some regions Maps is not enabled in the Play Store for JB. You can find the latest version (6.9.0) below. Install with any file manager (make sure unknown sources is enabled in Settings).
    Maps.apk

I will add more entries as I encounter them. Also, feel free to PM me suggestions to put in the FAQ

Additional Resources

Everything Jelly Bean Guide - by Dakota0206

http://thesuperusersguide.weebly.com/everything-jelly-bean.html

Video and Written Review of this ROM - by Koki1337

http://nasilemaktech.com/2012/07/01/android-4-1-jelly-bean-hands-on-for-galaxy-nexus/

Flashable mods for this ROM - by lichti1901

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1747632

Video Review of Jellybean 4.1 - by qbking77

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FE1WxgYtqqA
    Installing 4.1.x step-by-step

--at the end of post you find out how to replace superuser with supersu and vice versa (supersu is preferred with jb -bigxies latest ROM comes with supersu)--

Hi everyone.

Here is the way to flash 4.1.x coming from 4.0.4, without having to connect your Nexus once to a computer. Keeping everything the way we like it.

So let's get started.

Prepare yourself:

1. Download latest ROM [includes SuperSU & gApps] (in case you have problems with maps see 2. post)

2. Download the baseband/Radio [optional] (see OP)

4. Install GetRIL of Market [optional] (PlayStore)

5. MAKE A BACK-UP
    either with clockwork or teamwin recovery (remember cwm restores cwm and twr restores twr backups)

(I use TeamWin)
    i. if you want to use TeamWin install GooManager open it and go to Flash ROM, it will
    ask you if it should find a compatible Recovery tap "Try to find one for me" it will download an install TeamWin Recovery for you.
    (FYI I always have a back up of my back ups on my computer)

Lets get started with the baseband, what I did first since it works with 4.0.4: (this is optional)

1. Boot into recovery

2. Wipe Dalvik / Cache

3. Flash the new baseband

4. Boot into System

5. Open GetRIL and let it do its magic, by installing the matching RIL

6. Smile Baseband and RIL are up-to-date

Ready for 4.1.x:

1. Boot into recovery

2. Wipe everything (except your SD-Card/Storage of course)

3. Flash the 4.1.x ROM (gApps & superSU are included)

4. Boot up your phone

5. SetUp everything

6. Now to be safe, make sure recovery is installed, this is rather optional, but better safe then sorry. Takes less than a minute.
    (Choose the one thats right for you)
    i. Install ROM-Manager (for ClockWork) open it and "Flash ClockworkMod Recovery"
    ii. Install GooManager (for TeamWin) open it and go to Flash ROM, it will ask you to
    find a compatible Recovery tap "Try to find one for me" it will download an install TeamWin Recovery for you.

7. Smile everything should work fine,nothing changed except you now got jb. ;)

8. Share this post to make others happy. (xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=28044634&postcount=1265)

9. Hit the thanks button if you want to make me smile. :) :) :) :) thanks

Replace superuser with supersu and vice versa:

-you need to remove the superuser/supersu.apk from system/app
    -then boot straight into recovery
    -wipe dalvik/cache
    -flash supersu.zip or superuser.zip
    -reboot
    -open app to update binaries
    OP updated with 4.2.2 files. Deodexed and odexed available.

Rooted with the latest SuperSU and using the latest busybox v1.21.0.

Enjoy!