[REF] Force Verizon phone to use HSPA+ instead of LTE, and disable fast dormancy

Search This thread

pfak

Mar 29, 2010
Vancouver
The following changes can be made to /system/build.prop to make the device function a "bit better" on non-Verizon networks (eg. disable LTE if you don't have it, and fast dormancy for providers like Rogers that don't support it.):

Code:
ro.mot.ds.fastdormancy.disable=true
telephony.lteOnCdmaDevice=0
ro.telephony.default_network=3

Parameters should be self explanatory!

iamrenne

Nov 14, 2007
Geleen
The following changes can be made to /system/build.prop to make the device function a "bit better" on non-Verizon networks (eg. disable LTE if you don't have it, and fast dormancy for providers like Rogers that don't support it.):

Code:

Great job!

Does this also work for the HTC Droid DNA Verizon with another carrier?

Last edited:

richie390

Jan 22, 2011
So basically even though it forces to use HSPA, and the phone doesn't support the 1700/2100 bands for T-Mobile; I would still have to wait until T-Mobile covers the 1900 in my area?

ibawanzingee

Dec 8, 2010
mt4g slide here - What I wanna know is, where to get: (from the image)

Wallpaper
and how to make my nav bar CLEAR, INCLUDING obtaining those really cool nav buttons.

Thanks for any help.

Verizon-Motorola-Droid-RAZR-HD.jpg

brownrt

Dec 1, 2008
Washington, DC
Verizon RAZR

Code:

This OP is pretty abrupt. Does this build.prop edit only cover the Unlocked Bootloader version of the Verizon Razr HD or does it cover the consumer edition as well?
Does this ultimatly mean that domestic US Sim cards can be placed in the slot without flashing the radio or am i misinterpreting this thread all together?

Mr.Mischief

Mar 26, 2011
AUburn
This OP is pretty abrupt. Does this build.prop edit only cover the Unlocked Bootloader version of the Verizon Razr HD or does it cover the consumer edition as well?
Does this ultimatly mean that domestic US Sim cards can be placed in the slot without flashing the radio or am i misinterpreting this thread all together?

To date, there has not been an unlock developed for the Verizon RAZR so it can run on a US GSM network.

Note that in the OP, he specifically mentioned Rogers. If you take a Verizon RAZR to Canada, you can use it on a GSM network. His instructions are so people can turn off LTE and fast dormancy(since it isn't supported on Rogers).

Sent from my HTC Sensation 4G using Tapatalk 2

brownrt

Dec 1, 2008
Washington, DC
Just to clarify there its a desirable radio for the Verizon HD that would allow you to use it on US carriers. its based on an Australian carriers version of the phone. The only problem is that it will not allow you to switch between VZW and other carriers on the fly and requires re flashing.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using xda app-developers app

Reactions: lucidvtec

hondaguy

Mar 2, 2006
toronto
Quick question, i have a Rogers branded razr HD and I want to disable fast dormancy and be able to lock it to 3g at times. Can I use this same method for my version of the phone? Thanks

T

thund3rbay

Quick question, i have a Rogers branded razr HD and I want to disable fast dormancy and be able to lock it to 3g at times. Can I use this same method for my version of the phone? Thanks

yes for sure ...
just edit this line..

hondaguy

Mar 2, 2006
toronto
Are you sure that Rogers disables fast dormancy? Why is there a fast dormancy monitor service built in? Thanks for any clarification you can give

BJNK

Jul 15, 2007
fast dormancy causing lag?

I have a RAZR HD Maxx running on Bell and it runs likr total crap. Its always laggy and has multiple mini freezes. it also seems to have too much awake time. In the OP you said it makes it a "bit better." Were you having these issues as well ? What exactly does it make better ?

Last edited:

n8than

Apr 13, 2010
Using on Rural CDMA carrier

A small rural carrier in Wisconsin called Element Mobile launched this device on their CDMA network. They have not launched 4G/LTE yet so their version of the Razr Maxx bypasses using the SIM.

It appears everyone is now have data dormancy issues. numerous times per day the device will display 3G in grey but there is not data. Airplane mode or power cycle has to be done to get data back.

Is there any other carriers that attempted this or anyone else experiencing these issues?

fariddergal

May 4, 2012
razr HD for GSM networks

Hello , does any body has test this procedure with networks out of US? with the xt926 and running kitkat? 4.4.2?
Currently several people are facing some issues like battery drain, random reboots, screen lock etc, and the reason apears to be the fast dormancy process.
Does any body has tested this procedure?

yujikaido79

Oct 15, 2007
Hong Kong
I am in Hong Kong right now using my Razr HD Maxx I got when I was visiting family in the US. It works fine, I had some issues with fastdormancy at first but did the build prop edit and haven't had an issue yet. I didn't use the info here but looks similar. I used a flashable zip that did the edits for me. I am running the latest kitkat stock update with unlocked bootloader and rooted with xposed.

Hello , does any body has test this procedure with networks out of US? with the xt926 and running kitkat? 4.4.2?
Currently several people are facing some issues like battery drain, random reboots, screen lock etc, and the reason apears to be the fast dormancy process.
Does any body has tested this procedure?

fariddergal

May 4, 2012
I am in Hong Kong right now using my Razr HD Maxx I got when I was visiting family in the US. It works fine, I had some issues with fastdormancy at first but did the build prop edit and haven't had an issue yet. I didn't use the info here but looks similar. I used a flashable zip that did the edits for me. I am running the latest kitkat stock update with unlocked bootloader and rooted with xposed.

Hello yujikaido. Do you have the procedure to root the phone?,
also do you have the zip or where did you get it just to see if I will get same results.

Thanks for your help

yujikaido79

Oct 15, 2007
Hong Kong
I just visited this post on XDA, you should be able to edit them manually if you are rooted with an editor but I had trouble with the edits staying after a reboot. For Kitkat update you need to use the towel exploit to unlock your bootloader and root it. Although I haven't used it personally, already unlocked you may not have to unlock bootloader to root but you might as well.

http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=44339183&postcount=1

Hello yujikaido. Do you have the procedure to root the phone?,
also do you have the zip or where did you get it just to see if I will get same results.

Thanks for your help

Huli13

Dec 8, 2013
I just visited this post on XDA, you should be able to edit them manually if you are rooted with an editor but I had trouble with the edits staying after a reboot. For Kitkat update you need to use the towel exploit to unlock your bootloader and root it. Although I haven't used it personally, already unlocked you may not have to unlock bootloader to root but you might as well.

http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=44339183&postcount=1

I have mine rooted with the towel, just used Ti to freeze the fastdormancy apk.

I was experiencing the stuck black screen and my battery only lasted about 6 hours. Will report back if that works. If not, I am going to do the code edit mentioned earlier.

Huli13

Dec 8, 2013
So far no issues with the locked black screen after freezing the "Modem Fastdormancy Monitor Service 4.4.2-10" apk with Ti backup. I just took the phone off the charger about an hour ago. If the battery does not make it through the day or it black screen locks; I am going to try the text editing from the beginning of the thread.

Huli13

Dec 8, 2013
Yes, just freezing the apk fixed the issue. While I was in there I also froze EVERY apk with VZW or Verizon in the name... soooooo much better battery life!

Reactions: notrite63

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Code:

Just to clarify there its a desirable radio for the Verizon HD that would allow you to use it on US carriers. its based on an Australian carriers version of the phone. The only problem is that it will not allow you to switch between VZW and other carriers on the fly and requires re flashing.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using xda app-developers app
    Yes, just freezing the apk fixed the issue. While I was in there I also froze EVERY apk with VZW or Verizon in the name... soooooo much better battery life!