Question about Installing android 4.4.3 on rooted N5.

Search This thread

magnusnet

Jun 5, 2014
Lyon
Hello,

I currently own a rooted/unlocked Nexus 5 smartphone and my carrier just pushed me the new android 4.4.3 update and it's been a while since I've been in this situation (get update while running andoird with root access).

My questions are the following:

- If I remeber well from last time I had this situation with my galaxy nexus, installing 4.4.3 will not harm my phone, it will still be unlocked, no data will be lost but I won't have root access anymore nor be able to use apps that require root. Is this correct?

- Is there a way (or will there be a way that I should patiently wait for) to get the 4.4.3 update, whithout loosing data or root access? Last time, I installed the pushed update, lost root, had to wait for the tool I used to be updated, then had to root the phone again and lost all the data (yes I saved most of it but still is a pain in the arse to redo everything).

I am aware that the version just came out and I have no problem waiting for amazing devs to do their mojo, I was just wondering if updating rooted versions was possible without data loss and I should wait for it or if I will have to root the phone again ^^.

Thanks in advance for your answers :)

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Free mobile app

f4ltu

Mar 12, 2012
Hello,

I currently own a rooted/unlocked Nexus 5 smartphone and my carrier just pushed me the new android 4.4.3 update and it's been a while since I've been in this situation (get update while running andoird with root access).

- If I remeber well from last time I had this situation with my galaxy nexus, installing 4.4.3 will not harm my phone, it will still be unlocked, no data will be lost but I won't have root access anymore nor be able to use apps that require root. Is this correct?

- Is there a way (or will there be a way that I should patiently wait for) to get the 4.4.3 update, whithout loosing data or root access? Last time, I installed the pushed update, lost root, had to wait for the tool I used to be updated, then had to root the phone again and lost all the data (yes I saved most of it but still is a pain in the arse to redo everything).

I am aware that the version just came out and I have no problem waiting for amazing devs to do their mojo, I was just wondering if updating rooted versions was possible without data loss and I should wait for it or if I will have to root the phone again ^^.

SEE THIS : http://xdaforums.com/google-nexus-5

:D:good::good::D:good:

Reactions: magnusnet

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello,

SEE THIS : http://xdaforums.com/google-nexus-5

:D:good::good::D:good: