[Q] Why is my phone not rooting?

Search This thread

Kaitlyn2004

Jul 31, 2007
So I thought I followed all steps properly and eventually got to this:

C:\adt-bundle-windows\sdk\platform-tools>fastboot flash recovery C:\android\recovery-clockwork-touch-6.0.2.3-mako.img
sending 'recovery' (7808 KB)...
OKAY [ 0.264s]
writing 'recovery'...
OKAY [ 0.451s]
finished. total time: 0.717s

then I go back to system reboot, yes - fix recovery flash... it reboots, and I'm NOT rooted. The SU app is in the app drawer but it says the binary isn't installed and the root checker app says it isn't rooted too.

What am I missing? :(

Planterz

Feb 28, 2014
Tucson, AZ

C:\adt-bundle-windows\sdk\platform-tools>fastboot flash recovery C:\android\recovery-clockwork-touch-6.0.2.3-mako.img
OKAY [ 0.264s]
writing 'recovery'...
OKAY [ 0.451s]

then I go back to system reboot, yes - fix recovery flash... it reboots, and I'm NOT rooted. The SU app is in the app drawer but it says the binary isn't installed and the root checker app says it isn't rooted too.

Just use Towelroot. So easy. Install SuperSU, run Towelroot, load SuperSU and you should be good.

metpage

Sep 24, 2010

OKAY [ 0.264s]
writing 'recovery'...
OKAY [ 0.451s]

can you reply with all the steps you took? from the above it doesn't look like you flashed SU app in recovery.