[Q] Random Sprint GS5 questions.

Search This thread

VarkTheShark

Aug 29, 2014
The few questions I have are if I root my Sprint GS5 theres some things I want to know if I can do or not.
1) I wanna know that if I root my phone can I change the color of my pull-down notification center/entire settings menu or change my battery icon in the top right ir just little things like that in general.
2) Im not a big fan of Androids version of Twitter so I was wondering that if my phone was rooted would I be able to get Apple's version of Twitter on my GS5. Or if I could get keyboards that wouldnt normally be available without root access.

Any help or feedback will be appreciated, Thank you.

fffft

Jul 16, 2013
would I be able to get Apple's version of Twitter on my GS5

No. Apple IOS is a different operating system than Android, so you can't run Apple apps on a S5. See if there is an Android version of the app or look at the other Android versions to find a similar app that is to your taste.

Changing icons and colours is a lot easier. Given root, you can use Xposed framework and Wanam to make those changes. Or any number of other theming apps. You could even learn how to theme (make the changes manually) if you wish too by studying the theming tutorials in the forum.

Lots of keyboards and a lot of other stuff that you could never do on Apple as well.

VarkTheShark

Aug 29, 2014
No. Apple IOS is a different operating system than Android, so you can't run Apple apps on a S5. See if there is an Android version of the app or look at the other Android versions to find a similar app that is to your taste.

Changing icons and colours is a lot easier. Given root, you can use Xposed framework and Wanam to make those changes. Or any number of other theming apps. You could even learn how to theme (make the changes manually) if you wish too by studying the theming tutorials in the forum.

Lots of keyboards and a lot of other stuff that you could never do on Apple as well.

Okay thank you. So you're telling me that "Xposed Framework and Wanam" will allow me to change the color of my pull down notification bar and settings, or my battery icon easily? Because I've wanted to root my phone for awhile so I can get these added benefits but I've been worried that I wont do it right and I'll somehow mess my phone up.

zmag

Jan 25, 2011
Okay thank you. So you're telling me that "Xposed Framework and Wanam" will allow me to change the color of my pull down notification bar and settings, or my battery icon easily? Because I've wanted to root my phone for awhile so I can get these added benefits but I've been worried that I wont do it right and I'll somehow mess my phone up.

Look for towelroot in the Sprint GS5 forum post I provided (make sure you download the version posted in the forum by CCallahan and not directly from towelroot.com - it will not work: read in the post why) - http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2737724

I did it to my SM-G900P and it was the easiest method ive ever encountered with a phone so far (1 click root) Just make sure to install SuperSU after you towelroot

And yes, download Xposed Installer and search for Wanam mod in the installer's search feature. And also get XBlast Tools. Wanam is for TouchWiz - XBlast Tools are for every device. Combined, you will be able to do whatever you want.

Hope this helps! - zmag

P.S. (feel free to hit the thanks button if I did) ;)

Last edited:
Reactions: VarkTheShark

fffft

Jul 16, 2013
I've been worried that I wont do it right and I'll somehow mess my phone up.

Nothing is risk free, including walking across a street or rooting a phone. But if you took a few minutes to read some posts in the forum, you'd quickly learn that 99% of people don't have any significant problems. If you're still worried, then don't root your phone.

Reactions: VarkTheShark

VarkTheShark

Aug 29, 2014
Look for towelroot in the Sprint GS5 forum post I provided (make sure you download the version posted in the forum by CCallahan and not directly from towelroot.com - it will not work: read in the post why) - http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2737724

I did it to my SM-G900P and it was the easiest method ive ever encountered with a phone so far (1 click root) Just make sure to install SuperSU after you towelroot

And yes, download Xposed Installer and search for Wanam mod in the installer's search feature. And also get XBlast Tools. Wanam is for TouchWiz - XBlast Tools are for every device. Combined, you will be able to do whatever you want.

Hope this helps! - zmag

Thanks. I'll be sure do get Xblast. I actually rooted my phone shortly after I asked this question. So all is good now

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Hope this helps! - zmag

I've been worried that I wont do it right and I'll somehow mess my phone up.

Nothing is risk free, including walking across a street or rooting a phone. But if you took a few minutes to read some posts in the forum, you'd quickly learn that 99% of people don't have any significant problems. If you're still worried, then don't root your phone.