[ROM][4.4.4][CyanideMod]

Search This thread

rogersb11

Nov 18, 2013
Indianapolis
Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
Android-KitKat.jpg

Unofficial CyanogenMod 11 SABERMOD 4.8 Toolchain

What we have here is going a Custom ROM derived from CM11 built with Sabermod toolchain. This ROM is loaded with features and I will update the OP with screens and details at a point not to far from now. CLEAN install is recommended for your first time but dirty will be fine after that unless I notify you differently. This ROM includes my SHIFT custom kernel with Stweaks to configure. Stweaks will replace performance control in Settings at some point soon

HOW TO INSTALL

Make sure you are on a KitKat compatible recovery
Download the zip
Download compatible Gapps
WIPE DATA/FACTORY RESET
Wipe Cache/Dalvic Cache
Flash the Rom
Flash Gapps
Reboot
Enjoy

Install from my previous build:
Download the ROM
WIPE Cache
WIPE Dalvik Cache
Flash the ROM
Reboot

Current build:10092014

HOWEVER, I HIGHLY recommend using v2 or v3 and version 4 was put out without testing as I had moved to a new device and it has some very annoying bugs, IMO v2 is the best one FOR SURE

Downloads: CyanideMod

Recommended GAPPS: GAPPS
(Others may work but I've only tested these)

Google Camera: Camera

Play Services Update: Play Services

SUPERSU:http://download.chainfire.eu/451/SuperSU/UPDATE-SuperSU-v2.01.zip

Also Entire CyanogenMod Team for making their source open and available to the public. Pretty damn awesome of them if you ask me

DISCLAMER

Your warranty is now void.

I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards, thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.

XDA:DevDB Information
CyanideMod, ROM for the AT&T Samsung Galaxy S II SGH-I777

Contributors
rogersb11
Source Code: www.github.com/rogersb11

ROM OS Version: 4.4.x KitKat
ROM Kernel: Linux 3.0.x
ROM Firmware Required: KitKat compatible recovery
Based On: CyanogenMod

Version Information
Current Beta Version: V1
Beta Release Date: 2014-10-09

Created 2014-10-10
Last Updated 2015-08-15

Last edited:
Well I was typing a message to you in Tapatalk and got my first random reboot. I was wondering if you're the developer that was mentioning including gapps right into the ROM that's so could you include all of the slim gaps we can always remove the ones we don't want easily it's a lot harder to add them in reason being they switch to a dark theme with your dark switch

rogersb11

Nov 18, 2013
Indianapolis
Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
Well I was typing a message to you in Tapatalk and got my first random reboot. I was wondering if you're the developer that was mentioning including gapps right into the ROM that's so could you include all of the slim gaps we can always remove the ones we don't want easily it's a lot harder to add them in reason being they switch to a dark theme with your dark switch

Yes that was me. I've been back and forth on whether to do it or not. If I did it would be a minimal package. I'm not sure where to get the slim gapps. The package I have and found on github is for banks or pa but obviously with dark ui slim would be beneficial

Sent from my SGH-I777 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Reactions: david72262

edwin270

May 2, 2010
Tema
www.edsysinc.webs.com
Yes that was me. I've been back and forth on whether to do it or not. If I did it would be a minimal package. I'm not sure where to get the slim gapps. The package I have and found on github is for banks or pa but obviously with dark ui slim would be beneficial

This is where i always get my slim gapps, that is if not looking for the source. Beta has always worked like a champ for me not forgetting i always go for full gapps.

http://slimroms.net/index.php/downloads/dlsearch/viewcategory/1251-addons/downloads

wolftou

Mar 28, 2012
what's the Google Camera Module pa_googlecamera-module-4.4.4-20140720-signed.zip for? Thanks

Edit: what could be the causes for random reboots? I get it here and there for random reason like restarting Apex Launcher, setting wallpaper, exiting Link2SD, etc... I remember back then someone said that "random" reboot is for the system to get updated to whatever changes made (this is for SlimRoms).

Last edited:

rogersb11

Nov 18, 2013
Indianapolis
Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
what's the Google Camera Module pa_googlecamera-module-4.4.4-20140720-signed.zip for? Thanks

Edit: what could be the causes for random reboots? I get it here and there for random reason like restarting Apex Launcher, setting wallpaper, exiting Link2SD, etc... I remember back then someone said that "random" reboot is for the system to get updated to whatever changes made (this is for SlimRoms).

Reboot as in the phone turns completely off and then back on? It's Google camera and the libraries it's needs to work. It has more features but it personal preference. I don't use it

I had a lot of weird issues for the first couple hours while setting up phone with random reboots and lock screen and stuff but it all seemed to go away after a couple hours let your phone settle

wolftou

Mar 28, 2012
Reboot as in the phone turns completely off and then back on? It's Google camera and the libraries it's needs to work. It has more features but it personal preference. I don't use it

Just a soft reboot. I'm up and running on the ROM, will report back if I see anything wrong. Thanks.

chowland1967

Apr 16, 2014
Auburn
I did a clean install I noticed that the reboot menu doesn't show the advanced functions. It is checked off, but not showing.
I also had a few reboots, but at the time I was restoring apps using titanium. (just apps and data, not system stuff)
Not sure if titanium was the issue. anyway, did the 3 finger salute and restored my phone back and did a dirty flash.
That caused holy hell. Definitely have to do a clean install with this.
Anyway, I restored back for now. I'll have to play with this more this weekend. I do like it alot.

rogersb11

Nov 18, 2013
Indianapolis
Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
I did a clean install I noticed that the reboot menu doesn't show the advanced functions. It is checked off, but not showing.
I also had a few reboots, but at the time I was restoring apps using titanium. (just apps and data, not system stuff)
Not sure if titanium was the issue. anyway, did the 3 finger salute and restored my phone back and did a dirty flash.
That caused holy hell. Definitely have to do a clean install with this.
Anyway, I restored back for now. I'll have to play with this more this weekend. I do like it alot.

Installed 3 times without a reboot. Yes I know advanced reboot bug. Uncheck and then check again to fix, just noticed this myself. On another note tho, this is completely different from shifted cm11. All new,I don't consider restoring data with tibu to be a clean install. Just saying lol. This system reads some things differently

Reactions: razen_kain

chowland1967

Apr 16, 2014
Auburn
I plan on doing a nice and clean install over the weekend. Unfortunately I have this thing called a job that I have to do today other-wise I'd be messing with this new rom today. I like what I saw so far though. Nova Launcher is new to me, so I'll be checking that out also.
Thanks for your continued hard work on this, it is very much appreciated!!

Reactions: rogersb11

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Android-KitKat.jpg

Unofficial CyanogenMod 11 SABERMOD 4.8 Toolchain

What we have here is going a Custom ROM derived from CM11 built with Sabermod toolchain. This ROM is loaded with features and I will update the OP with screens and details at a point not to far from now. CLEAN install is recommended for your first time but dirty will be fine after that unless I notify you differently. This ROM includes my SHIFT custom kernel with Stweaks to configure. Stweaks will replace performance control in Settings at some point soon

HOW TO INSTALL

Make sure you are on a KitKat compatible recovery
    Download the zip
    Download compatible Gapps
    WIPE DATA/FACTORY RESET
    Wipe Cache/Dalvic Cache
    Flash the Rom
    Flash Gapps
    Reboot
    Enjoy

Install from my previous build:
    Download the ROM
    WIPE Cache
    WIPE Dalvik Cache
    Flash the ROM
    Reboot

Current build:10092014

HOWEVER, I HIGHLY recommend using v2 or v3 and version 4 was put out without testing as I had moved to a new device and it has some very annoying bugs, IMO v2 is the best one FOR SURE

Downloads: CyanideMod

Recommended GAPPS: GAPPS
    (Others may work but I've only tested these)

Google Camera: Camera

Play Services Update: Play Services

SUPERSU:http://download.chainfire.eu/451/SuperSU/UPDATE-SuperSU-v2.01.zip

Also Entire CyanogenMod Team for making their source open and available to the public. Pretty damn awesome of them if you ask me

DISCLAMER

Your warranty is now void.

I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards, thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.

XDA:DevDB Information
    CyanideMod, ROM for the AT&T Samsung Galaxy S II SGH-I777

Contributors
    rogersb11
    Source Code: www.github.com/rogersb11

ROM OS Version: 4.4.x KitKat
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.0.x
    ROM Firmware Required: KitKat compatible recovery
    Based On: CyanogenMod

Version Information
    Current Beta Version: V1
    Beta Release Date: 2014-10-09

Created 2014-10-10
    Last Updated 2015-08-15
    Update. V4 is up. Stock Recents is NOT FIXED. I thought I fixed it but without the device I couldn't test. Friend let me know they weren't. Either way, full sync with CM a couple days ago and fresh build at least

https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=95784891001615329
    Build up. Included kernel supports encryption as well. Deciding to work on one more goodie for the kernel but I'm not saying what it is until it's actually complete. Clean up, fixing and rebase. Enjoy V3. Also Google+ will crash your SystemUI so either don't install or don't flash LOL

https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=95784891001607346
    Here's V2. Went ahead and fixed Propmodder as well. It was bothering me haha

https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=95747613655049861

Moved to Android Development as OP requested.