[Q] Nexus 7 2013 32GB stuck on google screen

Search This thread

saajan_b123

Mar 12, 2014
Hi I'm new here, I have a nexus 7 2013 which wont go past the google screen, it just sits there doing nothing. I can still get into recovery mode and do a factory reset using wipe data/factory reset but it comes up with a bunch of errors such as:
E: failed to mount /cache (Invalid argument)
E: Can't mount /cache/recovery/log
E:Failed closing /dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/misc (I/O error)
etc.

I have no idea what to do. I've only had the Nexus since October 2013. It has been running the stock Kitkat 4.4.2 with no root or any bootloader mods

I dont know if this has anything to do with it but last night my sister turned the Nexus on but just as it finished booting (it got to the lock screen) she turned it off straight away before things like the notification bar and background had loaded up. We only turned it on about an hour ago and that was when the Nexus got stuck on the Google logo screen. Also the Nexus was plugged into the stock charger that came with it while this was happening.

What do I do from here?
Is the device bricked?
Or is it as simply flashing a ROM?

Many Thanks

Saajan

charesa39

Aug 19, 2013
Orange County, CA
Hi I'm new here, I have a nexus 7 2013 which wont go past the google screen, it just sits there doing nothing. I can still get into recovery mode and do a factory reset using wipe data/factory reset but it comes up with a bunch of errors such as:
etc.

I have no idea what to do. I've only had the Nexus since October 2013. It has been running the stock Kitkat 4.4.2 with no root or any bootloader mods

I dont know if this has anything to do with it but last night my sister turned the Nexus on but just as it finished booting (it got to the lock screen) she turned it off straight away before things like the notification bar and background had loaded up. We only turned it on about an hour ago and that was when the Nexus got stuck on the Google logo screen. Also the Nexus was plugged into the stock charger that came with it while this was happening.

What do I do from here?
Is the device bricked?

Many Thanks

Saajan

I would suggest that you put it into fastboot mode (aka get to the bootloader), and fastboot flash the factory image. However, you do have to unlock the bootloader first.

Follow Post #2 from this thread: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2382051

Reactions: saajan_b123

charesa39

Aug 19, 2013
Orange County, CA
Thank you, it worked great. I didnt know you could flash the image using fast boot

Awesome. Glad it worked out for you. As far as I know, fastboot is the only way to flash the factory image. Well, I suppose toolkits can flash it as well, but I, personally, am not a huge fan of them. Plus, it's the same process in fastboot as well, just automated. They're convenient for someone that already knows what they're doing, but for "nooks," they can often do more harm than good.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using xda app-developers app

:sasquatch:

Feb 2, 2015
hello guys,
I have the same problem with my nexus 7 2013 (wifi), and i am trying real hard to fix it, but i cannot.
When i try to unlock the boodloader in ADB, the screen freezes, and it will not respond anymore to commands. I have to reset the tablet manually, and boot into recovery mysefl, where the bootloader state is locked..

Running stock android, no root, bootloader locked, no usb debugging!

I think the problem is that the usb debuging is off, and i cannot write on the tablet in adb trough a usb connection.
Can someone help me?
Thank you in advance!

_MetalHead_

Jun 30, 2010
Portland
hello guys,
I have the same problem with my nexus 7 2013 (wifi), and i am trying real hard to fix it, but i cannot.
When i try to unlock the boodloader in ADB, the screen freezes, and it will not respond anymore to commands. I have to reset the tablet manually, and boot into recovery mysefl, where the bootloader state is locked..

Running stock android, no root, bootloader locked, no usb debugging!

I think the problem is that the usb debuging is off, and i cannot write on the tablet in adb trough a usb connection.
Can someone help me?
Thank you in advance!

You should be unlocking the bootloader with fastboot, not adb. Once unlocked, flash the factory image with fastboot.

:sasquatch:

Feb 2, 2015
I tried with fastboot, and it works perfect until i select (yes) option from the tablet. After selecting (yea) the tablet freezes and the bootloader remains locked! I have to hard reset the tablet to acces recovery mode again...
Any ideeas?

cabardesp

Apr 13, 2011
In fastboot mode, when i try fastboot oem unlock and select yes in tablet. tablet freezes and the bootloader remains locked!
Can someone help me out

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    etc.

What do I do from here?
    Is the device bricked?

Many Thanks

Saajan

I would suggest that you put it into fastboot mode (aka get to the bootloader), and fastboot flash the factory image. However, you do have to unlock the bootloader first.

Follow Post #2 from this thread: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2382051