[SM-N900*] CF-Auto-Root

Search This thread

Wicked68

Jan 26, 2011
Southern California
Getting ready to root mines, but had a question first. Is the Root De la Vega method, no longer working? Because that thread is closed, and there are no links to the files. That method wad said to not trip the KNOX counter. Usually I wouldn't care, but I'm with TMO, and will be still paying for the phone, so would like be able to get a replacement if need be, so would like KNOX to stay untripped, haha. I'm looking to run rooted Stock, no custom ROMs as of yet. Let me know. Thanks.

Sent from my SM-N900T using xda premium

Last edited:

shaggyskunk

Recognized Contributor
Nov 22, 2011
IDK
Getting ready to root mines, but had a question first. Is the Root De la Vega method, no longer working? Because that thread is closed, and there are no links to the files. That method wad said to not trip the KNOX counter. Usually I wouldn't care, but I'm with TMO, and will be still paying for the phone, so would like be able to get a replacement if need be, so would like KNOX to stay untripped, haha. I'm looking to run rooted Stock, no custom ROMs as of yet. Let me know. Thanks.

Sent from my SM-N900T using xda premium

Have a look here

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=46818366

I didn't use designgears exploit - I don't know if it's current - or for your device?

But if you want to do much more than rooting - Use Cf-AutoRoot - As far as warranty..... Some people say that they don't know how to check / or don't. If the device won't turn on - They can't check.

Sent from my SM-N900W8 using Tapatalk 2

optical10

Jul 5, 2006
Latest firmware LTE "XXUDMK2" compatible?

Chainfire any reason issues, has anyone flashed & applied Autoroot?

shaggyskunk

Recognized Contributor
Nov 22, 2011
IDK
Chainfire any reason issues, has anyone flashed & applied Autoroot?

Uhm - No idea about the total number of people who have flashed CF AUTO ROOT - But There's 100s if not 1000s of people who have used it.

If you follow the instructions in the OP for your device - You shouldn't have any problems.

optical10

Jul 5, 2006
Uhm - No idea about the total number of people who have flashed CF AUTO ROOT - But There's 100s if not 1000s of people who have used it.

If you follow the instructions in the OP for your device - You shouldn't have any problems.

Sorry but the title was " Latest firmware LTE "XXUDMK2" compatible?" asking any issues on this new 9005 firmware out today?

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

optical10

Jul 5, 2006
"Chainfire any reason issues, has anyone flashed & applied Autoroot?"

You see this anywhere in your post?

I don't.

That's the thing on Tapatalk it only shows as "Latest firmware LTE "XXUDMK2" compatible?" on compose & edit screen.

drreality

Oct 13, 2010
Coventry
hi guys, I used to be rooted, i upgraded from mj7 to mk2, lost my root, tried rooting again but no luck. the device flash pda successfully, reboot as intended, but I couldnt see su , so i installed from playstore. Rootchecker stays in loop, apps are not asking for permission to have SU access. how to fix please ?

kenny1991

Feb 5, 2012
Need to update

Can you update this or not? No way to update supersu binaries. How to fix it? When I open Supersu it asks for updating binaries and then it says installation fails. Can't open the app. Anyother super user apps wouldn't work either. This is abd.

how should I upgrade ota from mj7 to mk2? using mobileodin or su survival mode?

OTA is out of the q since your sys is modified, but if you flash by mobile odin you can keep root in the process. If you flash by pc you also need to reflash root

Sent from my SM-N9005 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Reactions: zerod78

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    PLEASE TEST IF YOU HAVE THE multitouch issue BEFORE ROOTING, AS ROOTING WILL VOID YOUR WARRANTY Read this post: http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=46293575&postcount=279. I have not had time to look into this myself unfortunately, as I'm travelling. Better safe than sorry.

Check your device model ! Settings -> About device -> Model number. See the third post for exact supported model numbers. If your device is a totally different model, it will not work (may even brick) !

CF-Root is the root for "rooting beginners" and those who want to keep as close to stock as possible. CF-Root is meant to be used in combination with stock Samsung firmwares, and be the quickest and easiest way for your first root.

Donate
    CF-Root has been available for many devices (Galaxy S1, Galaxy Tab 7", Galaxy S2, Galaxy Note, Galaxy Nexus, Galaxy S3, and many more) and has clocked over 16 million downloads. This is not even counting custom ROMs that already include it. Don't be a leech, buy me a beer (and use the "Thanks" button!). Imagine if every CF-Root user has donated me $1...

What's installed
    - SuperSU binary and APK
    - Stock recovery

Installation and usage
    Flash the CF-Auto-Root package as PDA in ODIN (details on how to do that are in next post), and your device should reboot into a modified recovery (signified by a large red Android logo) and it will install SuperSU for you and restore the stock recovery, and reboot back into Android.

If you don't get to the red Android logo, boot into recovery manually ("adb reboot recovery", or boot while holding Power+VolUp+Home).

Did you see the red Android logo during rooting, but SuperSU does not appear? This may sometimes occur due to left-over files and settings, however, you can usually install SuperSU from Google Play at this stage and it'll just work.

Flash counters and KNOX warranty
    Using this root method sets current binary and system status to custom. Additionally, it will also trigger the KNOX warranty void status.

This device store the traditional flash counter. Nor is is possible with Triangle Away to reset the current binary status. You will need to flash a stock kernel and stock recovery to reset the binary status.

The KNOX warranty status change is permanent, and a service center may deny warranty based on this flag - even if the other flags are reset correctly. The KNOX flag being tripped may also prevent certain Samsung KNOX features from working (enterprise security features). If this is something you care about, use a root method not based on custom kernels or recoveries, like a modified system partition. These are possible, but I don't personally make them, so look around!

Why isn't this just called CF-Root
    The traditional CF-Root's included a custom recovery (CWM, TWRP, etc) and were meant for devices that had a single kernel/recovery combination. CF-Auto-Root doesn't include a custom recovery and is meant for devices that have kernel and recovery separate (so you can manually install any custom recovery you wish). The Auto part comes from the fact that a large part of the process is automated (though it constantly needs adjusting)

Not included - Triangle Away
    Unfortunately, Triangle Away cannot currently be used on this device to reset the binary status or KNOX warranty void. It can still usually reset the system status, but that is of limited use.

Not included - adbd Insecure TODO: STILL UNDER DEVELOPMENT. Hopefully I'll get this to work soon.
    As this CF-Root does not include a custom kernel, adb shell does not have root access by default (you can still get it by typing su inside the shell), nor is adb remount supported, nor will adb push and adb pull work on system files. adbd Insecure can be used to remedy this situation. (No idea what this is about ? Don't worry about it !)

CF-Auto-Root homepage
    http://autoroot.chainfire.eu/

CF-Auto-Root main thread
    [CENTRAL] CF-Auto-Root
    For requests for new roots and generic discussion - please keep device specific discussion in the thread you are viewing now.
    Follow these instructions to the letter. Do not touch any buttons or checkboxes that are not listed below to touch!

- Download and unzip the CF-Auto-Root-....zip file (see posts below this one)
    - If you end up with a recovery.img and cache.img file, you've extracted twice. You need to end up with a .tar.md5 file - don't extract that one
    - (USB) Disconnect your phone from your computer
    - Start Odin3-vX.X.exe
    - Click the PDA button, and select CF-Auto-Root-....tar.md5
    - Put your phone in download mode (turn off phone, then hold VolDown+Home+Power to boot - if it asks you to press a button to continue, press the listed button, or run adb reboot download command)
    - (USB) Connect the phone to your computer
    - Make sure Repartition is NOT checked
    - Click the Start button
    - Wait for Android to boot
    - Done (if it took you more than 30 seconds, you need practise!)

NOTE: Sometimes the device does *not* boot into recovery mode and root your device. Just do the entire procedure again if this happens. If it still will not install root and such, make sure that in Odin "Auto Reboot" is not checked. Then after flashing, pull the battery, and boot with VolUp+Home+Power button to boot into recovery manually. This will start the install process.

New to Samsung? Unfamiliar with Odin? Think all the above is a hassle? Get used to it. It's very simple, and us Samsung folk use Odin (or Mobile ODIN ;)) for everything! It's so very very convenient once you get used to it. Notice the 30 second comment above? For experienced users, the entire process indeed takes only 30 seconds!

You may now optionally want to install and run Triangle Away to reset the flash counter.
    Download

SM-N900 (International Exynos): CF-Auto-Root-ha3g-ha3gxx-smn900.zip

SM-N9005 (International Qualcomm): CF-Auto-Root-hlte-hltexx-smn9005.zip
    (only works on 4.4 bootloaders, if you're still on 4.3 use the old version which you can find here: http://d-h.st/J32)

SM-N900T (T-Mobile US): CF-Auto-Root-hltetmo-hltetmo-smn900t.zip
    SM-N900P (Sprint): CF-Auto-Root-hltespr-hltespr-smn900p.zip
    SM-N900R4 (US Cellular): CF-Auto-Root-hlteusc-hlteusc-smn900r4.zip
    SM-N900W8 (Canadia): CF-Auto-Root-hltecan-hlteub-smn900w8.zip

SM-N900S (Korea): CF-Auto-Root-hlteskt-hlteskt-smn900s.zip

SM-N9002 (China): CF-Auto-Root-hlte-h3gduoszn-smn9002.zip
    SM-N9006 (China): CF-Auto-Root-hlte-h3gzc-smn9006.zip
    SM-N9008 (China): CF-Auto-Root-hlte-h3gzm-smn9008.zip
    SM-N9009 (China, untested): CF-Auto-Root-hlte-h3gduosctc-smn9009.zip

Untested versions: please let me know if they work!

Other models

T-Mobile US thread: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2467369
    Sprint thread: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2469904

CF-Auto-Root is not yet available for all carrier-specific Note3's. Link me to stock firmwares for these devices as they appear, and I might be able to make a device-specific CF-Auto-Root.
    Hi, since this is a rooting topic and in fact the very topic I used to root my phone I'd like to mention the following:

Rooting your phone in a way that sets the "knox warranty" flag will very probably void your warranty. I got told at a service center that this is the case in my country (the Netherlands), and I read the same from several people in other countries as well. In itself just a risk like many you take in life.

In my case I discovered an unpleasant multitouch defect in my Note 3 the next day which is still largely unknown and also might affect you. If you are planning to root your phone please try the following beforehand, it can do little harm.

PLEASE FOLLOW BELOW LINK TO THE ORIGINAL TOPIC AS IT IS UPDATED, CONTAINS VIDEOS AND A POLL:

Multitouch problems on Note 3 (Updated test procedure + videos)

Thanks! Happy rooting/modding...
    There's some weird stuff going on with the N9005 (and I assumme other models) bootloaders. It is unclear if these things are bugs that will be solved, or intentional.

For example, sometimes the bootloader will boot the device normally instead of recovery, even though you specific recovery. Sometimes it will actually boot recovery. This is strange. Also, it detects non-stock kernels, but doesn't re-detect stock ones. I'm still working on that. I've had two different bootloader revisions on my device already, and they behave slightly differently.

Stock recovery *is* restored by CF-Auto-Root, but the phone is not "noticing" and resetting the binary status.

Either way, if you guys can't behave and be nice to eachother, I have a banhammer right here that I'm not afraid to use.