AT&T 4.4.2 RUU Rom.zip Decrypted

Search This thread

clsA

Aug 28, 2010
Central Florida
Here's the Rom.zip I pulled from the AT&T 4.18.502.7 RUU

Encrypted version is Removed until i find another source (file was damaged, sorry for any inconvenience )

This will work if your s-off and your modelid: PN0712000 and CID: CWS__001
or you can EDIT the Android-info.txt to match your MID and CID
Decrypted version is here >> http://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=23329332407580500

Huge thanks to @nkk71 for decrypting the files ;)
And another Big thanks to @AndroidFileHost for the source RUU
RUU_M7_UL_K44_SENSE55_MR_Cingular_US_4.18.502.7_decrypted.ROM.zip

Instructions for flashing

If your s-on be sure the bootloader is locked

fastboot oem lock

Copy your downloaded file to your fastboot / adb folder
Rename the file Rom.zip
open a command prompt in the same folder (shift + right click - command prompt here )

adb reboot-bootloader

fastboot commands:

fastboot oem rebootRUU

wait for the Silver HTC logo

fastboot flash zip Rom.zip

the first time you issue a command to flash firmware/ruu in fastboot it only prepares the flash. You have to issue the exact command again:

most times the green status bar does not reach the 100% mark. So when the output in the command window is complete, you can reboot:

fastboot reboot

I find these files much easier to use than the RUU.exe and these can be flashed with a MAC or Linux ....Have Fun !!

Last edited:

Mr.Kakarot

May 28, 2010
Here's the Rom.zip I pulled from the AT&T 4.18.502.7 RUU

This will work if your s-on and your modelid: PN0712000 and CID: CWS__001
Encrypted version is here >> http://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=23329332407580207

This will work if you s-off and your modelid: PN0712000 and CID: CWS__001
or you can EDIT the Android-info.txt to match your MID and CID
Decrypted version is here >> http://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=23329332407580500

Huge thanks to @nkk71 for decrypting the files ;)
And another Big thanks to @AndroidFileHost for the source RUU
RUU_M7_UL_K44_SENSE55_MR_Cingular_US_4.18.502.7_decrypted.ROM.zip

Instructions for flashing

Copy your downloaded file to your fastboot / adb folder
Rename the file Rom.zip
open a command prompt in the same folder (shift + right click - command prompt here )

adb reboot-bootloader

fastboot commands:

fastboot oem rebootRUU

wait for the Silver HTC logo

the first time you issue a command to flash firmware/ruu in fastboot it only prepares the flash. You have to issue the exact command again:

most times the green status bar does not reach the 100% mark. So when the output in the command window is complete, you can reboot:

fastboot reboot

I find these files much easier to use than the RUU.exe and these can be flashed with a MAC or Linux ....Have Fun !!

thanks again, much appreciated! I will give it a few more minutes but I work at 6am!

gsxrfl1k6

Jan 27, 2012
Orlando
a little help please

I just put my One back to stock. S-on, relocked, tamper gone, etc When I try to update using the above method i get

C:\Android>fastboot flash zip Rom.zip
sending 'zip' (1519630 KB)...
FAILED (remote: 02 data length is too large)
finished. total time: 0.002s

any ideas? thank you!

clsA

Aug 28, 2010
Central Florida
I just put my One back to stock. S-on, relocked, tamper gone, etc When I try to update using the above method i get

C:\Android>fastboot flash zip Rom.zip
sending 'zip' (1519630 KB)...
FAILED (remote: 02 data length is too large)
finished. total time: 0.002s

any ideas? thank you!

I just tested it and had the same problem ...I'll update when I get the new file uploaded

clsA

Aug 28, 2010
Central Florida
I'm also having the same issue. Have you been able to figure out what is wrong?

Well near as I can tell the RUU did not originate from HTC, someone was able to create it and sign it same as HTC would. But the files behave differently than the "Real" HTC RUU. The only solution I found was to use the True HTC RUU from 3.xx.502.x and OTA to 4.xx.502.x to 5.xx.502.x. It requires s-off to flash the OTA's so it's not the perfect solution for everyone.

Sli2cooL

Dec 30, 2012
Barranquilla
HEllo, friend now i feel very dissapointed thus i was not able to update my phone is a htc one M7 7120 from AT$T running this useless firmware 1.26.502.12, im in Colombia myabe thats why the AT&T system update is not working and i tried to run that RUU 3.X.502... but it still giving me the ERROR 158, any idea how can i update this phone? Thank man hope u can answer me.

majmoz

Oct 18, 2010
Sonoita
HEllo, friend now i feel very dissapointed thus i was not able to update my phone is a htc one M7 7120 from AT$T running this useless firmware 1.26.502.12, im in Colombia myabe thats why the AT&T system update is not working and i tried to run that RUU 3.X.502... but it still giving me the ERROR 158, any idea how can i update this phone? Thank man hope u can answer me.
  • Is your bootloader locked/relocked?
  • Are you S-OFF or S-ON?
  • What is the CID?
  • Is this the RUU 3.17.502.3 that you are trying to run?
  • You will not get any AT&T updates if you are not on the AT&T network!
  • If you are not S-OFF, I would recommend obtaining S-OFF then rebrand your phone to the International (.401) variant. Then you could get the OTA updates and not worry about the AT&T network.

Sli2cooL

Dec 30, 2012
Barranquilla
  • Is your bootloader locked/relocked?
  • Are you S-OFF or S-ON?
  • What is the CID?
  • Is this the RUU 3.17.502.3 that you are trying to run?
  • You will not get any AT&T updates if you are not on the AT&T network!
  • If you are not S-OFF, I would recommend obtaining S-OFF then rebrand your phone to the International (.401) variant. Then you could get the OTA updates and not worry about the AT&T network.

Hello mate, thanks for the reply, now that you mention it sounds pretty interesting to rebrand to phone to int. variant, but... How do i ado that? Right now im running 4.18.502.7 Stock for AT&T, i would not liek to bother you so much but is there any way to do that i wouls appreciate the help.

Yes im S-OFF and yes im unlocked, TWRP tho, CWS__001, hboot 1.44.000000 and rooted.

Once again thanks for the help.

Last edited:

majmoz

Oct 18, 2010
Sonoita
Hello mate, thanks for the reply, now that you mention it sounds pretty interesting to rebrand to phone to int. variant, but... How do i ado that? Right now im running 4.18.502.7 Stock for AT&T, i would not liek to bother you so much but is there any way to do that i wouls appreciate the help.

Yes im S-OFF and yes im unlocked.

Once againm thans for the help.
Here is a outline of what you will need to do.
Here are the steps to re-branding your phone to Int'l:

Reactions: Sli2cooL

majmoz

Oct 18, 2010
Sonoita
Thansk for the reply mate is it neccesary to change the MID of the phone?
Also the hboot is it good at 1.44?
Only if it is different. I don't know your MID but if it is different from the Int'l MID then you will not be able to flash the firmware, RUU or OTAs.

Yes, it will change when you flash the firmware & RUU. I would keep a copy of it for future use.

Last edited:

majmoz

Oct 18, 2010
Sonoita
Ho danm , then i cannot get back to 7120? Anyways Int goes better i guess, no malfunction on LTE/4G?
You can go back; just do the same steps for AT&T. If you have LTE/4G now you will still have LTE/4G after this process does not change the bands that are hard coded into the phone. The radio in the software merely enhances the bands that are in the phone but can not replace them.

Sli2cooL

Dec 30, 2012
Barranquilla
You can go back; just do the same steps for AT&T. If you have LTE/4G now you will still have LTE/4G after this process does not change the bands that are hard coded into the phone. The radio in the software merely enhances the bands that are in the phone but can not replace them.

Okey buddy thansk again for the help ill be trying it tomorrow and ill be updating the process. :good:

Tourl

Apr 28, 2013
Sorry but when I type "fastboot flash zip Rom.zip" fastboot stops, Someone, can help me? :crying:
I'm S-ON
hboot 1.57
CID: CWS__001

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts