Motorola Fire XT (XT530)

Search This thread

arkfirext

Nov 2, 2011
Please post any info on Motorola Fire XT (XT530) in this thread.

There is very little information available on this device and there is no forum support also. Please share your experiences on using this device and also about possibilities for rooting, custom ROM, etc.

arkfirext

Nov 2, 2011
Motorola Fire XT (XT530) Software upgrade to version 2.3.5

I have upgraded the software of my XT530 device to the version 2.3.5 via the motorola software upgrade tool available at www.motorola.com/update

I currently don't see any improvements including bug fixes or feature changes for this upgrade. If anyone has more info on this, please share.

Attachments

• device-2011-12-25-170306.png
    device-2011-12-25-170306.png
    18.6 KB · Views: 1,868
Last edited:

someoneyours

Sep 19, 2009
Hi,
I have also updated my Fire XT 530 using software update tool to 2.3.5.
In my view there is improvement in the battery part... rest i haven't found anything new.

ersinism

Jan 10, 2012
size is not matter but battery is everything

Yes, I have also observed substantial improvement in battery life as I am able extend usage for more than 2 days.

Hey guys,

I am planning to buy this model but I need a strong push I guess :) Could you tell me how long does the battery last before O.S update. (In other forums some people said 12 hrs with 2G only which is awful, I wonder if it is as that bad actually).

Moreover, I am planing to buy it from ebay which claims it is unlocked, but it is not clear if the phone is factory or seller unlocked. I mean if I update the O.S of unlocked phone is it gonna be locked to a specific carrier again. What about rooting? Is it matter for rooting as well?

Thanks

arkfirext

Nov 2, 2011
ersinism,

Before 2.3.5 update, I used to get battery backup for more than 24h with lot of Edge/WiFi access and some games.
Now I am able to stretch it for 2 days and the overall response has also improved.

Reactions: ersinism

mayur19011985

Nov 13, 2011
mumbai
software update

Hi i have already rooted my phone motorola fire xt 530. now i want to upgrade the software update. Is it possible to update without unrooting phone
plz tell me about that

Jundstars

Nov 15, 2011
ROM

You guys think is reasonable to expect a CUstom ROM for XT530?

I really want to overclock my phone to 1Ghz. Is that possible without a custom ROM?

Reactions: singh_jsm

mayur19011985

Nov 13, 2011
mumbai
motorola fire xt 530 flash light as a torch

HI
In my motorola fire xt 530 i installed all the torch application which is available in the market. But it can't support to this device. Is there any different method available to use led flash light as a torch . If any know about it plz reply as soon as possible??????????????

And also i have done the rooting using
[Resolved] Motorola Fire XT / XT-530 / XT-531 ROOTING! -it is succecfully working

Reactions: mozotrembler

hydrolynx

Jan 25, 2008
Upgraded Fire XT530 Failed to boot

Tried to upgraded it via Motorola Software update, my phone failed to boot, always shows the M logo, again and again then it off by itself, anybody encountered same problem after upgrading it via Software Updater? Thanks.

singh_jsm

Feb 6, 2012
hey every one

If you find the silicone cover for motorola fire xt530 in any were please share the link to buy.....

babudinesh

Feb 11, 2012
Chennai
Tried to upgraded it via Motorola Software update, my phone failed to boot, always shows the M logo, again and again then it off by itself, anybody encountered same problem after upgrading it via Software Updater? Thanks.
Hi... I believe I also encountered this same problem.. I installed the software upgrade tool when my phone is connected to my PC via USB. So it didnt prompt me to upgrade the software, it went automatically to FTM mode.

During process I disconnected the cable and pressed power+volume up buttons to make my device up. Then its fine. Also have done a factory reset just to make sure any cache might have dumped my internal storage (Just for safety) ...

mayur19011985

Nov 13, 2011
mumbai
update software

plese help me to update software
I had rooted my phone
how to update software
what to do ?
i have to unroot first then update software
or i can update software without unrooting
is there anyone on these forum who updated software without unrooting

sid5291

Nov 7, 2011
Raleigh, NC
plese help me to update software
I had rooted my phone
how to update software
what to do ?
i have to unroot first then update software
or i can update software without unrooting
is there anyone on these forum who updated software without unrooting

I updated with out unrooting my phone it was fine ! You will lose root and all data so u will have to root again using the same procedure as before..

Sent from my XT530 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts