Search This thread

godfrey2000

Dec 6, 2008
Ashdod
CM9

first of all thank you guys for bringing ICS on my Galaxy S2. I want to share some impressions and wish you to succeed in your hard work.
1)I can definitly use this rom on daily basis
2)The ROM works smooth but sometimes it's struggle a little in app menu open
3)I dont really understand whats going on with big apps installation problem from market...this is my problem and i will google it.
4)The video doesnt work for me,i'm getting FC when i try to film video..
5)Battery life is much better with modem you included in download section..

thats all for now :) Thank you very much and happy holidays..

neo2006pf

Aug 7, 2010
I installed the latest build right after it was posted and I did not see one single bug that could prevent me from using it as daily driver. It's amazing. I love CM9.

T

taz89

am on cm9...enjoying it but i dont want to use it until the main bugs are ironed out...can i just go back and install a gingerbread rom through CWM like normal or do i need to do something diiferent to go back to an older firmware.

Vaedryn

May 12, 2010
You can go back with backup restore if you have a backup , or flash a older FW ,the recovery is no problem

Cyanogen Mod 9 Tapatalk

Last edited:

Longun

Apr 1, 2011
Forest of Dean
Yep I'm switching between cm9 alpha and cm7 nighlies using backup restore in cwm without any problems.

As titanium restores our out of the question what are others using to restore apps? I'm not interested in app data just the app. Market doesn't seem to show all my apps when I boot on cm9.

tower5

External SD

/mnt/extsdcard

Sent from my Galaxy S II using Tapatalk

First of all , thanks to all the devs for this hard job, I'm not used to change often my ROM but I feel that this release seems really to be very interesting
I need to use the phone for work and for this I need to able to access easily to the extSD memory to copy , export and import files

I'm really sorry to ask , but after having double checked all the posts I'm still not able to understand how to let be "visible and usable" the ext microSD ( in my case 32 Gb) ; could you pls help me to understand how to use this answer " mnt/extsdcard" ??
thanks in advance of any answer

jhernand1102

Sep 11, 2007
SF Bay Area
Yep I'm switching between cm9 alpha and cm7 nighlies using backup restore in cwm without any problems.

As titanium restores our out of the question what are others using to restore apps? I'm not interested in app data just the app. Market doesn't seem to show all my apps when I boot on cm9.

You can use titanium backup to restore app only just make sure to change to install to internal sd in the preferences menu.

Reactions: Longun

buzzboy

Oct 29, 2010
Canterbury

You can restore with titanium, but you have to go into
1)titanium prefrences- 2)Restore Backups to-3) Internal.
Also double check you have usb debugging switched on in Settings-Developer options.
Hope it helps.

Regards

agrifoni

Feb 15, 2011
Florence
Can I flash directly the zip in the first page if I'm coming from a CheckRom v4 with its own CWM?

Or do I have to flash another CWM first?

punshkin

Jan 6, 2010
wow this is awesome! thank you team hacksung
i have two questions though.

1) Is it likely that i will be able to restore App+Data from titanium somewhen in the future or is it a general NoNo from GB to ICS?

2) Is it likely that team Cyanogenmod will enable Facebook Contact Synch in CM9? i really miss it

astrakid

Nov 28, 2008
Ruhrgebiet
Let me ask one question, because cm9 runs fine but is getting hot: does flashing the latest modem have an impact to my cm7 when restoring it? Or is the modem part of the backup?

regards, astrakid

Sent from my GT-I9100 using XDA App

sahibunlimited

Jul 13, 2011
Nagpur
As this rom have missing video codecs asphalt 6 starts and says "Sorry,This Video Cannot be played"
I have only tested asphalt 6

Oh and i m having a error in CWM recovery
When i select Mount USB storage it says "E:Unable to open ums lunfile (No such file or directory)

BTW i downloaded the MTP drivers from Android SDK but they don't install from device manager

Top Liked Posts