[MOD][SCRIPT] Auto SMS-MMS Enabler for Tablets (Any ROM!)

Search This thread

Mjamocha

Jul 2, 2010
Running pretty fine here :) , u have to download gosms pro application or something like that for sms to work ...im running EOS 1.0.0 ICS

Yeah, I did. Did you get any error on? Which script did you run, list your steps, I will retry. Turned 4G off ... Nada

---------- Post added at 08:09 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:07 AM ----------

Im using EOS 1.0.0 ICS with my MZ601.
I generated the new SmSframework-res.apk,and pushed it as framework-res.apk
There is no stock sms application so i installed Gosms pro from market, and the sms feature works pretty fine with it :D

however my original framework-res.apk was 7.98 MB in file size, whereas the new generated Smsframework-res.apk is 4.46 MB :confused:
Why is this difference in file size ?? Is anything stripped from the framework-res ?

Did you pull your original framework out completely, then ran Launch?

sandipbarik

Mar 24, 2010
Yeah, I did. Did you get any error on? Which script did you run, list your steps, I will retry. Turned 4G off ... Nada

---------- Post added at 08:09 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:07 AM ----------

i copied my framework to my sd card using root explorer, then coped it to my pc using data cable.
Then i copied it to the SmSEnabler-Windows-V1_1 folder and ran the batch file, which generated the smsframework, then renamed it to "framework-res.apk" and tried pushing it with adb push command but i got an error that it cannot copy blah blah.

i opened the system/framework folder in root explorer and made it RW (as it was read only previously which didnt let me push the file)

Then again i pushed with adb and it copied fine. Restarted xoom, Installed gosms pro, and voila :) everything works as it should....i wish someone enables voice call now :D

Last edited:
Reactions: 404test

Mjamocha

Jul 2, 2010
4G

i copied my framework to my sd card using root explorer, then coped it to my pc using data cable.
Then i copied it to the SmSEnabler-Windows-V1_1 folder and ran the batch file, which generated the smsframework, then renamed it to "framework-res.apk" and tried pushing it with adb push command but i got an error that it cannot copy blah blah.

i opened the system/framework folder in root explorer and made it RW (as it was read only previously which didnt let me push the file)

Then again i pushed with adb and it copied fine. Restarted xoom, Installed gosms pro, and voila :) everything works as it should....i wish someone enables voice call now :D

Glad it worked for you, went to GO sms, tried to send an Sms to my other device ... it does not say Undeliverable ... but have not received the SMS .

Last edited:

404test

There is no stock sms application so i installed Gosms pro from market, and the sms feature works pretty fine with it :D

however my original framework-res.apk was 7.98 MB in file size, whereas the new generated Smsframework-res.apk is 4.46 MB :confused:
Why is this difference in file size ?? Is anything stripped from the framework-res ?

Nothing is stripped, it's smaller because its compressed ^^ (and normally it isn't)

Reactions: sandipbarik

MoOnBoY

Nov 16, 2008
I installed GoSMS Pro through their website, because market do not allow me to.

Its working fine! Thanks!

MR0808

Sep 13, 2010
Melbourne
I just this with the noob one and now my Xoom won't load and I can't get it into recovery. I have a MZ601 running EOS 1.0.0!

Edit: Nevermind, I got it working

Last edited:

Mjamocha

Jul 2, 2010
Running pretty fine here :) , u have to download gosms pro application or something like that for sms to work ...im running EOS 1.0.0 ICS

But you are not running it on a Xoom 4G LTE - I don't think it works with this version.

---------- Post added at 08:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:06 PM ----------

:eek: I am so disappointed .... I really wanted this to work! Oh well, DEV your work is awesome never the less!

---------- Post added at 08:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:15 PM ----------

I am sooo disappointed ... I really wanted this to work for me -

I does not work with 4G LTE Xoom - so I think you may be right about SMS-MMS Enabler for Any ROM, yes, But not any Tablet Model. Clearly it does not Play nice with the 4G Xoom, So, it's my device .... yes I'll take that hit! LOL However it does remove some blockage but the device it's self I don't think there is a get around for that. Thanks anyway, good script though.

Reactions: 404test

Didact74

Sep 2, 2010
Lake Shore, MD
But you are not running it on a Xoom 4G LTE - I don't think it works with this version.

---------- Post added at 08:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:06 PM ----------

:eek: I am so disappointed .... I really wanted this to work! Oh well, DEV your work is awesome never the less!

---------- Post added at 08:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:15 PM ----------

I does not work with 4G LTE Xoom - so I think you may be right about SMS-MMS Enabler for Any ROM, yes, But not any Tablet Model. Clearly it does not Play nice with the 4G Xoom, So, it's my device .... yes I'll take that hit! LOL However it does remove some blockage but the device it's self I don't think there is a get around for that. Thanks anyway, good script though.

Correct, thats what I was trying to say earlier...sort of :). Anyway it will not work with the US models from everything I have seen in the past. Several people have tried to get MMS working with the US Xoom and no one has successfully done it yet.

404test

Isn't the carriers in the US that block SMS etc?
Basically it can't not work, it just sets the sms_enabled option to true.

It SHOULD work :p send me a framework so i can look at it, maybe it has other options that need to be enabled on CMDA devices

Last edited by a moderator:

Mjamocha

Jul 2, 2010

It SHOULD work :p send me a framework so i can look at it, maybe it has other options that need to be enabled on CMDA devices

Ok, I'll attach the framework in a lil. Thanks for listening -

I talked to MOTOROLA - They said that the 3G/4G Xoom is wired to send and receive SMS-MMS messages, so It has to be a software issue. VZ states that, they are not equipped to get SMS going through The "Xoom" Tablet. (Un-huh ...likely story) So With that being said .... there is HOPE!
smile.gif
Just gotta find a Tech that can get it going.

Last edited:

Mjamocha

Jul 2, 2010
4G LTE Framework-res

Here ya go!

Last edited:

Mjamocha

Jul 2, 2010
Correct, thats what I was trying to say earlier...sort of :). Anyway it will not work with the US models from everything I have seen in the past. Several people have tried to get MMS working with the US Xoom and no one has successfully done it yet.

Yeah it is a CDMA issue - I talked to MOTOROLA - They said that the 3G/4G Xoom is wired to send and receive SMS-MMS messages, so It has to be a software/CDMA /VZCDMA LTE thing. But I have a feeling that the proper Know-how could get it going. It's not impossible because it works on other 4G tabs.

Last edited:

oldmacnut

Jul 12, 2010
Verizon told me my device is blocked from being able to send/receive SMS/mms on the xoom. I had a galaxy tab with a text plan and when I upgraded last month, they had to take texting off.

Story goes....
Honeycomb couldn't/didn't do/handle/had software to do texting. So the tards at the big V decided us nerds couldn't finger it out ourselves.

I played stupid, told them my xoom came with ics on it (bought a refurbed unit) they put me through to Motorola, moto asked for my ein, told me I must have received a "test" unit, gave me a number to call for any tech support, Verizon accepted this, and still can't remove the block till ics is released by them.

Oh, the girl at vzw tech, she called my tablet number on accident, not my phone, my xoom rang, and i ...well I answered it. Was weird.

Moral of the story, SMS,mms is possible, and locked currently by Verizon, but looks to be, well sounds like when ics is released, we get that feature back.

I always seem to get the tech agents.....that aren't suppose to tell the customers certain things I guess.

Sent from my Xoom using xda premium

404test

There is no special extra settings on CDMA devices, it is indeed the carrier that's blocking it.
You can do 2 things:
- Wait until carrier allows it
- Move to a better country :p

That's about it :p (also why don't you try your normal phone's SIM, that should do it)
Code:
<bool name="action_bar_embed_tabs">false</bool> 
<bool name="split_action_bar_is_narrow">true</bool> 
<bool name="preferences_prefer_dual_pane">false</bool> 
<bool name="show_ongoing_ime_switcher">true</bool> 
<bool name="action_bar_expanded_action_views_exclusive">true</bool> 
<bool name="target_honeycomb_needs_options_menu">true</bool> 
<bool name="config_sf_limitedAlpha">false</bool> 
<bool name="ImsConnectedDefaultValue">false</bool> 
<bool name="config_sf_slowBlur">true</bool> 
<bool name="config_ui_enableFadingMarquee">true</bool> 
<bool name="config_closeDialogWhenTouchOutside">true</bool> 
<bool name="config_wifi_dual_band_support">true</bool> 
<bool name="config_wifi_p2p_support">false</bool> 
<bool name="config_wifi_background_scan_support">true</bool> 
<bool name="config_bypass_keyguard_if_slider_open">true</bool> 
<bool name="config_automatic_brightness_available">true</bool> 
<bool name="config_annoy_dianne">true</bool> 
<bool name="config_unplugTurnsOnScreen">false</bool> 
<bool name="config_animateScreenLights">true</bool>
<bool name="config_allowAllRotations">false</bool> 
<bool name="config_reverseDefaultRotation">false</bool> 
<bool name="config_deskDockEnablesAccelerometer">false</bool> 
<bool name="config_carDockEnablesAccelerometer">true</bool>
<bool name="config_batterySdCardAccessibility">false</bool> 
<bool name="config_use_strict_phone_number_comparation">false</bool> 
<bool name="config_intrusiveNotificationLed">true</bool> 
<bool name="config_disableMenuKeyInLockScreen">false</bool>
<bool name="config_enableLockBeforeUnlockScreen">false</bool> 
<bool name="config_enableLockScreenRotation">false</bool> 
<bool name="config_enable_puk_unlock_screen">true</bool> 
<bool name="config_enable_emergency_call_while_sim_locked">true</bool> 
<bool name="config_swipeDisambiguation">true</bool> 
<bool name="config_bluetooth_sco_off_call">true</bool> 
<bool name="config_bluetooth_wide_band_speech">true</bool> 
<bool name="config_bluetooth_adapter_quick_switch">true</bool> 
<bool name="config_voice_capable">false</bool> 
[B]<bool name="config_sms_capable">false</bool>  -> This is changed by my script[/B]
<bool name="config_sip_wifi_only">false</bool> 
<bool name="config_built_in_sip_phone">true</bool> 
<bool name="skip_restoring_network_selection">false</bool>
<bool name="config_showMenuShortcutsWhenKeyboardPresent">false</bool> <bool name="config_telephony_use_own_number_for_voicemail">false</bool> <bool name="config_sms_utf8_support">false</bool> 
<bool name="config_mms_content_disposition_support">true</bool> 
<bool name="config_alwaysUseCdmaRssi">false</bool> 
<bool name="config_duplicate_port_omadm_wappush">false</bool> 
<bool name="config_showNavigationBar">false</bool> 
<bool name="config_actionMenuItemAllCaps">true</bool> 
<bool name="config_allowActionMenuItemTextWithIcon">false</bool> 
<bool name="config_wimaxEnabled">false</bool> 
<bool name="config_hideMobileSignalOnWifi">true</bool> 
<bool name="config_utmsEverestRadio">false</bool> 
<bool name="lockscreen_isPortrait">true</bool>

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: midknight2k

Mjamocha

Jul 2, 2010
It's not impossible because it works on other 4G tabs (not sure how), and other Xooms that are foreign because those are GSM not CDMA. We are all aware of using our phones to sync the SMS, (I have used it),but that is not the point here. The point here was to test this script on our devices. I think we (SMS script testers with 4G CDMA), really just wanted to see what would happen and have a lil hope! With that being said, I did read and talk to a friend of mine at MOTO - and said this buggy will be resolved in a release. Hinting, that is one reason why ICS had not yet been released for the 3G/4G US Xoom. That's hear-say, but I'd always had a feeling that's why we are OTA ICS free. That's a whole 'nother discuss for a diff forum LOL. :D Your Better Country joke, (I thought it was a funny, but others may be all pizzy about that. he he he :rolleyes:) Once again Thanks, the script is still awesome for those that use it! Keep up the good work bro - I bid you adieu ...

Last edited:

404test

It's not impossible because it works on other 4G tabs mainly because the foreign Xooms are GMS not CDMA. We are all aware of using our phones to sync the SMS, (I have used it),but that is not the point here. The point here was to test this script on our devices. I think we (SMS script testers with 4G CDMA), really just wanted to see what would happen and have a lil hope! With that being said, I did read and talk to some a friend of mine at MOTO Techs - and said this buggy will be resolved in a release. Hinting, this is one reason why ICS was not yet released for the 3G/4G US Xoom. That's hear-say, but I'd always had a feeling that's why we are OTA ICS free. This is a whole 'nother discuss for a diff forum LOL Your Better Country joke, (I thought it was a funny, but others may be all pizzy about that. he he he) Once again Thanks, the script is still awesome for those that use it! Keep up the good work bro -

Oh well then when they fix it, you'll have it ^^. I've no idea what the bug might be on CDMA devices, but it must be difficult to solve :p

Reactions: Mjamocha

tipoo

Feb 5, 2010
Left it over night for mobile network service activation but couldn't get any luck. Still got the massage unable to find mobile network when sending text from go SMS pro

Sent from my Xoom using xda premium

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    404test
    Hey guys

As you might know, many people want to enable SMS & MMS on their tablet.
    Unfortunately, until now someone needed to manually edit your framework-res.apk

But not anymore!
    I made a script that will do it automatically on any framework!

3 Steps for noobs (fully-automatic version):
    1) Download it (v1.2 for noobs)
    2) Connect your device to pc (usb-debugging enabled)
    3) Extract and run LAUNCH THIS

4 Steps for smart people (semi-automatic version):

1) Download it (v1.2)
    2) Extract & put YOUR framework-res.apk in the same folder
    3) Run LAUNCH THIS
    4) Push the SmSframework-res.apk to your device (don't ask how, i will also make a version for really noobish people, which will pull and push your framework automatically)

-----------------
    CHANGELOG:
    2012-03-02: Made script more clear to understand, added auto-reboot on noob version
    -----------------
    NOTICE:
    Dear noob-version users, currently the script does not mount the system partition automatically as R/W, if you got such an error, please use Root explorer to mount the system as R/W
    P.S. Dear Americans, most carriers block SMS in the US
    It's not impossible because it works on other 4G tabs (not sure how), and other Xooms that are foreign because those are GSM not CDMA. We are all aware of using our phones to sync the SMS, (I have used it),but that is not the point here. The point here was to test this script on our devices. I think we (SMS script testers with 4G CDMA), really just wanted to see what would happen and have a lil hope! With that being said, I did read and talk to a friend of mine at MOTO - and said this buggy will be resolved in a release. Hinting, that is one reason why ICS had not yet been released for the 3G/4G US Xoom. That's hear-say, but I'd always had a feeling that's why we are OTA ICS free. That's a whole 'nother discuss for a diff forum LOL. :D Your Better Country joke, (I thought it was a funny, but others may be all pizzy about that. he he he :rolleyes:) Once again Thanks, the script is still awesome for those that use it! Keep up the good work bro - I bid you adieu ...

404test

Nothing is stripped, it's smaller because its compressed ^^ (and normally it isn't)