[Q] Second thoughts after flashing CM11 on Note3

Search This thread

trollfluga

Jan 11, 2014
Figure this...

I rooted my Note3 and happily installed CyanogenMod11 nightly (KK4.4.2). All fine and very happy, but I miss the S Pen features and apps.

How would it be possible to get S Pen features back, but remain on CM11?

radicalisto

Nov 13, 2013
York
Figure this...

I rooted my Note3 and happily installed CyanogenMod11 nightly (KK4.4.2). All fine and very happy, but I miss the S Pen features and apps.

You cannot get all the features back however you can try

GMD SPen control, as it has some SPen functions, used it myself without issue.

Reactions: trollfluga

trollfluga

Jan 11, 2014

GMD SPen control, as it has some S-Pen functions, used it myself without issue.

Hmmm... GMD looks promising. Thanks alot. But... does your answer also mean I can forget about re-flashing S-Pen API separately somehow, and re-flashing the original S-Pen apps? Is that a totally stupid idea?

I know some of you readers will think "well, why did you root and flash another rom from the begining, if you liked it before?". Well it was originally full of bloat - we all know that - and the only thing worthy was the S-Pen features and the pen itself.

Anyone tried?

Thanks again.

radicalisto

Nov 13, 2013
York
Hmmm... GMD looks promising. Thanks alot. But... does your answer also mean I can forget about re-flashing S-Pen API separately somehow, and re-flashing the original S-Pen apps? Is that a totally stupid idea?

I know some of you readers will think "well, why did you root and flash another rom from the begining, if you liked it before?". Well it was originally full of bloat - we all know that - and the only thing worthy was the S-Pen features and the pen itself.

Anyone tried?

Thanks again.

Yeah you can't flash SPen stuff due to it being dependent on the TouchWiz framework.

Reactions: trollfluga

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Figure this...

GMD SPen control, as it has some SPen functions, used it myself without issue.

Anyone tried?

Thanks again.

Yeah you can't flash SPen stuff due to it being dependent on the TouchWiz framework.
    right...LMT !
    i use it for pie only, but it features gestures control and invisible swipe areas too.