Bricked?

Search This thread

bigdaddytyty

Sep 15, 2012
Roy
Last night when I was getting ready for bed my Nexus died and I didn't think nothing of it so I continued to get ready and eventually put it on a charger. Oh, I guess I should say it's rooted with a custom ROM (Stockified 4.4.2), Custom Franco.kernel r203, xposed framework tweaks and whatnot, the works! Anyways.. Nothing happened! It won't turn on, it won't receive a charge, no nothing! I've narrowed it down to either being bricked or the charging port suddenly stopped working. I have no idea, I was hoping that someone could gimme an idea of what's going on and hopefully some instructions to get my n4 back up and running. Any help is much appreciated! Thanks in advance.

Last edited:

jrosetto

May 18, 2012
Clearwater
Last night when I was getting ready for bed my Nexus died and I didn't think nothing of it so I continued to get ready and eventually put it on a charger. Oh, I guess I should say it's rooted with a custom ROM (Stockified 4.4.2), Custom Franco.kernel r203, xposed framework tweaks and whatnot, the works! Anyways.. Nothing happened! It won't turn on, it won't receive a charge, no nothing! I've narrowed it down to either being bricked or the charging port suddenly stopped working. I have no idea, I was hoping that someone could gimme an idea of what's going on and hopefully some instructions to get my n4 back up and running. Any help is much appreciated! Thanks in advance.

Does the notification light come on when you plug in the charger?

RASTAVIPER

May 2, 2011
Try another charger.
Also, if you own a wireless charger, try with this also.

Unleashed by my Nexus 4

sinndissension

Sep 6, 2013
Have you tried leaving it on the charger overnight?

Can you boot into fastboot/recovery?

Will it show up on a computer if you connect it?