[Help]Google Maps Bugs

Search This thread

rdmay20

Feb 23, 2010
Has anyone had issues with google maps lately? It will freeze and or close out on its own, both my girlfriend and I are having the same problem.
Using T-mobile s3 full stock rom, never rooted.
Thank you for any help!

rdmay20

Feb 23, 2010
Android- 4.3
Build- JSS15J.T999UVUENC2

I will let you know how it goes after wiping maps data and uninstalling updates, then reinstalling. need to test it out

Thank you !

DocHoliday77

May 10, 2011
HuntsVegas!!!
You could try factory resetting, but this will wipe all your apps and data, including your internal sd card. Not being rooted makes backing up anything other than the sd pretty much impossible though so you'd have to reinstall and setup everything from scratch.
Its possible it could be an issue with the app itself, but ive not heard anything else about it so I cant say how likely this is.

Only ither option I can think of is to make sure auto update apps is off in the play store, then uninstall the maps update and try running the older version.

rdmay20

Feb 23, 2010
alright thank you, I think im going to go ahead and root it and put a custom rom

rdmay20

Feb 23, 2010
You could try factory resetting, but this will wipe all your apps and data, including your internal sd card. Not being rooted makes backing up anything other than the sd pretty much impossible though so you'd have to reinstall and setup everything from scratch.
Its possible it could be an issue with the app itself, but ive not heard anything else about it so I cant say how likely this is.

Only ither option I can think of is to make sure auto update apps is off in the play store, then uninstall the maps update and try running the older version.

So I rooted my phone and installed the SlimKat rom and still have the same problem, it seems after about 40 minutes of navigation Maps just closes out, no errors

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    So I rooted my phone and installed the SlimKat rom and still have the same problem, it seems after about 40 minutes of navigation Maps just closes out, no errors

It's an issue with Maps. It has been happening since 8.0 on my Nexus 5 and 7, wife's S3, buddy's Nexus 4 and 7, and his dad's HTC One (M8).