[Theme] 3/28/11 Blackened MM/ZipThemer/ThemeChooser

Search This thread

CondemnedSoul

Retired Recognized Developer
Apr 19, 2010
Phoenix, AZ
Blackened by TazzPatriot for Theme Chooser is here . Simply download the apk, Install as an app, open Theme Chooser, Select Blackened and reboot. There are still a few things I know need to be addressed such as the green on/off indicators in the pull down power widget and a few of the app icons are not changing. I am looking into these things as well as some others and also adding the theming for the genie widget for the next update. If anyone comes across anything else that needs to be addressed please let me know. Also if there's any other suggestions or requests I can look into for you. I'm planning on making some other add-ons and options to go with this theme one being adding another option for one of user7618's black and red keyboard that I think goes great with this theme :)

Note: When you apply the theme you may get an error saying there are assets missing for this device... Just hit apply anyway ;)

All credit for the theme goes to Tazz. It's his theme I just put it into Theme Chooser. The wallpaper was done by workshed. The keyboard is from macrodroid. I did a few changes and additions as well.

Theme Chooser does not support lockscreen theming so I made a couple of additional files you can apply with metamorph or ZipThemer. I personally prefer ZipThemer but it's up to you. Either app is free in the market .

Anyone having problems with Theme Chooser displaying themes I've put together a zip you can flash from recovery to bring your themes back :)

Theme Chooser Fix

Blackened V3.7 - Added some more theming to Go Launcher, added "Harvester of Sorrow" and "One" ringtones. Last update for a little bit while I update my Cyan theme with a few things :)

Blackened V3.71 - Same as V3.7 but with no keyboard theme in case you want to use a different keyboard. If you like the red keyboard use V3.7 :D

Blackened V3.8 - Same as V3.7 with Speedometer battery icon reading 1% increments.

Blackened V3.81 - Same as V3.8 with no keyboard theming

Iron Cross lockscreen with more red highlights including lockpatterns

Skulls lockscreen with more red highlights including lock patterns

Here is the Iron Cross Sliders

Here are the Skull Sliders

Uploading for testing but still a WIP
Following are Blackened Themes for GB and Froyo that can be installed with MM or ZipThemer. As stated previously I prefer ZipThemer but it's up to you which you use :D Remember to make a nand backup before doing either!

Blackened GB

Blackened Froyo

Enjoy!

I will post updates as I fix the things that need to be changed and get some other additions put into the theme as well :D

The following Launchers are themed in this apk. ADW as shown in screenshot 1. Go Launcher as shown in screenshot 2. LauncherPro as shown in screenshot 3.

5542776707_90e1762a37.jpg
5543355640_8a90bd362f.jpg
5542776653_b90ec91d12.jpg
5542776727_6518d6e59c.jpg
5542776737_4ed03ea998.jpg
5533151883_d17077835c.jpg

Last edited:

CondemnedSoul

Apr 19, 2010
Phoenix, AZ
Not *****ing but that red keyboard is hard to see during the day!!

Sent from my DROIDX using XDA App

Yeah... I was thinking that today myself. I'm planning on adding some things to go with this theme and one is a black keyboard with red letters by user7618. It's a sweet looking keyboard and I think it will go well with this theme. Hope to get that setup soon ;) ..... so quit *****ing :rolleyes::eek: lmao

user7618

Jul 26, 2010
Indianapolis
Yeah... I was thinking that today myself. I'm planning on adding some things to go with this theme and one is a black keyboard with red letters by user7618. It's a sweet looking keyboard and I think it will go well with this theme. Hope to get that setup soon ;) ..... so quit *****ing :rolleyes::eek: lmao

Ha! Though, truth to tell, the minimal red board is hard to read in the daylight. My suggestion? Don't go out during the day.

-----
Sent from my CDMA Hero. I got some hot Gingerbread-on-Hero action here!

zanywood

Dec 18, 2010
decatur
Yeah day sucks. Im going to try this other keyboard on users thread. Maybe purple uckk! !

CondemnedSoul

Apr 19, 2010
Phoenix, AZ
Yeah day sucks. Im going to try this other keyboard on users thread. Maybe purple uckk! !

I'll have to modify the theme chooser apk before flashing another keyboard will do you any good lol. I'll post a version without the keyboard theming when I get home tonight :) lol

Sent from my Ginger Tazz using XDA App

zanywood

Dec 18, 2010
decatur
I downloaded a different keyboard but like you said it wont work but the red is much brighter now for some odd reason!!

CondemnedSoul

Apr 19, 2010
Phoenix, AZ
The keyboard is themed along with everything else on this theme lol. That is strange its brighter though.... when I get home I'll do a quick rebuild of the theme without the keyboard theming though and post it. Should be up in a couple of hours.

zanywood

Dec 18, 2010
decatur
Downloaded latest aosp gb 3/22 same problem I lost blackened. Tried reinstall still wont show up in theme Chooser.

Sent from my HTC Hero CDMA using XDA App

CondemnedSoul

Apr 19, 2010
Phoenix, AZ
Downloaded latest aosp gb 3/22 same problem I lost blackened. Tried reinstall still wont show up in theme Chooser.

I don't understand why... I'm going to look into that in a little bit though. If you know how to use the sdk maybe try pulling the apk from data/app and pushing it to systyem/app. Maybe Theme Chooser is setup different in the newer nightlies and the apk needs to be in the system folders instead?

CondemnedSoul

Apr 19, 2010
Phoenix, AZ
Ok.. I'm going to be flashing a ROM update soon that was released today that I believe should be the same nightly as you guys are on now so I'll be able to see if Theme Chooser is messed up or if the settings have changed and the themes need to be in system/app. Or at least hopefully get a feel for what is going on lol. I'll still post this here for now too... This is Blackened V2.5.... It's the same as V2 but I removed the keyboard theme for those that want to use a different keyboard :D

Blackened V2.5

zanywood

Dec 18, 2010
decatur
Nice job on blanking the keyboard! I still running this im scared to change anything afraid ill lose it!!

CondemnedSoul

Apr 19, 2010
Phoenix, AZ
Not sure what the problem is yet. All I see in theme choose ate the stock themes however blackened is still enabled and in theme chooser its says blackened is current but its not there :confused: it says at the top also that I have 11 themes but only lists 5.

CondemnedSoul

Apr 19, 2010
Phoenix, AZ
I'm going to throw together a mm or zipthemer version of this and my other themes when I get home tonight untilled I figure out what is going on with theme chooser.

zanywood

Dec 18, 2010
decatur
Yeah I think aosp deleted something in theme area! To conserve space!