List of ROM's / RECOVERIES / RADIOS / TWEAKS-- for the Droid RAZR and RAZR MAXX

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

POQbum

Jan 18, 2011
This 1st post here will list all available CUSTOM ROM's for the (GSM) RAZR, (CDMA) RAZR, and (CDMA) RAZR MAXX.

The 2nd post will categorize and list other modifications/tweaks/recovieries/radio's and more.

* Please note that software labeled for GSM and software labeled for CDMA will ONLY work with their respective phone-types.
* Verizon RAZR and RAZR MAXX use the same software/ROMs and are both CDMA.

STOCK ROM's are not included in this post. For OFFICIAL Motorola released ROM's, please check this post:
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1362956

My goal is to list all available ROM's for this phone. Some that are on this list are not listed on XDA for whatever reason. I always perfer XDA links over other sites, but when a ROM is exclusively listed on another site, I will still be linking and listing those ROM's here as well so you don't have to fish around all over the net for ROMs.

---- ICE CREAM SANDWICH ROM's ----
**ICS (Android 4.0.x) is the latest version of Android, but are not official releases and may be buggy.
CDMA PHONES ONLY - These will only work on Verizon phones
GSM PHONES ONLY - These will only work with phones that are NOT on Verizon.

---- GINGERBREAD ROM's ----
**Gingerbread (Android 2.3.x) is the latest official Android release for our phones.
CDMA PHONES ONLY - These will only work on Verizon phones
GSM PHONES ONLY - These will only work with phones that are NOT on Verizon.

If you think I should add something to either list, please post a reply on this thread or PM me with the LINK, thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:

POQbum

Jan 18, 2011
List of mods

RADIO Related

CDMA
- no options yet.

GSM
- UPGRADING RADIO

RECOVERIES
- these programs will allow you to easily flash new roms and software to your phones and allow you to make and restore backups.

CDMA
- Safestrap for RAZR

GSM
- none specific to GSM only, use ones in both section.

BOTH
- CWM Touch Recovery
- RAZR Bootstrap Recovery

Modifications and Other Tweaks

CDMA
- none specific to CDMA only, use ones in both section.

GSM
- Notification Bar Power Controls (flashable .zip)

BOTH
- Mount External SD as Primary/Internal (flashable .zip)
- Motomizer - System Optimization Tool (apk)
- RAZR Utility (PC program)
- Enable Wake on Volume Keys (flashable .zip)
- WebTop Mod - Full Ubuntu on RAZR (downloads + script installs)
- Universal Adrenaline Shot (flashable .zip)

- Android Kitchen - Customize Your UI:
> Take your android UI into your own hands! Upload your current ROM, and from there you can customize the appearance of your ROM: including colors, textures, effects, icons, boot animations, and much more. Don't be stuck with a phone that isn't perfect!

If I said something useful then show me some love and hit the THANKS button! :D

Last edited:

surdu_petru

Recognized Contributor
Feb 3, 2010
Paris
HI!

OK...OK...But why you posted here in the section on developers ....and not in Droid RAZR General on [INFO] section ??? :rolleyes:

POQbum

Jan 18, 2011
it was the same in the incredible dev section, saved me a bunch of time not having to dig through pages and questions. you could just jump to the rom.
yea personally I think XDA needs serious organization of all the ROM's into some sort of universal system. A forum post that organizes them is alright, but you can make it so much easier with javascript and php codes allowed.

Anyway I hope this post doesn't get shot down or moved to general and buried. For people new to rooting or maybe just someone new to the RAZR forum, it makes it less overwhelming than masses of different threads with long and sometimes not very descriptive titles.

Last edited:
Reactions: ljohnson1981

watt9493

Dec 27, 2010
Croydon, PA
yea personally I think XDA needs serious organization of all the ROM's into some sort of universal system. A forum post that organizes them is alright, but you can make it so much easier with javascript and php codes allowed.

Anyway I hope this post doesn't get shot down or moved to general and buried. For people new to rooting or maybe just someone new to the RAZR forum, it makes it less overwhelming than masses of different threads with long and sometimes not very descriptive titles.

i agree. i vote stickie. but im slightly biased :rolleyes:

blueis300

Dec 22, 2010
Murfreesboro
I really like axiom but a few small bugs kept me from keeping it. Just startes trying Roms on this phone yesterday and liked this the most by far

Sent from my DROID RAZR using xda premium

Reactions: krissto

POQbum

Jan 18, 2011
was thinking between a maxx or d4. maxx has me on everything but the keyboard. although ive never had a phone with a kb. :rolleyes:
ah ya I've never been a big fan of the slide out keyboard because I normally always type with one hand and auto correct. Even with the dumbphones, I preferred T9 over a full keyboard.. idk, just me lol

But the D4 does look pretty sweet, especially if a physical keyboard is your thing.

Sim Kai Long

Jan 4, 2010
Hey btw, isn't it possible for Asian users to flash the GSM ROMs? They're not just "European Carriers".

POQbum

Jan 18, 2011
Hey btw, isn't it possible for Asian users to flash the GSM ROMs? They're not just "European Carriers".
You're right. I just removed it

Me too leave it here. My new razr is coming tomorrow. I need all the help I can get.

Aren't roms from developers? Then this thread belongs here.
The mod for our forum stickied it yesterday, so this thread is here to stay :rolleyes:

I'll be sure to keep everything up to date, but may need some help from other people in the future to make sure I'm on top of everything.

thepepperman

Nov 15, 2008
San Diego
The deodexed stock ROM by The Eternity Project states that it is for international GSM phones, not CDMA as you have it listed under the Gingerbread section.

Reactions: POQbum

ljohnson1981

Jul 7, 2009
OK...OK...But why you posted here in the section on developers ....and not in Droid RAZR General on [INFO] section ??? :rolleyes:

Because this is not general information, this is for development. And why are you so critical of placement of thread? How about a simple thanks for someone's time and effort putting all this together for your ease of access............... How about you go sit in Droid RAZR General until you learn how to behave...... BTW thanks for the Statue of Liberty we appreciate it!:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p

WorldOfJohnboy

Mar 23, 2011
Syracuse
First, just wanted to mention under the ICS ROM list, there is a dead link: AOKP AXI0M

Secondly, and this may be either a really dumb question, or too general a question (as in, as the ROM developer instead), but will the Droid Razr ROMs work on the Razr Maxx phones? (from what I can tell, it's the same phone with a different/better battery)

I only ask as I am seriously thinking of getting a Maxx but don't know if the ROMs listed will work for the Maxx. I am typically a HTC user, so I'm not up to snuff on the Moto phones.

POQbum

Jan 18, 2011
First, just wanted to mention under the ICS ROM list, there is a dead link: AOKP AXI0M
thanks, fixed.

Secondly, and this may be either a really dumb question, or too general a question (as in, as the ROM developer instead), but will the Droid Razr ROMs work on the Razr Maxx phones? (from what I can tell, it's the same phone with a different/better battery)

This 1st post here will list all available CUSTOM ROM's for the (GSM) RAZR, (CDMA) RAZR, and (CDMA) RAZR MAXX.

The 2nd post will categorize and list other modifications/tweaks/recovieries/radio's and more.

* Please note that software labeled for GSM and software labeled for CDMA will ONLY work with their respective phone-types.
* Verizon RAZR and RAZR MAXX use the same software/ROMs and are both CDMA.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts