Flyer Cases

Search This thread

123Me

Jan 27, 2012
ive bought the 360 one... cheap and got all i need.
not the slimmest one, but does what its supposed to.

Bummer you lost your pen. I've been using the Yoobao slim case. The pen is held within the spine. I like the case a lot just because the pen holder. This is what it looks like.

Yoobao slim case

I purchased it from eBay. It's pretty slim and farily easy to pop the flyer in and out. I do with there was a strap to keep it closed. I suppose I could add one.

I went ahead and got this. Came in the mail today. Thus far I love it, especially for the spot for the pen. Perfect idea IMO. I'm considering taking the strap off of my cheap 360 case and putting it on this one.

diyowell

Aug 23, 2007
Got the Otterbox Case. It adds bulk and extra weight but the protection is priceless. It gives me peace of mind.:)

ElAguila

Mar 12, 2007
San Antonio
I was looking at my brothers seidio active case for his kindle fire. I was wondering if the otterbox case is similar to this in design? I really liked the design of it and would love to have something like that for my View.

gordonzhao

Apr 16, 2009
I was looking at my brothers seidio active case for his kindle fire. I was wondering if the otterbox case is similar to this in design? I really liked the design of it and would love to have something like that for my View.

Have you tried looking at the pictures on the site? I doubt many have both cases on hand to compare...

Sent from my Rooted HTC EVO View 4G (Honeycomb)

Shelbee6479

Jan 26, 2012
Charleston
I got the otter box case yesterday. I really like it the stand in the hard portion of the case is great. This case adds bulk and weight but the protection is worth it. I drop thing due to nerve damage in I'm hand this case will make it harder for me to damage my View.

Much cheaper here and they are a US Business 100% positive feedbak on ebay but they have a website as well
This has a stylus holder, very handy

http://kevikev.com/HTC-Flyer-HTC-View-Cases-Accessories_c18.htm

View attachment 901366

View attachment 901367

View attachment 901368

Actually, the one on Ebay is cheaper by about $5 (don't know why the difference) and it came with free shipping, which wasn't the case on Kev's website. It's the same case.

Sent from GrandAdmiral's phone using Tapatalk.

kudosmog

Aug 2, 2010
For those that have the otterbox case, do you also have the pen, and is it more difficult to write/take notes etc with the extra bulk/raised edges on the otterbox case?
I'm left handed and I was thinking the raised edges would actually help keep my palm off the tablet while writing.

gordonzhao

Apr 16, 2009
Last edited:

mitchellvii

Jul 10, 2010
Charlotte, NC
www.executivedecision.biz
This Sprint one is leather and has a pen holder too:

http://shop2.sprint.com/NASApp/onli...ryID=CFH3892Q&topPageNumber=0&subPageNumber=0

At $35 it may not be a bad buy. Anyone has tried it?

I've tried this. It is ok but as you use it the corners of the cover begin to curl upward. Also, if you are going to buy a leather booklet type case you may as well get one that has the ability to also serve as a stand for watching movies on the tablet. This one does not.

Cor-master

Apr 16, 2011
Indianapolis IN
I'm really getting frustrated over trying to get a case for my flyer. I go to several stores around here and all their 7 inch tablet cases either suck, are overpriced, or purpose built only (ie nook tablet, amazon kindle) After trying Wal-mart, Target, and Best Buy, I gave up and went to Amazon. I ordered a case and after I ordered it I noticed my delievery estimate was something like April 1st and shipping was like 15-18 day. So I found a similar case that had 3-5 day shipping. That was Thursday. Its sunday and it didn't ship yet. Here's the link:

http://www.amazon.com/BoxWave-Steal...YTL0/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1330888734&sr=8-4

Notice it says "in stock on march 15th, order now". It didn't say that when I ordered. The seller isn't going to ship my case till the 15th. Arghh!!! I just contacted the seller and asked him to cancel my order and refund me. Hopefully he does it, and I'll just run up to Frys electronics, a place I completely forgot about that I guarentee will have a nice 7 inch tablet case!

wasilvers

Sep 3, 2008
Sussex. WI
I ordered the ace one like this (above) and the blurex case. It is made ok, looks good and has survived my kids so far. It was VIA amazon, they anticipated arrival date 3-4 weeks out, but it arrived in 3 days.

FlyingKeitai

Jan 26, 2012
Hong Kong
For those that have the otterbox case, do you also have the pen, and is it more difficult to write/take notes etc with the extra bulk/raised edges on the otterbox case?
I'm left handed and I was thinking the raised edges would actually help keep my palm off the tablet while writing.

Some reviews said that the raised edges will make it uncomfortable to write on. I'm not sure... personally, I want to get one myself...

Cor-master

Apr 16, 2011
Indianapolis IN
This is an OK case, but it folds in an awkward way when you flip the cover all the way back to write more comfortably on the tablet. I have a similar case (made by Vipertek) for my Galaxy Tab and the design is much better when it comes to folding the front flap, plus it was only $10!

I ended up canceling my order anyway. I got a tacono 7 inch tablet case noe, got it for $30 from frys. I wasn't initially sure I'd like it but after i put my tablet in it i reality it was perfect. Has a microfiber cleaning pad with it too!

Sent from my HTC_Flyer_P512_NA using XDA

FlyingKeitai

Jan 26, 2012
Hong Kong
Hi guys,
I decided to buy the YOOBAO Executive leather case for HTC Flyer.
Do you all think it's a good choice? I like the fact that the pen can be hidden in the spine.

And I can't decide which website to get from. Could you guys help me to see which one looks more reliable?
ONE or TWO

Thank you in advance! =)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    ebay Blue Case

I bought this case for the Nook Color and I was surprised to see that it had a pen holder!!!! <3

Yes, but they charge $10 for shipping, my guess it would take a couple weeks to get here too. :eek:

From the same seller... I guess they want to charge the brits more for the same thing!

That same case is available soon from PyroSkins (the prototype show early in this thread), and I would rather spend the same and get it from a member of this community than have to wait on china shipping.

Thanks monkeyracer I appreciate the business.

Just an update, we are looking at early to middle of next week (July 18-20th) for
    this item to be in stock, ready to ship.

If any XDA member is looking to buy the 360 degree case PM me for a coupon code before purchasing, I will have a discount coupon for all XDA members.;)
    Mods, please let me know if I am out of line here with this last one, I would just like to show my appreciation to the XDA community by offering my fellow XDA'ers a discount.

EDIT: I have noticed a few newbies messaging me who joined this month and have zero or one post. Let me be clear I intended the discount to be for dedicated members of of XDA. So, newbies will still get a coupon, but you will not get the same price break as our members have been around a while. :D
    That Navitech case looks nice, I just found this, it is a silicone skin that would be nice for keeping the back safe! Although it wouldn't do a whole lot for a drop I'd imagine, and with a tablet a nice folio/wallet style is what I would want!

Oh yeah and they have a couple of TPU cases on that site!

That's the one I got - the clear type. Its okay, except it cannot go into the htc official case - the white one, unless you force it in. Getting it out is an even harder job.
    I did buy this one

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=110682627865&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT

I am going to add two pieces of cloth on the inside to create a pen slot. =D
    I have both of these cases, and both a flyer and an evo view 4G, so the accessories are inter-changeable.

I use the scribe pen a lot. I'd say every 3 years, for the past 15 or so, I've dipped my toe into the tablet tech to see if I can finally give up paper notebooks. The flyer with the scribe finally fits the bill. I am very happy with it for my day to day note taking, and then having the option of text searching via evernote, not to mention the e-backup, just is great.

So, if you are interested in replacing paper, get the scribe.

As for the cases, the yoobao definitely holds the scribe the best. However, it doesn't offer too much protection from drops and other serious mishaps. I dropped my view 4g about 4 feet onto a hard ground while in the yoobao. The plastic corner of the case broke, and the tablet has a nice gash on that corner.

The blurex is definitely a more solid case, and does a decent job as a stand (the yoobao has no built-in stand). You can secure the scribe, but only by adding some sort of pen clip (I took one off my tire pressure meter). Once you add the clip, it stays in place nicely. However, since I am spending a lot of time hand writing on the tablet, I find the corners bothersome to rest my palm on. However, I have no doubt that these corners hold the tablet securely and would protect it in a fall.

Before the yoobao broke, I used both cases for different purposes. I recently also got a trident case, which I have had on for the past few days. Again, no built in stand, but a nice tablet protector, except for the screen, which is open.

Let me know if you have more specific questions.