Whats the best ROM if I just want to use the Inc as a car MP3 player? (no radio)

Search This thread

mbarry55

Mar 10, 2010
Hollidaysburg, PA
OnePlus 8
So I have my old DInc laying around, and I think I'm going to use it just as an mp3 player in my car via aux, and I was wondering what ROM you would recommend for that purpose?

I haven't been in the DInc scene in a long time so I don't know where to start. Battery life would be priority but with no radio use and a car charger don't even know if thats an issue.

What do you think?

cmlusco

Nov 20, 2010
Michigan City, IN
So I have my old DInc laying around, and I think I'm going to use it just as an mp3 player in my car via aux, and I was wondering what ROM you would recommend for that purpose?

I haven't been in the DInc scene in a long time so I don't know where to start. Battery life would be priority but with no radio use and a car charger don't even know if thats an issue.

What do you think?

Really any rom will do, but senseless roms are probably going to give you the best battery life. Really you could take any rom and just start stripping it down, deleting everything it will let you without messing things up, leaving only the bare essentials.

Reactions: mbarry55

Shano56

Oct 21, 2011
Really any rom will do, but senseless roms are probably going to give you the best battery life. Really you could take any rom and just start stripping it down, deleting everything it will let you without messing things up, leaving only the bare essentials.

Yeah probably cm9 and use titanium to freeze things one at a time. Cm9 Is mostly aosp

Sent from my HTC Incredible using Tapatalk 2

Reactions: mbarry55

mbarry55

Mar 10, 2010
Hollidaysburg, PA
OnePlus 8
isnt beats audio just an equalizer? your stereo should have one of those xD

Factory stereo. Doesn't have any fancy eq features, but does have aux-in :)

I know the Inc didn't have Beats but I thought I did read it was ported over to some devices. I can definitely hear a difference with it on and off using my rezound, like i said. Just wondering though. I'll load up CM9 I guess soon as my microSD gets here.

Thanks for the tips guys!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

What do you think?

Yeah probably cm9 and use titanium to freeze things one at a time. Cm9 Is mostly aosp

Sent from my HTC Incredible using Tapatalk 2
    Does beats audio factor in at all on the dinc? Def sounds good onmy rezound.

Sent from my BNRV200 using XDA

Not sure, i think a few roms had it half way working, but still not the real deal.
    Yea an aosp-based ROM would probably be best in terms of battery, but if you're in your car, you probably have easy access to a charger so I wouldn't worry about the ROM too much.

Just install any ROM and use this script to kill all of the battery-sucking radios.
    isnt beats audio just an equalizer? your stereo should have one of those xD