Gear waterproof

Search This thread

creasqui

Dec 25, 2012
Bern
Hello guys, yes i know i could google that, and did, but i do not figure out whether it is water restistant/proof.

i found this :
http://www.samsung.com/sg/consumer/mobile-devices/smartphone/android-os/SM-V7000ZWAXSP-features

GALAXY Gear is certified IP55*, protected against penetration of dust and water splashes from daily use.

and watched this
/watch?v=sgIQdee4wDI&list=PLA8B9BACF92DA70AB

but i still do not know if it is water prof,
if i can do swimming or go bath with i ?

Which places are demageable(loudspeaker..?) what if i would make waterresistant TESA film on it?

Has Anyone some experinces with water or other influences ?

Please tell me

Thank you and have a awesome life friend !

Milimbar

Jul 19, 2011
it is "splash proof" meaning it shouldn't get hurt from occasionally getting a little water on it from sources like walking in a light rain, or washing your hands without submerging it.

It is most defiantly not water proof, do not submerge it under water, it will die.

tony yayo

Oct 15, 2010
Chicago
Hello guys, yes i know i could google that, and did, but i do not figure out whether it is water restistant/proof.

i found this :
http://www.samsung.com/sg/consumer/mobile-devices/smartphone/android-os/SM-V7000ZWAXSP-features

GALAXY Gear is certified IP55*, protected against penetration of dust and water splashes from daily use.

and watched this
/watch?v=sgIQdee4wDI&list=PLA8B9BACF92DA70AB

but i still do not know if it is water prof,
if i can do swimming or go bath with i ?

Which places are demageable(loudspeaker..?) what if i would make waterresistant TESA film on it?

Has Anyone some experinces with water or other influences ?

Please tell me

Thank you and have a awesome life friend !

and google didn't show you the other threads on XDA covering this already?

fletch33

Jan 9, 2010
there was a post some time ago from a guy that left it on accidentally in the shower and it had no damage but i woudlnt recommend that :)

ronfurro

Oct 24, 2013
O-Town
I accidentally submerged mine while cleaning the fish tank pump. I nearly pooped when I did it but quickly shook off the water and it came out unharmed. Admittedly, I didnt go trying to take pictures afterward but the next day, the camera seemed fine too. That was two months ago and haven't had an issed or another serious accident.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

dwallersv

Dec 10, 2007
California
From the OP's link:
* IP55 rating means that device is protected against penetration of dust in quantity to interfere satisfactory operation and harmful ingress of water under test condition of spraying the enclosure from any direction with a stream of water from a standard 6.3mm diameter test nozzle for up to 3 minutes. According to accredited test results by Korea Labouratory Accreditation Scheme, individual results may vary.
This is pretty specific and precise it seems to me. Not sure what the OP is unclear about.

From the IP55 rating, no, it is not suitable for full immersion for any length of time, nor is it protected at any depth.

Rather -- again just from the description above -- you can hit it with a stream of water for minutes at a time, from all different angles, and it will be fine.

IOW, no problem with getting it wet. Yes problem with immersion.