[Q] Moto X Toolkit for Mac for 4.4.3?

Search This thread

success2be

Apr 17, 2014
Since the Moto X Toolkit for Mac has ceased development, does anyone know whether it still works for the recent 4.4.3 stock ROM?

samwathegreat

Apr 17, 2010
Since the Moto X Toolkit for Mac has ceased development, does anyone know whether it still works for the recent 4.4.3 stock ROM?
Sorry - don't know about the Mac toolkit.

Are you referring to the XT1053 (T-Mobile / GSM Unlocked) ROM? That is the only 4.4.3 ROM that we have posted on the SBF website so far...

If you want to flash that rom (you do have an XT1053, right?), you can just use the fastboot/mfastboot manual method. No toolkit required.

If necessary, we can provide you with the exact commands used to flash the entire rom. Let us know. All the relevant information is in the "Return to Stock" thread.

Good Luck

success2be

Apr 17, 2014
Thanks, I asked the Dev. He's response is he doesn't know since he doesn't own an X anymore.

I just want a tool that can root and unroot on the Mac. But I'm not sure running mfastboot via virtual machine will work.

Looks like I'll have to install Win via bootcamp to root and unroot.

Sent from my XT1053 using Tapatalk

samwathegreat

Apr 17, 2010
Thanks, I asked the Dev. He's response is he doesn't know since he doesn't own an X anymore.

I just want a tool that can root and unroot on the Mac. But I'm not sure running mfastboot via virtual machine will work.

Looks like I'll have to install Win via bootcamp to root and unroot.

Sent from my XT1053 using Tapatalk

You don't need to use a virtual machine....the Android SDK (includes fastboot binary) is available for mac. A mac-version of mfastboot is also available. You can run all of the commands without using a VM.

Check this thread: http://xdaforums.com/moto-x/moto-x-qa/rooted-4-4-2-locked-bootloader-factory-t2767255/page2

I helped that guy flash his phone 100% on MAC.

success2be

Apr 17, 2014
You don't need to use a virtual machine....the Android SDK (includes fastboot binary) is available for mac. A mac-version of mfastboot is also available. You can run all of the commands without using a VM.

Check this thread: http://xdaforums.com/moto-x/moto-x-qa/rooted-4-4-2-locked-bootloader-factory-t2767255/page2

I helped that guy flash his phone 100% on MAC.

Thanks. Another thread also mentioned that OS X compatible mfastboot. But the file wasn't referenced in the Complete Moto X Guides thread, so wasn't sure if it was legit.

HeroOfTime

Jun 29, 2010
Mountain Green
If you download that Mac toolkit, it includes all of the developer tools that are needed to unlock/root/etc. That includes adb, fastboot and mfastboot. It's nice because it's all in the same location and you don't have to download the entire SDK.