[Q] Attempted to load android and failed

Search This thread

mikeroundrock

Jun 25, 2014
Hello,
Without beating myself up, here is what I did:

1. used steps from another site to root my Kindle Fire HD 8.9 and attempt to load Android 4.4.2 on it. First major mistake.
2. during that process, the steps to make a backup didn't work and I continued. I realize that was my second major mistake, one from which I cannot recover.
3. attempted to use a Factory Image found on this site. I followed the steps, and when I perform the "fastboot -i 0x1949" reboot command, I get the "kindle fire" orange logo, and it sits there. I'm guessing it's bricked.
4. without giving up, I attempted to follow the commands found on this site here (http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2128175), but I've been unsuccessful.

So, I'm stuck looking at the "kindle fire" orange logo. My thoughts were to get an image on the device and boot into it to at least get all the necessary files for flashing the image. Nope. I would appreciate any assistance. I will also state that I am a very fresh NooB when it comes to these things. I thought I was prepared, but I guess not enough.

TIA!
Mike

stunts513

Feb 8, 2013
New Braunfels, TX
Hello,
Without beating myself up, here is what I did:

1. used steps from another site to root my Kindle Fire HD 8.9 and attempt to load Android 4.4.2 on it. First major mistake.
2. during that process, the steps to make a backup didn't work and I continued. I realize that was my second major mistake, one from which I cannot recover.
3. attempted to use a Factory Image found on this site. I followed the steps, and when I perform the "fastboot -i 0x1949" reboot command, I get the "kindle fire" orange logo, and it sits there. I'm guessing it's bricked.
4. without giving up, I attempted to follow the commands found on this site here (http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2128175), but I've been unsuccessful.

So, I'm stuck looking at the "kindle fire" orange logo. My thoughts were to get an image on the device and boot into it to at least get all the necessary files for flashing the image. Nope. I would appreciate any assistance. I will also state that I am a very fresh NooB when it comes to these things. I thought I was prepared, but I guess not enough.

TIA!
Mike
if you never installed the fastboot drivers that would explain the issue. when the kindle first turns on after you plug it in while off, it should briefly be detected as a jem device in the device manager. if it already has the drivers installed it will briefly show up as a adb device. if you don't have the drivers installed then grab the ones from mg SIG and extract them somewhere and point the update driver box to it in the few seconds it is detected. once it is installed power the kindle off! run the "fastboot -I 0x1949 getvar product" and when it says waiting for device, plug in the kindle while it is off, it should go into fastboot.

Sent from my Amazon Tate using Tapatalk

mikeroundrock

Jun 25, 2014
if you never installed the fastboot drivers that would explain the issue. when the kindle first turns on after you plug it in while off, it should briefly be detected as a jem device in the device manager. if it already has the drivers installed it will briefly show up as a adb device. if you don't have the drivers installed then grab the ones from mg SIG and extract them somewhere and point the update driver box to it in the few seconds it is detected. once it is installed power the kindle off! run the "fastboot -I 0x1949 getvar product" and when it says waiting for device, plug in the kindle while it is off, it should go into fastboot.

Sent from my Amazon Tate using Tapatalk

OK. I followed your instructions and installed the driver. I then attempted to install a base image following the instructions here:http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2011126

I chose the following prompts: 1. enable fastboot, then 2. Restore-su/supersu.apk only, then 4. Erase cache and userdata, and finally Reboot normally. No luck.

I'd really appreciate any and all ideas/help. My hope is to turn this brick into something productive again.

mikeroundrock

Jun 25, 2014
What are you using to restore the kindle?

All I have are whatever people have shared. As mentioned in my initial post, I do not have a backup of what I had before I started. Perhaps my biggest mistake. My understanding is that I need to get the Kindle software back on it in order to install the Android bits. Perhaps I am in error on that thinking. Please let me know if that is an unneeded step.