[Q] Unable to install CWM on Mega 6.3

Search This thread

Ch3rub

Oct 2, 2012
HI All

I'm wondering if you guys have seen similar problem. I have currently rooted stock ROM on my Mega but want to install CWM so I can take a backup of the system and try out CyanogenMOD11.

Yet, when I try flashing CWM with Odin it looks like this:

<ID:0/012> Added!!
<OSM> Enter CS for MD5..
<OSM> Check MD5.. Do not unplug the cable..
<OSM> Please wait..
<OSM> recovery.tar.md5 is valid.
<OSM> Checking MD5 finished Sucessfully..
<OSM> Leave CS..
<ID:0/012> Odin v.3 engine (ID:12)..
<ID:0/012> File analysis..
<ID:0/012> SetupConnection..
<ID:0/012> Initialzation..
<ID:0/012> Get PIT for mapping..
<ID:0/012> Firmware update start..
<ID:0/012> recovery.img
<ID:0/012> NAND Write Start!!
<ID:0/012> RQT_CLOSE !!
<ID:0/012> RES OK !!
<ID:0/012> Removed!!
<ID:0/012> Remain Port .... 0
<OSM> All threads completed. (succeed 1 / failed 0)

At this point phone reboots and when I go to recovery - there is no CWM :(

I will be grateful for any suggestions.

Thanks

Ch3rub

Oct 2, 2012
So I tried the above but have same thing happening.

Everything looks as if it's working OK. Odin picks up the phone, I load the image in PDA.
Have Auto Reboot and F.Reset Time enabled (only).

I hit the start button and it's VERY fast - literally few seconds and I get blue RESET! in the top box in Odin.
What's interesting is that after another two minutes Odin will change to PASS! :eek:

But that's looong after my phone booted back to normal operation mode, it will also change to PASS even if I have disconnected my phone :rolleyes:

Any suggestions anyone?

==== UPDATE ===

What I also noticed is that after I boot to recovery I'm getting ERROR and NO COMMAND - they will flash on the screen and instead of usual Android Robot I have one on it's side with red exclamation mark over it.
No Command and this point is displayed below the "robot".

This is really irritating :(

Last edited:

starmaster10

Feb 7, 2012
Saskatoon
One thing when you are flashing a custom recovery on the mega is once you are done flashing with odin you MUST reboot the phone directly into the recovery mode again for like CWM to appear otherwise if you do not do this the stock recovery will be back, this only has to be done once when you first flash a custom recovery..then it will be okay after that.

And with odin that does the same thing for me it says RESET but it still works and after it will say PASS when the phone is disconnected already, not sure why odin does this but seems to have no effect on the flashing part...hope this helps you out. :)

Reactions: Ch3rub

Ch3rub

Oct 2, 2012
One thing when you are flashing a custom recovery on the mega is once you are done flashing with odin you MUST reboot the phone directly into the recovery mode again for like CWM to appear otherwise if you do not do this the stock recovery will be back, this only has to be done once when you first flash a custom recovery..then it will be okay after that.

And with odin that does the same thing for me it says RESET but it still works and after it will say PASS when the phone is disconnected already, not sure why odin does this but seems to have no effect on the flashing part...hope this helps you out. :)

That was is!
Thanks for pointing in the right direction.

I've all the same options in Odin but when it auto-rebooted my phone I have quickly pressed the the buttons for going to recovery and that worked. When powering off from recovery I was given an option to disable stock recovery and now it's all as intended.

THANKS!

starmaster10

Feb 7, 2012
Saskatoon
That was is!
Thanks for pointing in the right direction.

I've all the same options in Odin but when it auto-rebooted my phone I have quickly pressed the the buttons for going to recovery and that worked. When powering off from recovery I was given an option to disable stock recovery and now it's all as intended.

THANKS!
You are welcome. :D

SkyQaz

Sep 5, 2013
So I tried the above but have same thing happening.

Everything looks as if it's working OK. Odin picks up the phone, I load the image in PDA.
Have Auto Reboot and F.Reset Time enabled (only).

I hit the start button and it's VERY fast - literally few seconds and I get blue RESET! in the top box in Odin.
What's interesting is that after another two minutes Odin will change to PASS! :eek:

But that's looong after my phone booted back to normal operation mode, it will also change to PASS even if I have disconnected my phone :rolleyes:

Any suggestions anyone?

==== UPDATE ===

What I also noticed is that after I boot to recovery I'm getting ERROR and NO COMMAND - they will flash on the screen and instead of usual Android Robot I have one on it's side with red exclamation mark over it.
No Command and this point is displayed below the "robot".

This is really irritating :(

I got same problem when i flashed cwm by phil with odin, what i did is to uncheck autoreboot in odin so after odin finish flash recovery image you need to turn off manually by long pressing power button, and then just boot into recovery, reboot system now and select yes disable stock recovery when prompted by cwm.

Sent from my GT-I9205 using XDA Free mobile app

Gabriel51

May 10, 2008
xda Texas
This does not work for me?

SPH-L600 (Sprint) Galaxy mega
Android: 4.2.2
Baseband: L600vpubne4
Build: KOT49H.L600VPUBNE4

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.