[Q]Touch Screen going out?

Search This thread

sparksco

Inactive Recognized Developer
Feb 27, 2010
docs.google.com
So I've been getting some pretty noticable flickering going on on my TS and was wondering, is this a sign of it going out?

prboy1969

May 7, 2009
Michigan
I'd say one of two things is going on. Either the screen ( LCD ) is starting to go, or more likely the Cable is already cracked. First it cracks then, it just splits.

prboy1969

May 7, 2009
Michigan
Well if they say they're out of parts, or can't get them. You can always offer to get the parts, and have them do the repair. That's if you don't want to upgrade yet.

TEAM MiK
MikROMs Since 3/13/11

Reactions: sparksco

sparksco

Feb 27, 2010
docs.google.com
Well if they say they're out of parts, or can't get them. You can always offer to get the parts, and have them do the repair. That's if you don't want to upgrade yet.

TEAM MiK
MikROMs Since 3/13/11

The sad part is my G1 is still going strong lol. Never thought the G1 would out last a EVO Shift 4G :confused:

I called a third party repair shop and they said it would be $100+ to fix it, I took it it to Sprint and they said around $35 dollars. I'm not due for a upgrade yet unless they don't have the parts like you said and try to offer me a early upgrade?

prboy1969

May 7, 2009
Michigan
It is nuts that your G1 is still golden. You could always buy the parts. Then do it yourself, it really isn't that big a thing. Just make sure to take the proper precautions. A little bit of Static Electricity can cause a lot of damage when you have the device open. If you decide to try it yourself, and have any questions let me know. I've done quite a few already.

Last edited:

sparksco

Feb 27, 2010
docs.google.com
Well your not going to believe this but my eng bootloader was causing the issues with my screen :confused:

I'm going to try a couple of things and see if I can achieve s-off before I attempt to downgrade for root again.

bilgerryan

Well your not going to believe this but my eng bootloader was causing the issues with my screen :confused:

I'm going to try a couple of things and see if I can achieve s-off before I attempt to downgrade for root again.

Yeah that happened to me too, I was beginning to think I was crazy

Sent from my PG06100 using XDA

Reactions: sparksco

prboy1969

May 7, 2009
Michigan

Still having a hard time wrapping my head around that :confused: . Makes me wonder about a few things.

davante

Apr 18, 2012
roanoke
how to fix

Try rebooting if that dosent work take out the battery put the battery in the freezer and then put the phone in a bag of rice if battery and freezer don't work

sparksco

Feb 27, 2010
docs.google.com
Ya NO... I'm pretty sure that your not supposed to expose your devices to extreme hot/cold temps :rolleyes: I would NEVER do that. The only time I've ever done that was with my G1 is the battery temps were dangerously high... But that has never happened with my evo shift, my battery temps never reach over 100 degrees even when I OC to 2GHZ. We're discussing touchscreen issues and what the possible causes might be like the bootloader ect, this thread is not for discussion of battery temps!

Sent from my PG06100 using xda premium

hamagc

Nov 8, 2009
So Cal
Lol did I miss a phone in water somewhere? Other than that, what use is the bag of rice trick?

prboy1969

May 7, 2009
Michigan
:confused::confused::confused: Bootloader + Touchscreen . What's the bag of rice for? Oh I get it's for when I'm at Sprint waiting for them to repair my phone. I'll have more than enough time to make myself something to eat.

TEAM MiK
MikROMs Since 3/13/11

Reactions: hamagc

cloverdale

Feb 9, 2009
Eugene, OR
www.jbthemes.com
You need to drop the phone in a glass of coca-cola, as the carbonation creates bubbles that will go behind the screen, and ensure a proper connection (be sure to avoid off brand soda, as it lacks proper carbonation). Following this, be sure to try turning on the phone while still wet. This allows for a strong current to permeate the screen, and ensure step one worked. After this you may notice that the phone is sticky. This is solved by putting the phone in a jar of ants. Finally, kill the ants by putting the phone in the freezer.

The soda hack is a sure fix for any issue, and from what I have heard, it makes android nearly as functional as iOS.

Reactions: sparksco and hamagc

Quetzalcoatl

Jan 12, 2012
You need to drop the phone in a glass of coca-cola, as the carbonation creates bubbles that will go behind the screen, and ensure a proper connection (be sure to avoid off brand soda, as it lacks proper carbonation). Following this, be sure to try turning on the phone while still wet. This allows for a strong current to permeate the screen, and ensure step one worked. After this you may notice that the phone is sticky. This is solved by putting the phone in a jar of ants. Finally, kill the ants by putting the phone in the freezer.

The soda hack is a sure fix for any issue, and from what I have heard, it makes android nearly as functional as iOS.

You know, I actually fell for this

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

TEAM MiK
    MikROMs Since 3/13/11

Yeah that happened to me too, I was beginning to think I was crazy

Sent from my PG06100 using XDA
    Battery in freezer is a new one for me lol what does that do exactly to the battery?

Sent from my PG06100 using xda premium
    :confused::confused::confused: Bootloader + Touchscreen . What's the bag of rice for? Oh I get it's for when I'm at Sprint waiting for them to repair my phone. I'll have more than enough time to make myself something to eat.

TEAM MiK
    MikROMs Since 3/13/11