Temporarily blown speaker

Search This thread

fezzle

Jul 10, 2012
I just encountered a strange problem. As I was listening to Google Voice Search kindly tell me the weather, the response sounded strange... "crackling" doesn't describe it correctly, but it sounded as if it was coming through a cell phone with bad reception. I then tried to play some music and it had a similar sound.

At first I was worried that after a good 7 months, the speakers on my GN10 had magically blown out.

But I reset the tablet and now it's fine.

Has this happened to anyone? Should I be concerned about it happening again (or more frequently) or shrug it off as a one time bug?

I'm glad to see the warranty is 12 months (and not 6 months as I originally thought), because I wonder if this is worth sending in to Samsung for repair.

jaytee23

Dec 8, 2013
Yes, it is an issue since 4.4.2 and you don't need to reset to fix it. Just put the Note to sleep using the power button, wait 5 or 10 seconds and then unlock again. Make sure you wait the 5 or 10 seconds since it doesn't seem to work if you lock/unlock immediately. If it doesn't work the first time, try a few more times. It works for me and it beats rebooting.

bryanblue24

Feb 2, 2013
I have the P605 version of tab. I've already ticked and unticked the mono/streo in accessibility but my output for built in speaker is still mono. Only the left speaker is functioning and the right isnt. For the headset, both produces sounds. I cant remember I installed something that have caused this.

Is this related to the 4.4.2 version?

androidnekogirl

Dec 21, 2015
I also have the same exact problem!
The left speaker of my Note 10.1 is not working but the right speaker is perfectly working.
I was so worried because there was a disturbing BZZZBZBZBZBZBBZBZ sound coming from my left speaker. I washed my screen with a few drops of water and I thought some got in through the speaker that's why it isn't working properly. I am so glad to know that this is a software problem and not my fault at all.
Will formatting really solve the problem? Thanks :)

Marcus anderson

Jan 28, 2018
I have a problem I have a Samsung tab A and on of my speakers are not working the other one is sound fine and when I have headphones in its fine but when I have them out the sound out of the speaker is not on but the other speaker is fine. What should I do ?