Search This thread

rs tony

Feb 15, 2014
Joroinen
Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra
Move V4A to /system/priv-app via Lucky Patcher

Moved It manually but still don't work.

Sent from my GT-I9105P using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

---------- Post added at 10:45 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:32 AM ----------

Tried reinstall driver too but no effect

---------- Post added at 11:01 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:45 AM ----------

---------- Post added at 10:45 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:32 AM ----------

...And tried diffrent audio player, reinstalled kernel and not effect.

*Edit. I have tried ur IRS files too and not work. :/

Last edited:

StinkyToilet

Mar 7, 2013
Medan

---------- Post added at 11:01 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:45 AM ----------

...And tried diffrent audio player, reinstalled kernel and not effect.

*Edit. I have tried ur IRS files too and not work. :/

jmxc23 said the app must be moved using Lucky Patcher. Moving it manually will not work. Or you can just install it as a user app

Reactions: rs tony

jmxc23

Dec 18, 2012
New York
I don't believe It really does matter how do u move It.. But i will try. Strangest thing is.. Some irs files work and some files not..

Yes it does as the Convolver function becomes unstable and won't playback the effects of some irs files. It only happens when you manually move the app to the system folder. Lucky Patcher automates the process and will reboot the device for it to take effect.

StinkyToilet

Mar 7, 2013
Medan
DDC enabled for LG HBS 730 bluetooth headphones imho makes sound worse so it's turned off

ViPER-DDC flattens the signal response of your headphones. So, if your headphones already sound good for you (usually it's because the response is not flat), enabling DDC might make your headphones sound worse :)

-ix-

Oct 26, 2011
I reinstalled it many times. I discovered via logcat that the app can't open the database. I tried copying it to data folder, but no luck. I will download the source code and modify it to search in other location for testing. Or I will wait the next release of fxp for cm11 and see
I'm experiencing the same issue. Did you ever find a solution for this?

Shebee

Mar 9, 2008
There aren't any headphone specific profiles out there. There profiles specific to the music you're listening to which are then altered to accommodate to your headphones, sound mods(if any),music player and your hearing.
Huh? Why is there then a huge list of headphones in v4a? under the DDC selection.

jmxc23

Dec 18, 2012
New York
Huh? Why is there then a huge list of headphones in v4a? under the DDC selection.

DDC is meant to give those listed headphones a neutral/flat sound akin to Studio Monitor headphones and expensive Reference Grade headphones. If you already like the sound signature of the listed headphones then DDC will alter it for better or worse. I also understand that not everyone likes the analytical sound that Studio and Reference Grade headphones bring so I usually don't recommend using DDC. Lastly the op gives a description of what is DDC and its intended use.

Last edited:

jmxc23

Dec 18, 2012
New York
Any profiles for Bose IE2

I HELP people create profiles not provide people with one. To create the right profile for your current setup you have to know the following:

1. How the headphones sound without any sound mods:
This is extremely important to know this since every pair of headphones/earphones have a sound signature. You must know the headphones strengths and weaknesses when paired with songs you normally listen to.

2. Your Musical Preference:
The music you're listening to can highlight some aspects of your headphones and expose flaws in its sound. You can't enjoy Mozart with a pair of Beats By Dre headphones nor can you fully enjoy Skrillex with a pair of reference grade headphones.

G

ghostrill

can someone help me? did viper 2.4 remove custom ddc profiles? i have tried adding a .vdc file(dunu dn1000) into storage/viper4android/ddc but it does not appear in the list, not after a reboot either. i did some digging and found viperddc.db in data/data and i assume this is where all the profiles are stored. how can i add the information from the vdc to the db?

chuman72486

Oct 12, 2011
I was hoping someone could help me create a profile for my HS-330 earbuds. I'm trying to figure out ViPER Toolbox, but I feel like it would be easier to learn another language...
I've looked online and came up with the following frequency curves for the earbuds.

rec.jpg

cantenna

Aug 5, 2012
Newcastle
Hi op,

Any love for ATH-WS99BT SOLID BASS Bluetooth wireless headphones? I downloaded ViPer Toolbox but have no idea where to start.. can't find instructions anywhere? Can you help me out please:)

I pulled this from internet,
8-26000 hertz, with an impedance of 37 ohms.
great bass, not so great on the mid's and high's
I personally fell that they don't sound very good without viper4android, however, with viper4android, they are by far the best sounding headphones I have ever used! I actually think these headphones were designed in mind to be used with Viper4Android, they seem to lack any sound enhancement software, it's as if they purposely lack any sound enhancement at all by default. I say that because I compared them to my previous headphones, the Sony MDR-10RBT, these are rated slightly higher in the mids and the highs but now that I have compared the two, it seems the Sony's have their own sound processing going on that produces a similar effect to ViperClairity and Auditory System Protection...When I enable these arguments on the WS99BT, not only does it closes the gap, I think it out performs the Sony's! At first I was a bit disappointed but after thinking about it more, this is i think would be ideal, you wouldn't't want sound enhancement coming from both headphones and viper, it's like working with two equalizers, am I wrong?

Does this give you enough info to work with.?

The other negative was, without viper, the sound-stage is quiet small, sound can be a bit harsh... but with differential and the other enhancements from viper I mentioned above, wow! It's then you can tell that the right hardware is certainly in place here with these headphones.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Note To all: Please don't request for DDC profiles as you can now create your own DDC profile. You can also make requests at @Joebloggs thread.

Note #2: DO NOT ASK FOR V4A PROFILES as I don't own every pair of headphones nor do I make profiles for you. I will however help you create your own profile.

This is a troubleshooting thread specifically for a feature found in the Viper4android app. This feature is called Viper DDC.

What is Viper DDC?

When this feature is enabled you're suppose to hear a neutral audio response from your headphones. This means that the lows, mids and highs are not emphasized over another which is similar to reference grade headphones. However due to the different measurement standards from sites the viper developers use as reference you will get varied results. Furthermore the DDC alone might not be enough to get a neutral/balanced sound.

Can I try other DDC if there isn't one for my headphones?

You can try but unless those headphones have a similar sound to the ones you own it will just sound like crap.

What is the purpose of this thread?

1. Help people understand the feature and how to use it.
    2. Help people create profiles since the profile thread is for profile sharing.

Types Of Headphones:
    Circumaural: full-sized headphones with ear cups that go over the ears. Also known as Over-Ear headphones.

Super-Aural: headphones with ear cups that go on the ears. Also known as On-Ear headphones.

Open Back: types of headphones with open back ear cups. These headphones allow more ambient noise into the headphones and leaks sound out of the headphones. Despite that it gives a more natural speaker sound.

Closed Back: these are basically headphones with the back of ear cups sealed. These headphones have a smaller soundstage but have a lower bass frequency than its open back counterparts. Closed backs also have better noise isolation.

Earphones: Also called earbuds these are small headphones that sit in the outer ear.

In Ear headphones: also called canalphones or in-ear monitors these small headphones sit in the inner ear.

Semi Open Back and Hybrid Earphones: these headphones have the combined design of the above headphones. Semi open back has the combined design of open backs and closed backs while hybrids are iem/earbud cross design.

Types of Headphone Sound Signatures:

Basshead: this sound signature places emphasis on bass above all else in particular the impact, the depth and the power of the bass. A good basshead sound signature focuses on the deep rumbling sub-bass and not the boomy mid-bass. The sub-bass will allow the other frequencies to be heard.
    Examples include: Velodyne V Pulse and NuForce NE-600X

Warm and Smooth: this sound signature has a slightly enhanced mid-bass and a slightly laid back treble. This results in a rich full bodied sound.
    Examples include: Xiaomi Piston 2 and Shure se215

V-shape/Rock setting: all equalisers have a rock setting and that rock setting is a v shaped sound signature. This sound emphasized the bass and treble frequencies with recessed mid range sound. What is unique about it is that it sounds balanced at lower volumes.
    Examples include: Sennheiser Momentum In-Ear and SoundMagic E10

Balanced: this sound signature has no emphasis on any aspect of audio. This results in a clear and accurate depiction of the music. There are three sub categories of balanced sound signatures which is neutral, bright(slight treble boost) and mid-centric.
    Examples include: AKG K701 and Phillips Fidelio S1

Analytical: this sound signature focuses on detail and clarity. You can hear all tiny nuances in a recording. This sound signature unfortunately isn't good for popular music but amazing for classical music.

Useful Links:
    Viper 4 Android Main Thread
    V4A Profiles Thread
    Extremebeats audio mod

Credit to @zhuhang and Viper520 for creating V4A and it's irs files respectively.
    Credit to @Ben Feutrill for creating one of the few mods that works with V4A for an even better sound.
    I don't believe It really does matter how do u move It.. But i will try. Strangest thing is.. Some irs files work and some files not..

Yes it does as the Convolver function becomes unstable and won't playback the effects of some irs files. It only happens when you manually move the app to the system folder. Lucky Patcher automates the process and will reboot the device for it to take effect.
    I don't have a clue what sine sweep refers to.. Also, I don't have a recording device.... Good luck on your efforts....

Sent from my ST18i using XDA Free mobile app

Sine sweep is a sweeping tone starting from the low frequencies to high frequencies (preferably 20Hz to 20kHz). Playing a sweep tone on different devices creates different output. So, recording the sweep tone played on different device and then deconvolve it, will create a playback device correction filter IRS. Or just check which frequencies are different, then add the data to ViPER DDC database...
    Here is my current setup and it sounds pretty good to me but not sure if I could tweak it more as I don't know what all the fields do.

Phone: Sprint Galaxy S3
    ROM: Wicked X v6.0 (based on TW 4.4.2)
    Earphones: Phillips SHE8000
    ViPER4Android FX 2.3.3.0
    Driver: Super Audio Quality
    Music: I mostly listen to rap with a decent amount of bass.

FX: Headset

1. MASTER POWER: ✔
    (ii) Force Enable V4A:
    2. PLAYBACK CONTROL GAIN: ✘
    (ii) Select Effect Strength: Slight
    (iii) Max Gain: 4x
    (iv) Max Output: -1.9 dB
    3. VIPER-DDC: ✘
    (ii) Listening Device:
    4. SPECTRUM EXTENSION: ✘
    (ii) Strength:
    5. FIREQUALIZER: ✔
    (ii) Select Preset: R&B
    6. CONVOLVER: ✔
    (ii) Impulse Response: Phillips SHE8000-subbass-48k.irs
    (iii) Cross Chanel: 0 Percent
    7. FIELD SURROUND: ✘
    (i) Select Field Surround Strength: Slight
    (ii) Select Mid Image Strength: Level 5
    8. DIFFERENTIAL SURROUND: ✘
    (i) Select Delay Time: 5ms
    9. HEADPHONE SURROUND +:✘
    (i) Select Effect Quality: Level 1
    10. REVERBERATION: ✘
    (i) Room Size: 25m2
    (ii) Sound Field: 5m
    (iii) Damping Factor: 0 Percent
    (iv) Wet Signal: 0 Percent
    (v) Dry Signal: 50 Percent
    11. DYNAMIC SYSTEM: ✔
    (i) Select Listening Device: Phillips Earphone
    (ii) Select Dynamic Bass: 12 Percent
    12. TUBE SIMULATOR (6N1J): ✘
    13. FIDELITY CONTROL:✔
    (i) Enable ViPER Bass:✔
    Select Bass Mode: Natural
    Select Bass Frequency: 78 Hz
    Select Bass Boost: 10.0 dB
    (ii) Enable ViPER Clarity:✔
    Select Clarity Mode: XHiFi
    Select Clarity: 8.0 dB
    14. AUDITORY SYSTEM PROTECTION: ✘
    (ii) Select Binaural Level: Slight
    15. MASTER GATE (Limiter): ✔
    (i) Output Gain: 0 dB
    (ii) Channel Pan: 0.5 : 0.5
    (iii) Limit Threshold: 0 dB

Really interested in tweaking the Firequalizer and any other settings I'm not currently using. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Good setup so far. Someone on the profile sharing thread posted a link to all the irs files including the paid ones as I feel the clear bass Max irs file will work well with your setup. Here is the link: Irs files

Changes to be made:
    1. Change irs file there are a bunch that simulates bass responses better than the one you're using.
    2. Change Viper clarity to default db or Ozone+ at 8 db. XHIFI can be unbearable at higher volumes when not at the default db setting.
    Optional: for a wider soundstage set headphone surround(VHS+) at level 2 as any higher than that it sounds unnatural.
    Here is my current setup and it sounds pretty good to me but not sure if I could tweak it more as I don't know what all the fields do.

Phone: Sprint Galaxy S3
    ROM: Wicked X v6.0 (based on TW 4.4.2)
    Earphones: Phillips SHE8000
    ViPER4Android FX 2.3.3.0
    Driver: Super Audio Quality
    Music: I mostly listen to rap with a decent amount of bass.

FX: Headset

1. MASTER POWER: ✔
    (ii) Force Enable V4A:
    2. PLAYBACK CONTROL GAIN: ✘
    (ii) Select Effect Strength: Slight
    (iii) Max Gain: 4x
    (iv) Max Output: -1.9 dB
    3. VIPER-DDC: ✘
    (ii) Listening Device:
    4. SPECTRUM EXTENSION: ✘
    (ii) Strength:
    5. FIREQUALIZER: ✔
    (ii) Select Preset: R&B
    6. CONVOLVER: ✔
    (ii) Impulse Response: Phillips SHE8000-subbass-48k.irs
    (iii) Cross Chanel: 0 Percent
    7. FIELD SURROUND: ✘
    (i) Select Field Surround Strength: Slight
    (ii) Select Mid Image Strength: Level 5
    8. DIFFERENTIAL SURROUND: ✘
    (i) Select Delay Time: 5ms
    9. HEADPHONE SURROUND +:✘
    (i) Select Effect Quality: Level 1
    10. REVERBERATION: ✘
    (i) Room Size: 25m2
    (ii) Sound Field: 5m
    (iii) Damping Factor: 0 Percent
    (iv) Wet Signal: 0 Percent
    (v) Dry Signal: 50 Percent
    11. DYNAMIC SYSTEM: ✔
    (i) Select Listening Device: Phillips Earphone
    (ii) Select Dynamic Bass: 12 Percent
    12. TUBE SIMULATOR (6N1J): ✘
    13. FIDELITY CONTROL:✔
    (i) Enable ViPER Bass:✔
    Select Bass Mode: Natural
    Select Bass Frequency: 78 Hz
    Select Bass Boost: 10.0 dB
    (ii) Enable ViPER Clarity:✔
    Select Clarity Mode: XHiFi
    Select Clarity: 8.0 dB
    14. AUDITORY SYSTEM PROTECTION: ✘
    (ii) Select Binaural Level: Slight
    15. MASTER GATE (Limiter): ✔
    (i) Output Gain: 0 dB
    (ii) Channel Pan: 0.5 : 0.5
    (iii) Limit Threshold: 0 dB

Really interested in tweaking the Firequalizer and any other settings I'm not currently using. Any help would be greatly appreciated.