Tempered glass vs. plastic screen protector

Search This thread

ez4nick

Jul 2, 2012
I have been a long time user of the $10 3 pack of plastic film protectors you can get on amazon, they work fine however after a few months they get scratched, hold tons of fingerprints and need to be replaced. What I'm wondering is would a tempered glass screen protector necessarily have any better fingerprint resistance or scratch resistance vs the plastic or is the only real advantage the fact the the tempered glass will shatter if dropped and not your phones screen. I'm considering the zagg glass only because of the free replacement. I previously used their invisible shield on a nexus 7 and was not impressed at all but am willing to give them another try only because of the free replacement.

YouSoSimpoh

Oct 7, 2013
I've tried many plastic screen protectors and I used to have the same issue after a while they would track tons of fingerprints and wear down. I tried out the iLoome 8H Hardness Premium Screen Protector with Oleophobic Coating for the LG G2 and LG G3 and it's amazing. I feel like it helps against the fingerprints and scratches.

Reactions: ez4nick

mosincredible

Feb 21, 2011
Dallas, TX.
I was previously a hater of screen protectors (because of the plastic ones) until I realized how anal I could be over micro scratches on my actual screen. Once I noticed one, I bought a glass screen protector for the first time. Was the Caribu on Amazon. I failed to apply it correctly because it was a first time thing but I still loved the feel, thought it was great & left it on for a couple weeks. I ordered the Bepak tempered glass on eBay which ships from China. Lined it up perfect first try and the adhesive slowly migrated across my screen leaving no bubbles. It's smoother and resist fingerprints better than the naked glass. No scratches yet.

In short, tempered glass screen protectors are the only reason I can even say I like screen protectors.

Sent from my L2GTriple

00mred00

Aug 11, 2010
Princeton Tx
I love my zagg glass. I too had issues with scratches on the others.

Fortunately I have not had this one break. My buddy has broken 3 and received replacements no issues

Sent from my LG-D850 using XDA Free mobile app

idelgado782

Jul 29, 2008
Union, NJ
I always used the lesser destructible protectors from zagg skins or clearcoat etc. With this device I decided I try out the zagg tempered glass and I don't think I would ever go back to any other screen protector. They give you added protection and are super clear! Definitely worth the extra investment

No matter what, I can never stay away from android for long.

redhooka

Jan 8, 2008
Stay away from the Bodyguardz tempered glass screen protector. It has sensitivity issues. Hopefully AT&T takes mine back when the new one I ordered from Spigen gets here.

Reactions: Flipnautic

sturmen

Jun 18, 2010
Boston, MA
sturmen.mp
I have the XtremeGuard Spartan Tempered Glass screen protector. It feels like glass, it seems to be just as sensitive, and it's not cloudy like some matte screen protectors are. There are only 2 things wrong with it: the top-right corner refuses to adhere, and it normally costs $50. I got it during a 90% off sale so it cost me $5 (totally worth it), but there's no way I would ever spend more than $10 on this thing. $5 was about right.

Craleb

Mar 2, 2009
Huntsville
Stay away from the Bodyguardz tempered glass screen protector. It has sensitivity issues. Hopefully AT&T takes mine back when the new one I ordered from Spigen gets here.

My local at&t wouldn't take mine back :(

Thankfully the sensitivity issue has gotten better with use. But it still messes up from time to time. I did get it 50% off, as well as my otter box case, so I guess I can't complain too much.

Side note: I'm not sure if I'm the only one that does this but I get the otter box defender and I actually pop out their "screen protector" and use a glass screen protector with it. Looks nice and feels protected

Last edited:

idelgado782

Jul 29, 2008
Union, NJ
I has the screen sensitivity issue when I first put the zagg on. I haven't noticed it lately however. Could be that I've just completely forgotten about it or it genuinely could have gotten better.

No matter what, I can never stay away from android for long.

ILuvRice

Jun 8, 2012
Wanted to chime in that I am also having issues with the Bodyguardz tempered screen protector. Traded a s5 for the g3 (So happy I did) and I've noticed things will get selected when I'm trying to scroll. Then other times I have to select something multiple times to get it to work. Driving me nuts.

dlbcell

Oct 12, 2014
Zagg Tempered Glass

Figured I'd add my 2 cents :) I've had my Zagg glass on about a month and it has been absolutely flawless.. and like the video shows.. that sumbitch will not scratch. Its got those hard plastic covers beat by a mile. I'd swear by it.. Once you put on a Zagg glass protector.. you'll kick yourself for ever having messed with others.
Sensitivity : 10
Clarity : 10
Ease of application : 10
and its lifetime gauranteed ... will be on every phone I ever use from the g3 on out :good:

Reactions: ILuvRice

WickedWayz

Jul 27, 2012
I bought ZeroLemon Tempered Glass and love it. Simple to install and feels great. Never going back plastic screen covers. For 8.99 plus .69 cents for S/H cant beat it.

ILuvRice

Jun 8, 2012
Wanted to update, I went to best buy and bought the zagg glass one and it's great. Way better then the bodyguardz. No finicky screen issues and not as thick so cases fit just fine. I have to agree with dlbcell.

sic0048

Jun 25, 2010
Google Pixel 7
Google Pixel 8 Pro
Just thought I would chime in and say the Zagg Glass is amazing and I would rec it to anyone. Just as a plus, show this at any bestbuy and you can get it for 22 bucks. Now that is worth it 100%. Would have gladly paid 40 bucks for it if I hadent found this.

http://www.staples.com/Zagg-invisibleSHIELD-Glass-Screen-Protector-For-LG-G3-Smartphone/product_IM1VR5657

Thanks for the link. I had cracked the glass screen protector I had on my G3 and I have been in the market for a Zagg one due to their lifetime guarantee. Can't pass up that price!

aybarrap1

Mar 21, 2010
Guantanamo Bay
Moto X Style (Pure)
Moto X4
I had the same issue with Bodyguards. At intermittent times parts of the touchscreen failed to respond to touch. Going to make a complaint and see if I can get my money back or at least a credit on my bill. I have since put on a Zagg Glass and have not noticed the issue...and it actually feels better for swyping.

ChattyMatty

Jan 9, 2012
I swear by Realook protectors. Sure, they're plastic, but they are the best fitting and best feeling I have found. Crystal clear and no orange peel or rubbery drag. I tried the Ziess glass cover on my g2 and could never get over the combination of the extra thickness at the edges and that cases either lifted it or eventually just plan broke it.

You have fingers, you will put prints on anything.

esimon311

Mar 10, 2013
V-Town
I'll never buy another plastic screen protector. Glass is the way to go..
Its like Cassette tapes vs CD's there's no contest...

I get mine of Amazon and pay between 5 and 10 dollars ..

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I'll never buy another plastic screen protector. Glass is the way to go..
    Its like Cassette tapes vs CD's there's no contest...

I get mine of Amazon and pay between 5 and 10 dollars ..

Just thought I would chime in and say the Zagg Glass is amazing and I would rec it to anyone. Just as a plus, show this at any bestbuy and you can get it for 22 bucks. Now that is worth it 100%. Would have gladly paid 40 bucks for it if I hadent found this.

http://www.staples.com/Zagg-invisibleSHIELD-Glass-Screen-Protector-For-LG-G3-Smartphone/product_IM1VR5657
    I've tried many plastic screen protectors and I used to have the same issue after a while they would track tons of fingerprints and wear down. I tried out the iLoome 8H Hardness Premium Screen Protector with Oleophobic Coating for the LG G2 and LG G3 and it's amazing. I feel like it helps against the fingerprints and scratches.
    I was previously a hater of screen protectors (because of the plastic ones) until I realized how anal I could be over micro scratches on my actual screen. Once I noticed one, I bought a glass screen protector for the first time. Was the Caribu on Amazon. I failed to apply it correctly because it was a first time thing but I still loved the feel, thought it was great & left it on for a couple weeks. I ordered the Bepak tempered glass on eBay which ships from China. Lined it up perfect first try and the adhesive slowly migrated across my screen leaving no bubbles. It's smoother and resist fingerprints better than the naked glass. No scratches yet.

In short, tempered glass screen protectors are the only reason I can even say I like screen protectors.

Sent from my L2GTriple
    I love my zagg glass. I too had issues with scratches on the others.

Fortunately I have not had this one break. My buddy has broken 3 and received replacements no issues