Note Edge lumped into Note 4 forums

Search This thread

Rudolpht

Sep 5, 2011
Samsung Galaxy S21
Mi MIX Fold
Wondering if the mods will create a forum or subforum for the Note Edge. My concern is primarily related to android dev if there are difference, and I assume there will be some

I'm having flashbacks to the Oppo Find 7 forums where the two major difference handsets were "lumped"(that was comic relief, not a comment on the supermods on XDA. In that case until changed, every ROM thread had multiple "Does this support the new Find 7s?"
Just wondering.

iZack187

Dec 28, 2012
Montreal
I'm actually wondering if we will see custom roms for the Note Edge...? Doesn't the display and/or resolution have a big effect on the OS? I cannot imagine teams like CM, PA, AOKP, etc, making use of that "edge" screen on their roms. To me it sounds like flashing any custom rom on this device will "disable/disregard" those extra pixels... but i could be very wrong

slugabug

Jul 10, 2007
Does anyone know if the Edge will be compatible with the Galaxy VR or only the Note 4?

Thanks!

TEKHD

Inactive Recognized Developer / XDA Portal Scout

ohbreeeezy

May 11, 2008
Samsung Galaxy S24 Ultra
I have the same exact question... any confirmation on this? Only Note 4? No Edge compatibility with Virtual Reality?

http://www.gsmarena.com/samsung_ifa_2014-review-1126.php
The Gear VR kit, based on the Oculus technology, presents an entirely new way for you to use your smartphone. Just pair with your Note 4 (it's the only compatible device for now) and enter the VR world, armed with a touchpad, keys and sensors for making your way around. We'll get into the details shortly.

Reactions: TEKHD

Top Liked Posts