keep or sell?

Search This thread

adamski123

Jun 15, 2011
London.
Hey guys
I've been a gtab owner since January this yr, and I'm very pleased with it.
But now with the recent horde of tablets incoming I was wondering whether I should sell this now while I still can get a decent amount for it and buy either the tf pad 300 or the tab 2 - if its quad core.
Wat do u guys think?
Shall I keep my tab and wait for ics? Or sell now, and buy one of the new Samsung or Asus tablets.
Thanks
Adam :)
PS. This is just opinions, so no flaming please :)

Reactions: glassjosh

redwreck

Apr 21, 2012
Montreal
I'm actually in the same boat, and I've decided to keep it. Unless you really want to play "demanding" games.
There's always going to be new better devices getting released, just something you have to accept.

Reactions: adamski123

Itchiee

Sep 30, 2007
Somewhere Else
I'll be keeping mine until the higher resolution tablets appear, especially the next Samsung one.
Then I'll pass this tablet to my girlfriend who doesn't care about such things.

Reactions: glassjosh

adamski123

Jun 15, 2011
London.
Hmm yeh you've got a point. I wish Samsung would hurry up with the ics update. :L

Sent from my GT-I9100 using xda premium

oysteivi

Aug 25, 2010
Trondheim
I'm hoping for a google branded 10-incher with 3g, which would hopefully bring more timely os updates and no annoying vendor skinning. Failing that, I'm happy enough with my (pershoot cm9) 7500 to keep it a good while longer.

Reactions: redwreck

BarryH_GEG

Jan 16, 2009
Spokane, Washington
Nope. Do some searching. That rumor is false. Samsung confirmed they will still keep the dual-core.

But, the Tab 2's might not be all there is. There's a bunch of rumors about "Espresso" 10.1" and 7" tablets that could potentially have quad-cores and HD displays becoming Samsung's iPad fighter/premium line. A tablet may be announced at the May 3 Galaxy event in London and that should provide some clarity.

http://www.phonearena.com/news/Wake...spresso-7-tablets-to-launch-this-June_id29071

For those looking at tablets, here's something to think about. They may all look the same but they aren't designed and built the same way. I've been following the Prime and while Asus represents great value there's tons of compromise in the process. Like AzureWave (vs. Broadcom) radios with no 5Ghz support, HannSpree displays riddled with dead pixels and LCD bleed, and truly questionable build quality. Here's a tear down of the Prime. You get what you pay for.

http://www.techrepublic.com/blog/cr...ardown-solid-tablet-but-not-without-flaws/399

To get the price down, it'll be interesting to see what types of compromises Samsung accepted with the Tab 2's.

Reactions: Joe T

adamski123

Jun 15, 2011
London.
The transformer pad 300 has been announced, £399 pounds from early may. That is tempting, quad core keyboard dock and ics for 399. :L

Jay Rock

Sep 27, 2011
San Diego
But, the Tab 2's might not be all there is. There's a bunch of rumors about "Espresso" 10.1" and 7" tablets that could potentially have quad-cores and HD displays becoming Samsung's iPad fighter/premium line. A tablet may be announced at the May 3 Galaxy event in London and that should provide some clarity.

http://www.phonearena.com/news/Wake...spresso-7-tablets-to-launch-this-June_id29071

For those looking at tablets, here's something to think about. They may all look the same but they aren't designed and built the same way. I've been following the Prime and while Asus represents great value there's tons of compromise in the process. Like AzureWave (vs. Broadcom) radios with no 5Ghz support, HannSpree displays riddled with dead pixels and LCD bleed, and truly questionable build quality. Here's a tear down of the Prime. You get what you pay for.

http://www.techrepublic.com/blog/cr...ardown-solid-tablet-but-not-without-flaws/399

To get the price down, it'll be interesting to see what types of compromises Samsung accepted with the Tab 2's.
yeah im aware of that. I just dont understand the need for the same device re-released when there's something new already coming.

Raptor2099

Apr 21, 2011
I'm in the same boat too. I think I'm gonna wait for the 1920x1080 (1080p) tablets to come out from Samsung, Sony, Asus, and Acer and then decide on one of those. I hope one of them will have double the ram at that resolution or at least 1.8 - 2.0 Ghz Tegra 3 processors to push that res. They'll need it.:cool:

Sarius24

Apr 11, 2011
I'm returning this tablet, I just bought it three days ago. The lag on it kills me I already dislike touchwiz. Returning tomorrow and ordering the Asus tf300t. Plus better for less $$.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note I71M

adamski123

Jun 15, 2011
London.
I'm returning this tablet, I just bought it three days ago. The lag on it kills me I already dislike touchwiz. Returning tomorrow and ordering the Asus tf300t. Plus better for less $$.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note I71M

Im getting that aswell. Put my gtab on ebay. Couldnt stand the lag and ics seems like a world away so :L

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hey guys
    I've been a gtab owner since January this yr, and I'm very pleased with it.
    But now with the recent horde of tablets incoming I was wondering whether I should sell this now while I still can get a decent amount for it and buy either the tf pad 300 or the tab 2 - if its quad core.
    Wat do u guys think?
    Shall I keep my tab and wait for ics? Or sell now, and buy one of the new Samsung or Asus tablets.
    Thanks
    Adam :)
    PS. This is just opinions, so no flaming please :)
    I'm actually in the same boat, and I've decided to keep it. Unless you really want to play "demanding" games.
    There's always going to be new better devices getting released, just something you have to accept.
    I'll be keeping mine until the higher resolution tablets appear, especially the next Samsung one.
    Then I'll pass this tablet to my girlfriend who doesn't care about such things.
    I'm hoping for a google branded 10-incher with 3g, which would hopefully bring more timely os updates and no annoying vendor skinning. Failing that, I'm happy enough with my (pershoot cm9) 7500 to keep it a good while longer.
    the galaxy tab 2 has the same specs as this. Samsung says the hardware is still good.