[ROM][4 Dec][HC32] isi-galaxy 1.2.5v with pershoot's kernel

Search This thread

richard2311

Jan 28, 2011
Reactions: nitrox_at

elwieczor

Apr 19, 2012
PLEASE HEEEEEEEEEEEEELP!!!!!!!

I had installed isi-galaxy 1.2.5 and everything was great until I did FACTORY DATA RESET from the Settings menu. The tablet doesn't boot now. It's stuck on SAMSUNG GALAXY 10.1v screen, after a few seconds the screen goes black and displays again and so on. I can't enter Recovery Mode. The only thing I can do is entering into ODIN3 Download Mode (Protocol v2)

Reason: Force Key
Secure Mode: Secure
Check Signature: Check
OEM Lock: Unlock

==> Connected! Press the start of Odin!!

I thought that FACTORY RESET would only remove my personal data (I am selling the tablet TODAY!!!) and will leave isi-galaxy 1.2.5 but now I have no idea what happened. I'd like to install WIPE which was in SDCARD folder (as I know factory reset doesn't erase sdcard but not sure about the folder) and then install 1.2.5 again but have no access.

What to do? I am at work and don't have access to any of the files I was installing before through ODIN.

***************** EDIT ****************

Ok, what I managed to do is that I installed some stock rom so I have this ****ty 3.0.1 now. I installed then Recovery Mod from the market and.... it seems like the device is not rooted anymore! What the hell happened? I thought factory reset just erases files, settings, account etc. but is looks like it erased the whole OS and unrooted the device. Do I need to do all the rooting stuff again together with fastboot?

Last edited:

isimobile

Aug 8, 2011
Centurion
PLEASE HEEEEEEEEEEEEELP!!!!!!!

I had installed isi-galaxy 1.2.5 and everything was great until I did FACTORY DATA RESET from the Settings menu. The tablet doesn't boot now. It's stuck on SAMSUNG GALAXY 10.1v screen, after a few seconds the screen goes black and displays again and so on. I can't enter Recovery Mode. The only thing I can do is entering into ODIN3 Download Mode (Protocol v2)

Reason: Force Key
Secure Mode: Secure
Check Signature: Check
OEM Lock: Unlock

==> Connected! Press the start of Odin!!

I thought that FACTORY RESET would only remove my personal data (I am selling the tablet TODAY!!!) and will leave isi-galaxy 1.2.5 but now I have no idea what happened. I'd like to install WIPE which was in SDCARD folder (as I know factory reset doesn't erase sdcard but not sure about the folder) and then install 1.2.5 again but have no access.

What to do? I am at work and don't have access to any of the files I was installing before through ODIN.

***************** EDIT ****************

Ok, what I managed to do is that I installed some stock rom so I have this ****ty 3.0.1 now. I installed then Recovery Mod from the market and.... it seems like the device is not rooted anymore! What the hell happened? I thought factory reset just erases files, settings, account etc. but is looks like it erased the whole OS and unrooted the device. Do I need to do all the rooting stuff again together with fastboot?

FACTORY RESET OPTION SHOULD NOT BE USED! You will bootloop.

Yes you will need to re-root via fastboot. See first post.

Sent from my GT-P7500 using XDA Premium HD app

panny0109

Apr 22, 2012
All links are dead

I know this thread is old and replying to it now might not be acceptable but i'm pleading with you to please upload a new link to the voicecalling-v3.7z file. PLEASE

makbil

Sep 4, 2008
Bodrum
hi ISI

How do we use the file

7bb22099de53.p3-signed_ota_BULB4.zip ?

I got it from here

http://android.clients.google.com/packages/ota/samsung_p3/7bb22099de53.p3-signed_ota_BULB4.zip

Do we just flash? ?

I just download it but will wait for your instructions.

Thanks in advance.

Edit: Just did something wrong and now it went into a bootloop.

Any ideas.
Besides taking it to Vodafone ?

DO NOT USE THAT FILE. Several users may have bricked their devices as that specific file should only be flashed through stock recovery.
Read that specific thread and use the first zip file if you want to flash. Instructions are in that thread.

Sent from my GT-P7100 using XDA Premium HD app

algzed

Sep 25, 2011
DO NOT USE THAT FILE. Several users may have bricked their devices as that specific file should only be flashed through stock recovery.
Read that specific thread and use the first zip file if you want to flash. Instructions are in that thread.

Sent from my GT-P7100 using XDA Premium HD app

Now is too late im taking it to vodafone today.:mad:

Edit : After drainning the battery i managed to get every thing to work again.:)

Last edited:

Conan179

Apr 28, 2010
Today cam my sd&usb adapter, can i make the folder to the gallery (musik and photos)?
greets Conan

jatg

Aug 14, 2008
Porto
mistakenly installed the latest kernel in P7100 ics.
But mine is 3.2 ... : (
Now I can not boot the tablet, while staying at the initial stage.
What should I do? Help me please.

twigster

Nov 16, 2009
Johannesburg
mistakenly installed the latest kernel in P7100 ics.
But mine is 3.2 ... : (
Now I can not boot the tablet, while staying at the initial stage.
What should I do? Help me please.

Can you get into fastboot / download mode and connect to your pc. I would try two things. Flash the stock rom via Odin and start fresh, or go into fastboot, and through a pc terminal boot into your recovery, then try flash the correct kernel.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using XDA

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This is based on P7500XWKK4_P7500NEEKK1_NEE Galaxy Tab 10.1 / HC 3.2 ROM but it is for the P7100 tablet.

Please read the whole thread before you flash. There are a couple of BUGS!

• Flash on your own risk. I cannot be held responsible for any damage caused to your tab

• This is not all my own work, I have worked with other members to get this ROM working.

• DO NOT USE FACTORY REST IN ROM, EVER, USE WIPE SCRIPT TO RESET IF YOU NEED/WANT, IF YOU ARE GOING TO USE THE FACTORY RESET OPTION, YOU WILL BOOTLOOP!

• kernel is provided by pershoot - compiled by myself - all kernel work is from pershoot here

• first-time users you need to wipe! use supplied wipe script. Please read carefully, everything is here to get it flashed onto your TAB, if you do not understand what to do, ask, we will gladly try and assist.

• Copy the downloaded files to sdcard (/sdcard/) and flash via ClockWorkMod

• As always backup your data / apps before doing this! I use Titanium backup, search for it in the market.

Please read the thread before you report a bug. don't report already reported bugs. keep the thread clean. use xda's search feature

• You need unlocked bootloader, click on link to see how to unlock.

• You need root, click on link to see how to root.

Note: you MUST have Samsung Kies installed, or device drivers, for adb to work! It seems a lot of people do not have it installed, which causes a lot of confusion.
    • You need ClockworkMod Recovery (it is part of ROM Manager), download ROM Manager from market to install ClockWorkMod.

Please remember that this modified rom of P7500, Some features will not work 100%, most does but there are going to be a few bugs.

Features
    • Honeycomb 3.2 Based on P7500XWKK4_P7500NEEKK1_NEE ROM for the P7500, it will report as a P7500 but it is a P7100. Cannot change it to P7100 then some applications do not work.
    • Samsung TouchWiz UX UI
    • allows OC up to 1.4Ghz kernel, based on pershoot kernel compiled to include the following modules: ntfs.ko, tun.ko, cifs.ko
    • Kies via Wifi works on latest Kies in windows
    • Zipaligned
    • Deodexed - First boot will take a while, so be patient, if it did not boot after 30min then force a reboot!
    • Voodoo sound improvements (Download voodoo from Market)
    • NEVER USE FACTORY RESET IN INSIDE ROM SETTINGS OR DELETE DATA/CACHE IN CWM. YOU WILL BOOTLOOP!
    • See second post for other items

Bugs

• 3g: SIM PIN Lock must be removed for 3g to work after first boot. If you have SIM PIN please disabled it in Setting->Location and Security -> Set up SIM card lock

• None of the security features work, Lock screen, PIN, Pattern, Password. If someone can let me know why and how to fix let me know!

• Camera currently is only 3.2mp. May Crash sometimes - working on it.

• Please report Bugs in thread

Thanks to:
    pershoot, for getting the kernel working! He is the MAN! He worked nights to get the kernel working on the 10.1v, with not even having the device!
    SEO, He has assisted me a lot over the last couple of months!, if it was not for him I could not have done this
    To the community that got me into this without them I would not have been able to do this.
    If I missed someone let me know it was not intended.

Changelog:
    1.2.5.v: VoiceSearch.apk - deodexed
    1.2.4.v: Camera fixed - touch autofocus - seo
    1.2.4.v: Kernel modules cifs and ntfs added.
    1.2.3v : Camera Fixes as per SEO
    1.2.2v : Removed FactoryTest.apk and Factory.apk as per SEO suggestion.
    1.2.1v : Public Release Build
    1.2cv : third test build - limited testing
    1.2bv : Second Build - internal
    1.2av : Initial Build - internal

Download:
    - 1.2.5v Full ROM
    - please flash the "WIPE" zip, TB Galaxy WIPE script (SEO's), required for new users coming from stock. This will FACTORY RESET your tab but /data/media(sdcard) (your music, pictures & videos) will be left intact.
    - this will NOT factory reset your tab if you're not on older version of this rom
    More information available from. http://ismaakit.com/blog/

Kernel sources is compiled by me to make sure it is working 100%, but all credit goes to pershoot.

See this post: http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=20050409&postcount=128 for a different location. Thank you to algzed for providing this location.

Please do not link directly to the files, use this thread if you want to link.
    ok here we go

these are modified files that will give you initial voice calling support on isimobile rom (and others based on P7500XWKK4 including galaxy tab 10.1 roms)

link: http://www.multiupload.com/57KZ4PMUME DO NOT USE. may break webkit

update v2: revert back framework.jar to stock, modified Contacts.apk and Phone.apk
    link: http://www.multiupload.com/9KH4HJC1TH

update v3: incoming calls should work now
    link: http://www.multiupload.com/0KBSZ0O4HO

what works:
    - incoming calls (both sip and mobile)
    - outgoing calls (sip only)

what does not work:
    - outgoing calls via mobile
    - call forwarding settings / additional call settings (CLIR, call waiting etc)

how to install:
    - extract contents of VoiceCalling.7z
    - adb push framework.jar /data/framework_s/ (not required if you havent pushed framework.jar from previous archive)
    - adb push Phone.apk /data/app_s/
    - adb push Settings.apk /data/app_s/
    - adb push Contacts.apk /data/app_s/
    - adb reboot recovery
    - - clear dalvik cache
    - adb reboot

as for now there is no (easy) way to get outgoing calls fully working because mobile voice calling implemetation is partialy stripped off from Phone.apk and probably framework (haven't checked that yet). it's not a trivial job to re-implement it and I can't say how much time and efforts will cost me to do it. will keep you guys in touch if I can do anything about it.

if you want to have outgoing calls you may setup a voipdiscount sip account then in settings -> call -> voicemail -> use internet calling select "ask for each call" or "for all calls .."

remember that this is a work in progress and may work or may not work for you. push these files on your own risk. always do nand backup

cheers

EDIT: you may have to flash latest P7500XWKK4 modem.img
    and something else that could be useful in the future:

Code:
    D/KeyguardUpdateMonitor(  165): received broadcast android.intent.action.PHONE_STATE
    D/KeyguardUpdateMonitor(  165): handlePhoneStateChanged(RINGING)
    D/BluetoothHandsfree(  239): updatePhoneState() mPhone=RINGING, mFCall=IDLE, mBCall=IDLE, mRCall=INCOMING, mCallsetup=1, callsetup=0, mCall=0, call=0, mCallheld=0, sendUpdate=false

using latest modem.img. seems like we now have "partial" calling support. of course dialer is missing (also dialer one or other 3rd party dialrers won't work because we still miss big parts of calling infrastructure). incall screen is incomplete.

but well, there is com.android.phone/.EmergencyDialer activity. did some small tweaks to Phone.apk and voila...

UPDATE: incall screen is here, starting it manualy with "adb shell am start -n com.android.phone/.InCallScreen" while calling my tab from my other phone brings it on and... voice calls works!
    It is a known bug, issue is when enabled it crashes camera app. So it has been disabled. Sorry. All the camera fixes goes to seo, he understand smali a lot better than me. As far as I am aware there is currently no fix for it.

Sent from my GT-P7500 using Tapatalk

yeah forgot about touch autofocus while importing my fixes to the new apk :D attaching a fixed one.
    Hi everybody,

I will be away for the next two weeks from tomorrow, taking the family on our annual holiday. I will be still around here but I won't do any active work unfortunately. It is our summer time so it is of camping and other stuff.

Regards,
    Isi

Sent from my GT-P7100 using Tapatalk