[RK29][TOOL] Root RK29 Tab Toolkit

Search This thread

SferaDev

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jun 28, 2012
sferadev.github.io
Hey Guys, I think here is the best point to post this rooting toolkit if not mods please give me a PM.

First of all, Do it by your own. If you brick your tab I'll wash my hands.

Thanks to DoomLord for his work in the Rooting System.

Well I have created a rooting toolkit for our tabs based in RK29 chip. Please give feedback if it works for your tab.

What it does ?

1. Install the SU (3.1.1) and Busybox binary.
2. Install as system apps the Superuser apk and the BusyBox Free.
3. Done !

If adb drivers doesn't works with your device find another ones, I canno't give support for all RK29 tabs.
The Uploaded ADB Drivers work with my older post.
If you find another ADB drivers for your rk29 tab upload and I'll post them.

How works the root toolkit?

My root toolkit works using android emulator trick of thirty party project based in DoomLord.
While entering the security creates a temporal folder on the tab to save the files.
Then it copy the su to bin folder and busybox to xbin. After that it changes the permissions by command chmod of the binary to be runnable.
Then it just pushes the two apks to system/app folder. Those apk will be installed as system apps in the next boot.
Finally it cleans a bit the temp folder and you are done.

Give a thanks if it helps and give feedback!

Last edited:

SferaDev

Jun 28, 2012
sferadev.github.io
Feedback

RK29 Tabs

Techtab - 4.0 - WORKS
Curtis Klu LT7052 - Works (Thanks to kukla)
Intex iTab - Works care about pre-installed busybox! (Thanks to HEXCube)
Myaudio 708R - Works (Thanks Gusta_HR)

Last edited:

SferaDev

Jun 28, 2012
sferadev.github.io
Changelog

1.3 XDA Release
- Root the RK29 fine
- Added ChainDD's SuperUser App
- Added Stericson's BusyBox Free App

Last edited:
Reactions: dfcbt

HEXcube

Aug 18, 2012
HEXcube.github.io
Unroot rk29

What about unrooting? It would be nice if you include unroot feature too in Rk29 Root Toolkit. It would help those with rooted and pre-rooted devices to test and try out other Rooting methods.
For now,would you explain how does your toolkit work and to manually unroot devices rooted with this Toolkit?

Last edited:

SferaDev

Jun 28, 2012
sferadev.github.io
Sure it's in my plans but not included in this first release. For the moment just reinstall the ROM.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using xda app-developers app

Kukla

Dec 26, 2008
I verified that this rooted my Curtis Klu LT7052
(Menards has it for $49.00 after Merchandise Credit Check $35.00 rebate this week, Nov 4, 2012)

Drivers for this model attached.

Attachments

• LT7052_Android_ADB_USB_Driver_VendorID-2207_ProductID-0000_Drivers.zip
    198.2 KB · Views: 3,980
Reactions: danlb01

danlb01

Nov 8, 2012
(Menards has it for $49.00 after Merchandise Credit Check $35.00 rebate this week, Nov 4, 2012)

Thanks for confirming that this works with the Klu. I got one for the kiddies at Menards this week, too.

I am a little new to Android. Could you help me with step by step directions on how to root the Klu? How do I "Install the drivers of the folder" before running the root program? I'm not sure where to copy them.

I appreciate your help. :)

HEXcube

Aug 18, 2012
HEXcube.github.io
How to use SferaDev's Rk29 Root Toolkit

Usage is same as that of DoomLord's ICS Toolkit (as Rk29 Toolkit is it's fork). For using this you'll need
1. A windows PC.( if someone ports this Tool to Linux/Mac you can use em, but not yet :( )
2. Data/connectivity cable(not OTG cable) to connect your device to PC via USB.(it may work via Wifi, but that's offtopic)
3. SferaDev's Rk29 Toolkit and usb adb drivers.( Download 'em from the attachment of 1st post in this thread)
You may refer to Doomlord's post which explains the steps and things to do before using the Toolkit.
Steps-
Step 1: Connect the tab to your PC via USB.
Step 2: Install Drivers. If it is the 1st time you're connecting the tab to PC or if there's no suitable drivers in PC for your tab, a pop up will be shown to install drivers. Choose the drivers you've downloaded. If it doesn't work find working adb usb drivers for your device from somewhere and choose it.
Step 3: If drivers got installed correctly, extract the contents of SferaDev's Rk29 Root Toolkit to a suitable location. Open the folder and you'll find a runme.bat file( Don't mess with other files ). Just click and run it.
Step 4: A DOS window'll run some scripts and notify you of what's going on.The tab'll reboot a few times. Don't panic, just wait. When rooting is completed it'll be displayed in the same DOS screen.
Step 5:Check, if Superuser and Busybox apps have appeared in device. If yes, you've successfully rooted your device! Enjoy :). If you're still not convinced, use a Root Checker app( many are available in Play Store).

Last edited:

SferaDev

Jun 28, 2012
sferadev.github.io
Thanks for confirming that this works with the Klu. I got one for the kiddies at Menards this week, too.

I am a little new to Android. Could you help me with step by step directions on how to root the Klu? How do I "Install the drivers of the folder" before running the root program? I'm not sure where to copy them.

I appreciate your help. :)

The driver file you will install is the .inf and you will submit it in the computer management as a normal driver.

SferaDev

Jun 28, 2012
sferadev.github.io
For those interested in the android-emulator trick visit the original post by doomlord.
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1601038
It's a rooting toolkit for some Sony devices.
I have just created the .bat using the doomlord work as it says in the cmd for our tabs.
As the rooting process is the same for any android other toolkits for other devices may work with our rk29 tabs.
This is only as reference for interested ones in the rooting if you just want to root your tab go to the first post.
Thanks for your support.

HEXcube

Aug 18, 2012
HEXcube.github.io
Works on INTEX iTAB

Suxessfully rooted INTEX iTAB! No issues apart from busybox problem(my tab has busybox pre-installed in /system/bin instead of /system/xbin). When Rk29 toolkit installs busybox in /system/xbin it doesn't remove the one in /system/bin. As system/bin appears before system/xbin in $PATH, only the pre-installed version is usable. I had to manually do
Code:
 rm /system/bin/busybox

SferaDev

Jun 28, 2012
sferadev.github.io
Suxessfully rooted INTEX iTAB! No issues apart from busybox problem(my tab has busybox pre-installed in /system/bin instead of /system/xbin). When Rk29 toolkit installs busybox in /system/xbin it doesn't remove the one in /system/bin. As system/bin appears before system/xbin in $PATH, only the pre-installed version is usable. I had to manually do
Code:
 rm /system/bin/busybox

Thanks for the feedback! Your problem with busybox just happens in some tabs so I'll not modify the script. Thanks another time!

Sent by my Galaxy S

bassgoonist

Feb 15, 2011
RK29 Tabs

Techtab - 4.0 - WORKS

What about jelly bean? I can't figure out how to update to jelly bean

---------- Post added at 01:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:59 PM ----------

What about jelly bean? I can't figure out how to update to jelly bean

In fact, i can't even get the driver to install right for the lt7052...I have no idea what I'm doing wrong. I tried on my win 8 x64, and win xp 32 bit.

HEXcube

Aug 18, 2012
HEXcube.github.io
This wont work in Jelly Bean!!

The exploit used by Doomlord's ICS Toolkit,Rk29 toolkit and all those root tools for ICS using local.prop exploit method won't work for Jelly Bean.
It is possible to root Jelly Bean but,not using this method. The reason is that Jelly Bean doesn't use local.prop at all.
This is not a tool for updating to Jelly Bean,it's for rooting only. And for the driver part, the problem may be with the adb you use,not the drivers. Use the adb in Rk29 Toolkit to check whether it works.
If you want drivers for flashing/updating, know that they aren't the same as adb drivers.

Last edited:

SferaDev

Jun 28, 2012
sferadev.github.io
The exploit used by Doomlord's ICS Toolkit,Rk29 toolkit and all those root tools for ICS using local.prop exploit method won't work for Jelly Bean.
It is possible to root Jelly Bean but,not using this method. The reason is that Jelly Bean doesn't use local.prop at all.
This is not a tool for updating to Jelly Bean,it's for rooting only. And for the driver part, the problem may be with the adb you use,not the drivers. Use the adb in Rk29 Toolkit to check whether it works.
If you want drivers for flashing/updating, know that they aren't the same as adb drivers.

Right, sorry for late answer!
The adb method should work with Jellybean but the jb that I use is prerooted. Even that search for the correct drivers for the adb.

Sent by my Galaxy S

bassgoonist

Feb 15, 2011

Turns out it was actually windows 8 driver signing preventing the driver from install correctly. Chalk that up to PEBKAC. The rooting worked pefectly :)

---------- Post added at 05:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:53 PM ----------

Turns out it was actually windows 8 driver signing preventing the driver from install correctly. Chalk that up to PEBKAC. The rooting worked pefectly :)

So I can't seem to find working recovery mode drivers for this now, any ideas?

Gusta_HR

Aug 13, 2011
Velika Gorica
Thank you very much! I just rooted my generic chineese tablet Myaudio 708R !

---------- Post added 7th December 2012 at 12:22 AM ---------- Previous post was 6th December 2012 at 11:58 PM ----------

Last edited:
Reactions: SferaDev

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hey Guys, I think here is the best point to post this rooting toolkit if not mods please give me a PM.

First of all, Do it by your own. If you brick your tab I'll wash my hands.

Thanks to DoomLord for his work in the Rooting System.

Well I have created a rooting toolkit for our tabs based in RK29 chip. Please give feedback if it works for your tab.

What it does ?

1. Install the SU (3.1.1) and Busybox binary.
    2. Install as system apps the Superuser apk and the BusyBox Free.
    3. Done !

If adb drivers doesn't works with your device find another ones, I canno't give support for all RK29 tabs.
    The Uploaded ADB Drivers work with my older post.
    If you find another ADB drivers for your rk29 tab upload and I'll post them.

How works the root toolkit?

My root toolkit works using android emulator trick of thirty party project based in DoomLord.
    While entering the security creates a temporal folder on the tab to save the files.
    Then it copy the su to bin folder and busybox to xbin. After that it changes the permissions by command chmod of the binary to be runnable.
    Then it just pushes the two apks to system/app folder. Those apk will be installed as system apps in the next boot.
    Finally it cleans a bit the temp folder and you are done.

Give a thanks if it helps and give feedback!
    Successfully Rooted D2 D2-721!!

Greets,

OK , this is what I did... first I tried just installing adb driver file from 1st post, failed to install, I am running Win7 x64 , I enabled unsigned driver installation in gpedit, in case sig was prob, not sure if that was necesary, also downloaded an app that allowed test mode, and may or may not have contained a trojan.... getting ready to remove that now... try the next step first, because I think the issue was just that my device ID was not in .inf file.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

To get device installed try adding device IDs to .inf file: at first I added just the device IDs under RK SDK, and the driver installed, but when I ran bat file , there were errors in script, and I had 2 messages that installing device failed.

Then I googled my dev IDs ( To get device IDs , Right click computer>click manage>click device manager>then right click on device>click Properties>click on details>select Hardware Ids... in window below device Ids are displayed)

After googling dev Ids I found this link: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1993013 , under this link I found the following info on editing the .inf file :
    =======================================================================================================

" Once downloaded edit the inf file (usually named android_winusb.inf)
    Add the following under the [Google.NTx86] heading and again under the [Google.NTamd64] heading: (one is for 32bit systems and the other is for 64 bit Systems) "

Code:

;ProScan plt-7035
    %SingleAdbInterface% = USB_Install, USB\VID_2207&PID_0010
    %CompositeAdbInterface% = USB_Install, USB\VID_2207&PID_0010&REV_0222&MI_01
    ========================================================================================================

I changed the top line and pasted the info into .inf file in folder : ADB Driver RK29 filename: android_winusb.inf to edit file open in notepad, edit file and save(make sure you save orig copy in case you need to change/redo obviously!)

Before:
    ========================================================================================================
    [Google.NTx86]
    ; HTC Dream
    %SingleAdbInterface% = USB_Install, USB\VID_0BB4&PID_0C01
    %CompositeAdbInterface% = USB_Install, USB\VID_0BB4&PID_0C02&MI_01
    %SingleBootLoaderInterface% = USB_Install, USB\VID_0BB4&PID_0FFF

and also:

[Google.NTamd64]
    ; HTC Dream

After edit:
    [Google.NTx86]
    ;D2 D2-721
    ; HTC Dream

and also:

[Google.NTamd64]
    ;D2 D2-721
    ; HTC Dream
    (Now if you are running x64 you might only have to edit x64 section, and vice versa if you are running x86, only edit that section...I just did both for the he!! of it ;)

Ok now I uninstalled device , it is displayed as android phone , composite driver...rebooted and ran bat file agin... it stalled out after first step, at waiting for device.

When I checked device installation status first device composite showed success, next two had failed again.

Now , I unplugged, and replugged usb cable to device. It re-installed, all three device installations succeeded, and batch file continued, no more errors! after script finished, I used root checker app, it asked for su permissions (first time it did this!) , and displayed that device was rooted!!

This was my first experience actually rooting an android device, (although I have been hacking away at hardware where I needed to for more than 10 years now, and I hope that this info will help someone else out there who might be stuck.

I would try editing .inf file first without enabling unsigned drivers, because I don't think I needed to do that, but since I had already done it, I can't say for sure if it would have worked without doing it... if it doesn't work for you with just the edit... then you might try enabling unsigned drivers....

Good Luck!!!! and Thanks to SferaDev , DoomLord , and amjtech without their work, and info I would have had to learn to manually do adb process, and although that would have been educational, and actually enjoyable to me:)... right now I really didn't want to spend the time needed for that, and didn't have to...thanks to their efforts!!!

Respects,
    Ragga.
    How to use SferaDev's Rk29 Root Toolkit

Usage is same as that of DoomLord's ICS Toolkit (as Rk29 Toolkit is it's fork). For using this you'll need
    1. A windows PC.( if someone ports this Tool to Linux/Mac you can use em, but not yet :( )
    2. Data/connectivity cable(not OTG cable) to connect your device to PC via USB.(it may work via Wifi, but that's offtopic)
    3. SferaDev's Rk29 Toolkit and usb adb drivers.( Download 'em from the attachment of 1st post in this thread)
    You may refer to Doomlord's post which explains the steps and things to do before using the Toolkit.
    Steps-
    Step 1: Connect the tab to your PC via USB.
    Step 2: Install Drivers. If it is the 1st time you're connecting the tab to PC or if there's no suitable drivers in PC for your tab, a pop up will be shown to install drivers. Choose the drivers you've downloaded. If it doesn't work find working adb usb drivers for your device from somewhere and choose it.
    Step 3: If drivers got installed correctly, extract the contents of SferaDev's Rk29 Root Toolkit to a suitable location. Open the folder and you'll find a runme.bat file( Don't mess with other files ). Just click and run it.
    Step 4: A DOS window'll run some scripts and notify you of what's going on.The tab'll reboot a few times. Don't panic, just wait. When rooting is completed it'll be displayed in the same DOS screen.
    Step 5:Check, if Superuser and Busybox apps have appeared in device. If yes, you've successfully rooted your device! Enjoy :). If you're still not convinced, use a Root Checker app( many are available in Play Store).
    Feedback

RK29 Tabs

Techtab - 4.0 - WORKS
    Myaudio 708R - Works (Thanks Gusta_HR)

Thanks for the feedback and the drivers. Your feedback added to the proper post! :)