Changing SD cards, how to transfer ext data?

Search This thread

Fas1h

Jun 18, 2012
I am on Slip CM9 using sd2ext+ on a 2gb memory card with a 512mb ext partition.

I just got an 8gb kingston card, gonna make a 1gb ext partition on it. Need to know how I can transfer all Apps and data from one card to the other? I DONT HAVE A CARD READER!!! And the backups made via recovery is for some reason not backing up ext, can't I somehow backup whole ROM and ext stuff, then insert 8gb card make the new partition and restore everything? Another option is titanium backup obviously.

Anyway, just give me different options? How to transfer Apps and data from ext, keeping in mind that I dont have a card reader.

shortyoko

May 16, 2012
Sofia
Easyest way is Titanium, Flash new rom, then transfer titanium's backup folder and you'll be fine. Another way is some kind of driver for windows which allow's you to read and write ext file systems and just copy paste, but with this I'm pretty sure that most of the app's won't work.

Reactions: Fas1h

Fas1h

Jun 18, 2012
Easyest way is Titanium, Flash new rom, then transfer titanium's backup folder and you'll be fine. Another way is some kind of driver for windows which allow's you to read and write ext file systems and just copy paste, but with this I'm pretty sure that most of the app's won't work.

Oh thanks, On Sony Ericsson x10 mp, when I made nandroid backup via cwm, it automatically backed up ext folder as well, I was hoping that might be possible here as well with some recovery. Anyhow, titanium it is then, it just takes a hell lot of time backing up and then restoring.

bid4sumit

Jul 17, 2012
pune

instead of restoring the whole backup u can also restore just apps(u have tis option in recovery).....dat'll do the same...but migt save u a couple of minutes....:cowboy:

Last edited:

DanceOff

Feb 20, 2012
New Delhi
I am on Slip CM9 using sd2ext+ on a 2gb memory card with a 512mb ext partition.

I just got an 8gb kingston card, gonna make a 1gb ext partition on it. Need to know how I can transfer all Apps and data from one card to the other? I DONT HAVE A CARD READER!!! And the backups made via recovery is for some reason not backing up ext, can't I somehow backup whole ROM and ext stuff, then insert 8gb card make the new partition and restore everything? Another option is titanium backup obviously.

Anyway, just give me different options? How to transfer Apps and data from ext, keeping in mind that I dont have a card reader.

Can't get you properly but I guess titanium backup solves it

Sent from my HTC Explorer A310e using xda app-developers app

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.