Stuck at Boot - After years of use

Search This thread

xologist

Jun 18, 2009
Hey guys..

My phone is stuck at the "Samsung Galaxy S4" screen" where it shows just the letters.

The last thing I remember doing was using taskiller and phone's memory killer to kill memory because it was slow... and when I tried to open up text messages, it wouldn't open.
So I restarted the phone and now it's stuck at the "Samsung Galaxy S4" Screen.
( I also removed some apps days before.. but I had rebooted and phone it was working just fine).

- I haven't tried to reinstall a radio.. I woudn't know which one.
- I can access odin just fine by clicking the 3 keys.
- I Can't access TWRP Recovery. I held the 3 keys, and it shows the message on the left corner like it's going to go, but then just reboots and gets stuck on samsung screen.
Tried to reinstall it, but didn't seem to work I guess.. since it still shows the left corner message, but doesnt go to twrp.

Details about my phone:
SGS4 Rooted.
Rom, Custom Stock Rom.. Jedi S4X ( URL of ROM http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2331942 )

What Can I do?
I dont care what I have to install/remove, but I have very important things on the phone that I CANT have deleted!

HELP ME ??

Last edited:
Can you reflash the recovery using Odin? If so do that and if necessary reinstall the room your running.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

---------- Post added at 09:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:24 PM ----------

Rom dam keyboard

xologist

Jun 18, 2009
Can you reflash the recovery using Odin? If so do that and if necessary reinstall the room your running.

---------- Post added at 09:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:24 PM ----------

Rom dam keyboard

Recovery did not want to install!
Just got it back working, and I am about to do as you say.

will keep posted

xologist

Jun 18, 2009
I keep installing the rom, but it doesn't work.

I keep getting stuck at the "samsung Galaxy screen"

Kriptik210

May 21, 2013
Crystal River
When you boot into TWRP, hold the 3 keys and when you feel the phone vibrate, let go of the power key and remain holding Vol down and home key until the boot screen pops up.

Let me know if this worked

Sent from an A.I. frequency

bobolinko

Nov 5, 2010
Everett WA
I keep installing the rom, but it doesn't work.

I keep getting stuck at the "samsung Galaxy screen"

Boot into Recovery - ( turn off the phone, then hold volume up and press power so it goes on.)

Then when the small blue word comes on at the top left of the screen, let go of the volume button.

when the recovery menu comes up, scroll using the volume button to find factory reset.

when you see that, press the power button once. the phone will boot and do some things and hopefully it will boot up again.

It should be just like when you turned the phone for the first time when it was brand new.

You will have to install any apps you had installed. Do not worry, if you paid for any apps, you can download them again without paying again.

let us know if this helps!

Good Luck and Aloha!

lordcheeto03

Aug 18, 2012
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Out of curiosity, why are you holding power+HOME+volume up/down? Just wanted to throw it in there that there is no need to hold the home button when accessing recovery or download mode. Simply pressing Power+Volume up/down should be sufficient. Also, as someone else pointed out, just release power when you feel the vibrate and once you see "Recovery booting" in the top left-hand corner, let go of the volume key.

Also, if you're still unable to access recovery after all that; I'd recommend using Odin to flash the stock image, boot up, then use Odin to flash whatever recovery you want.

peppersu812

Mar 16, 2012
Douglasville, GA
?

Sent from my SGH-M919 using xda app-developers app

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1396404420172.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1396404420172.jpg
    16.3 KB · Views: 18