Dot view case

Search This thread

blue23dragon4

Aug 4, 2010
Anyone have it. Any thoughts on it.

Sent from my 831C using xda app-developers app

I had it for a couple days and I really enjoyed it. The only reason I returned it is because it attracts my German Sheppard's hair like crazy...lol but you might not have that problem. Also, it doesn't protect that much but it sure looks good.

Sent from my 831C using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

tommason1968

Apr 17, 2011
Is there a setting that makes it turn on when you put it on

Sent from my 831C using xda app-developers app

Robbie_G

Sep 3, 2007
College Station, TX
It is not as tight or secure on my phone as I thought it would be. Dropped from a couple feet and the phone popped out of it. I have one of the older gray ones. Anyone else have the same or different experience?

Last edited:

Ph33zy

Feb 24, 2006
Orange County, CA
The flap would not close all the way because I already had a tempered glass on the screen. It is extremely hard to use with one hand. I tried really hard to like it because I personally think it looks nice, but had to return it for those two reasons.

Reactions: Infinite7154

Infinite7154

Jul 14, 2011
Rochester, NY
I just bought mine today. I thought it was broke at first because nothing happened when I put the phone into the case. I turned off my lock, checked to make sure the app was installed. Then I remembered I have a tempered screen protector on. When I took it off, the case works just fine. I think I'm going to take it back because it provides absolutely no protection at all. It only works with HTC apps: no gmail, fb, hangouts, 3rd party sms apps...nothing other than HTC's apps. It looks good and it's a neat trick but for $50 I saw all I needed to see here.

Reactions: kylecummins

Moonie17

May 31, 2010
Jersey
I do really like the principle of the Dot View Case, however its the effort of one handed operation that is hampering the thing... Its not as if i have small hands either - at 6'3" i have absolute shovel hands and still struggle.

Unsure...

jags_the1

Aug 26, 2010
Love this case! So unique. Well i am done, you guys can continue nagging now.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using xda app-developers app

Reactions: HelloBoy26

Skurvy_Pirate

Jun 29, 2010
I really like the case and the idea of it, but it is slightly off for me. When it is closed, the case is a few mm to the left, so the dots aren't as sharp and more of a blur. If I push the flap to the right a little they line up perfectly. I don't have a screen protector. Does anyone else have this issue? Possibly a defect?

I don't mind holding the flap to use the phone as the phone is big enough that I pretty much need two hands to use it anyways. I will continue to use the case, but I may end up returning it before my 14 days are up if I don't fall in love with it. Right now the only thing really bother me is what I mentioned above with it being slightly off.

Res215dg

Mar 16, 2009
sending mine back. it's fun but not practical as it hinders one hand use impossible .

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Flip the cover around the back and one hand use is just fine- it may not wrap around the back perfectly due to the curve, but does not stick out enough to hinder one hand typing, browsing etc, unless you have smurf size hands....

mbellis

Oct 18, 2006
Purchased the Dot View case from VZW originally, wasn't very happy with the Warm Gray color. Purchased the Warm Black Dot View case from the Shop Android part of the site and received it today, its the exact same color that VZW is advertising as warm gray, I was expecting a black case as depicted in the photos, the part numbers on the packaging are different, the VZW packaging has an HTC SKU 99H11530-00 and the Shop Android packaging has an HTC SKU 99H11416-00. I will edit this post with a photo in a little while but has anyone else found a similiar situation or has anyone received the shop android Warm Black case that can comment and/or share a photo to compare the Warm Black color? Thanks! VZW Warm Gray on the left and Shop Android Warm Black on the right...

Attachments

• IMG_0400.jpg
    IMG_0400.jpg
    262.5 KB · Views: 194
Last edited:

TheWizKid95

May 29, 2010
www.twitter.com
Anyone interested in buying a case? I bought it earlier thinking I'd like it, but it just isn't for me. Instead of returning it to sprint, I'd rather sell it to someone who's had a hard time looking for one. PM me for details.

UPeKvYN.jpg

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Case sucks

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

I have no interest on Dot case. And also don't have any one.

Fantastic contribution guys...!!!!! Really. Why did you bother wasting your energy posting?
    The flap would not close all the way because I already had a tempered glass on the screen. It is extremely hard to use with one hand. I tried really hard to like it because I personally think it looks nice, but had to return it for those two reasons.
    I just bought mine today. I thought it was broke at first because nothing happened when I put the phone into the case. I turned off my lock, checked to make sure the app was installed. Then I remembered I have a tempered screen protector on. When I took it off, the case works just fine. I think I'm going to take it back because it provides absolutely no protection at all. It only works with HTC apps: no gmail, fb, hangouts, 3rd party sms apps...nothing other than HTC's apps. It looks good and it's a neat trick but for $50 I saw all I needed to see here.
    Love this case! So unique. Well i am done, you guys can continue nagging now.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using xda app-developers app
    Given the quality of the doubledip cases for M7, I wasn't expecting much in quality. I hope 3rd parties are allowed to do their own dot view. I've only seen S view type cases for the M8 right now.