[Feature request] Add a "Bookmark this Module" (or similar) to the Xposed Installer

Search This thread

Tidiroi

Jun 25, 2014
[Feature request] Add a "Bookmark this Module" (or similar) to the Xposed Installer

Hey,

I just installed Xposed on my Nexus and browsed though the available modules, but as I am relatively new to the whole topic of rooting / Xposed etc. I am currently unsure which module to install so I thought it would be great to have some kind of function to put a module to a bookmark / watchlist / wishlist section similar to the Play Store instead of installing it right away. That button could be placed next to the download button e.g.

Many thanks for thinking about it :) And thanks for providing such awesome work with the framework.

Last edited:

Tidiroi

Jun 25, 2014
Morning,

what do you think? Would it be possible to add some kind of "watchlist" to Xposed?

With a hopefully ever growing list of modules it could be quite handy.

Thanks for considering it. :)

rovo89

Senior Recognized Developer
Jan 4, 2012
I could imagine that feature some kind in the future. It could be integrated into the "Settings" tab of the module. Not high prio for me though...

rovo89

Jan 4, 2012
Can you also please add a 5th state "dont remind for updates" to this settings tab?

Yeah. But do you think this makes sense as an option for the Stable/Beta/Experimental choice? It would mean that the module would be treated as if there weren't any versions at all. I think it would be better to make this a separate setting, so you would still see all the versions, but it wouldn't trigger the "updates available" texts on the welcome screen. This would be even better if it (optionally) remembered the latest version at the time you selected it, and would disable itself when there's a newer version available. So that would be a "skip this version" setting.

defim

Feb 18, 2012
Motorola Defy
Nexus 7 (2013)
@rovo89: "Skip this version" is even!
It fits my user case: Version 1.5 and 1.6 of an app doesnt work correctly, but 1.4 does. So it would be great to be informed of a 1.7, but do't show all the time "updated available"

andrug

May 20, 2014
I pretty much do the same as defim but run into problems on my tablet that doesn't have as much space to install to and it reserves 500 meg and blocks installs but if I want I could fill that space with download, music or whatever. Only way to install at that point is to delete stuff/uninstall to get above 500 mb free to install something and not really feasible on that device just to remember a module I want to try later or keep an eye on so I'd love a wish list type feature.

Sent from my XT1080 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

TwinAdk

Mar 15, 2011
Samsung Galaxy S22 Plus
Hello,

The bookmark feature of xposed, could be an xposed module in itself, hooking the Xposed app and expanding its features :) Just a thought.

Kind Regards
TwinAdk

rovo89

Jan 4, 2012
The bookmark feature of xposed, could be an xposed module in itself, hooking the Xposed app and expanding its features :) Just a thought.

That would be very ugly...

Xposed is open-source for a reason. I don't see Xposed as the solution for everything. If you have the chance to change the software at it's origin, do that. It's less work and much more sustainable.