[Q] 4G connection issue

Search This thread

evolwun

Jun 1, 2012
I am unable to get reliable data on my CM11 rom on my razr maxx. I have checked all the network setting with a friend's whos is working and there are two differences:
1. His APN is grayed out
2. I do not get a "pass" on HTTP client test when I go into #*#*4636*#*#

When I fire up the phone it connects at 3G. It then takes about 10 minutes to go to LTE. When it does, it is DOG slow.

I also have the same issue with CM11 roms on my Incredible 4G LTE. It was thinking it was the sim, but it works fine on a stock rom. I have seen other folks with similar issues, but no resolution.

zero66

Nov 4, 2013
I am unable to get reliable data on my CM11 rom on my razr maxx. I have checked all the network setting with a friend's whos is working and there are two differences:
1. His APN is grayed out
2. I do not get a "pass" on HTTP client test when I go into #*#*4636*#*#

When I fire up the phone it connects at 3G. It then takes about 10 minutes to go to LTE. When it does, it is DOG slow.

I also have the same issue with CM11 roms on my Incredible 4G LTE. It was thinking it was the sim, but it works fine on a stock rom. I have seen other folks with similar issues, but no resolution.

check jakedhs07 cyanogenmod thread about restoring apns

evolwun

Jun 1, 2012
Follow-Up

After about a day of use, this stopped working. This morning, I was unable to connect via LTE. If I chose an appropriate APN, it would not stay selected (if I went back into APN's after making a change it would be set to something else).

What I did to fix this was to use APN Backup and Restore to delete all the APN's and then restore ONLY the APN's from the stock ROM. So far, it is working.

evolwun

Jun 1, 2012
Follow-Up

After about a day of use, this stopped working. This morning, I was unable to connect via LTE. If I chose an appropriate APN, it would not stay selected (if I went back into APN's after making a change it would be set to something else).

What I did to fix this was to use APN Backup and Restore to delete all the APN's and then restore ONLY the APN's from the stock ROM. So far, it is working.

More Follow-Up

It looks like the APN's get jacked when I use WIFI. Any thoughts?

vazersecurity

Aug 2, 2012
Provo, UT
Samsung Galaxy S22
Probable Fix - By ME! (CDMA ONLY - XT912)

This is what I did to fix the issue. It doesn't just fix the LTE, but the entire connection overall. (Atleast for me, please leave a follow up if you try this).
---
First things first, goto your APN settings (System Settings > Mobile Networks > Access Point Names)
1) Delete all existing APNs. (tap the APN to enter configuration, open menu and delete the APN.
2) Create a new APN.
Enter the following information:
Code:
[U][B]Name[/B][/U]
Verizon Internet
[U][B]APN[/B][/U]
VZWINTERNET
[U][B]Proxy[/B][/U]
Not set
[U][B]Port[/B][/U]
Not set
[U][B]Username[/B][/U]
Not set
[U][B]Password[/B][/U]
Not set
[U][B]Server[/B][/U]
Not set
[U][B]MMSC[/B][/U]
http://mms.vtext.com/servlets/mms
[U][B]MMS proxy[/B][/U]
Not set
[U][B]MMS port[/B][/U]
Not set
[U][B]MCC[/B][/U]
[U][B]MNC[/B][/U]
[U][B]Authentication type[/B][/U]
Not set

[U][B]APN Type[/B][/U] (NOTE: Must be exact)
default,mms,dun,stdhipri,supl

[U][B]APN Protocol[/B][/U] (NOTE: If doesn't change immediately, try again.)
IPv4/IPv6

[U][B]APN roaming protocol[/B][/U]
IPv4
[U][B]Bearer[/B][/U] (NOTE: This will prevent you from connecting to the Extended Network. If you have issues, change to unspecified.)
LTE
[U][B]MVNO type[/B][/U]
None
---
I tried this and it worked. Basically it is stealing the stock APN.

Last edited:
Reactions: ski4404 and ZexGX

ZexGX

May 9, 2009
Southern California
This is what I did to fix the issue. It doesn't just fix the LTE, but the entire connection overall. (Atleast for me, please leave a follow up if you try this).
---
First things first, goto your APN settings (System Settings > Mobile Networks > Access Point Names)
1) Delete all existing APNs. (tap the APN to enter configuration, open menu and delete the APN.
2) Create a new APN.
Code:
[U][B]Name[/B][/U]
Verizon Internet
[U][B]APN[/B][/U]
VZWINTERNET
[U][B]Proxy[/B][/U]
Not set
[U][B]Port[/B][/U]
Not set
[U][B]Username[/B][/U]
Not set
[U][B]Password[/B][/U]
Not set
[U][B]Server[/B][/U]
Not set
[U][B]MMSC[/B][/U]
[U][B]MMS proxy[/B][/U]
Not set
[U][B]MMS port[/B][/U]
Not set
[U][B]MCC[/B][/U]
[U][B]MNC[/B][/U]
Not set

IPv4/IPv6

IPv4
[U][B]Bearer[/B][/U]
LTE
[U][B]MVNO type[/B][/U]
None
---

I just tried this in an attempt to resolve my LTE connection issues and APN issues with CM11. Rebooted the phone and it quickly connected to 4G LTE. Will let you know if it doesn't work. Verizon XT912 user in California.

vazersecurity

Aug 2, 2012
Provo, UT
Samsung Galaxy S22
I just tried this in an attempt to resolve my LTE connection issues and APN issues with CM11. Rebooted the phone and it quickly connected to 4G LTE. Will let you know if it doesn't work. Verizon XT912 user in California.

I have been having issues connecting to the LTE network. Right now, there is no solution. I have tried almost everything. I have even tired flashing back to stock with RSD Lite. I made sure that it wasn't the SIM card (i have had issues with the SIM before on a different phone) by putting it in a different/newer 4G LTE device and it connected to 4G LTE with no problem. My RAZR will connect to 4G LTE when I am in certain areas, but the connection isn't a lasting one. It will quickly switch back to 3G. I contacted Verizon Wireless and even took it into a store. They told me that it's the upgrades that they're doing to the network. While the customer service representative said that my model of the RAZR was just outdated and is probably experiencing hardware issues. My solution used to work, but now it's something else. (Hardware or Network related). My suggestion would be to contact Verizon about the issue (revert to stock first; if you need a link as to how to do that, PM me and I will help point you in the right direction.)
===========================================================================================​
EDIT:
I am currently testing a solution. Will report back.

Last edited:

vazersecurity

Aug 2, 2012
Provo, UT
Samsung Galaxy S22
Have you tried APN Backup and Restore on CM 11? There are some other flashable fixes as well that I have seen. APN Backup and Restore has worked a few times but I have to do it after every restart.

I haven't. BUT I'm running on my stock ROM right now. And it's having trouble connecting. I have to restart just to get 4G. And it lasts for a few seconds and then (in the *#*#4636#*#* testing menu) the signal strength turns all weird (I'll provide the number of dBm later when it comes back). Then goes straight to 3G and no matter how hard I try, it won't switch back to 4G unless I restart. I think it could have something to do with the radio (well obviously it is). But something serious that we can't fix unless we have an unlocked bootloader. If frickin' Motorola would let us unlock the device, then we'd be golden.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Probable Fix - By ME! (CDMA ONLY - XT912)

---
    2) Create a new APN.
    Code:
    [U][B]Name[/B][/U]
    Verizon Internet
    [U][B]APN[/B][/U]
    VZWINTERNET
    [U][B]Proxy[/B][/U]
    Not set
    [U][B]Port[/B][/U]
    Not set
    [U][B]Username[/B][/U]
    Not set
    [U][B]Password[/B][/U]
    Not set
    [U][B]Server[/B][/U]
    Not set
    [U][B]MMSC[/B][/U]
    [U][B]MMS proxy[/B][/U]
    Not set
    [U][B]MMS port[/B][/U]
    Not set
    [U][B]MCC[/B][/U]
    [U][B]MNC[/B][/U]
    Not set

IPv4/IPv6

IPv4
    [U][B]Bearer[/B][/U] (NOTE: This will prevent you from connecting to the Extended Network. If you have issues, change to unspecified.)
    LTE
    [U][B]MVNO type[/B][/U]
    None
    ---