Stamina Mode not working?

Search This thread

ArbiterGR

Jun 23, 2011
Athens
I bought the device a couple of days ago and i love it. But i experience some sort of glitch with stamina mode. No matter what, some notifications still come through (Foursquare, facebook etc) and i have no apps whitelisted except tasker!

Does anyone else has that issue ? i'm on stock .402 rooted (locked BL)

ArbiterGR

Jun 23, 2011
Athens
I know that, but i think you misread what i wrote (well my English sucks anyway :p)

What i wanted to say is that i don't have any whitelisted apps (except for tasker which i need it active), but i still get notifications from facebook, foursquare etc. From my understanding of how Stamina mode works, The device shouldn't allow any notifications from popping up.

Any ideas?

Envious_Data

Oct 12, 2012
Imagination
enviousmedia.design
I know that, but i think you misread what i wrote (well my English sucks anyway :p)

What i wanted to say is that i don't have any whitelisted apps (except for tasker which i need it active), but i still get notifications from facebook, foursquare etc. From my understanding of how Stamina mode works, The device shouldn't allow any notifications from popping up.

Any ideas?

It doesnt block notifacations

You can stop those from the personalization menu

Sent from my D6503 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

daven

Feb 2, 2006
Obviously it doesn't block notifications, but if stamina mode is on it shouldn't allow apps to use the data connection while the screen is off (because it turns the data connections off) hence Facebook/messenger etc notifications shouldn't come through until you turn the screen back on unless the app is white listed. I think the Op is on to something because I noticed the same issue with Fb messenger the other day, didn't notice it before because I almost never use stamina mode but I'm fairly sure this is either a new 'feature' or bug because stamina mode doesn't behave this way on my Z ultra

Last edited:

ArbiterGR

Jun 23, 2011
Athens
Obviously it doesn't block notifications, but if stamina mode is on it shouldn't allow apps to use the data connection while the screen is off (because it turns the data connections off) hence Facebook/messenger etc notifications shouldn't come through until you turn the screen back on unless the app is white listed. I think the Op is on to something because I noticed the same issue with Fb messenger the other day, didn't notice it before because I almost never use stamina mode but I'm fairly sure this is either a new 'feature' or bug because stamina mode doesn't behave this way on my Z ultra

Thank you! :p I'm glad i'm not the only one experiencing this.

funky0308

Inactive Recognized Themer
Aug 27, 2012
Osijek
The thing is - if you have any app on whitelist, which wake device from stamina mod, it enable internet connection as well and your apps are checking for updates.

I really doubt there's any chance to avoid that...

So, when Tasker wake up device all other apps are behaving just like you unlocked the screen and Internet connection is established.

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk

Reactions: ArbiterGR

ArbiterGR

Jun 23, 2011
Athens
The thing is - if you have any app on whitelist, which wake device from stamina mod, it enable internet connection as well and your apps are checking for updates.

So, when Tasker wake up device all other apps are behaving just like you unlocked the screen and Internet connection is established.

Oh i didn't think of that. That would explain a lot. From what i gathered about Stamina mode, i always thought that it would enable internet connection only for the whitelisted apps I'll try with no apps in the whitelist, to see if it works.

daven

Feb 2, 2006

Yep, that's fair - but I don't actually have any apps whitelisted, maybe they'll fix it with the next update, it's not such an issue for me because as I said I never really use stamina mode because the battery life is good enough without it - it is a bit annoying because I used to use stamina mode when I wanted to mute all Web based notifications

funky0308

Inactive Recognized Themer
Aug 27, 2012
Osijek
Oh i didn't think of that. That would explain a lot. From what i gathered about Stamina mode, i always thought that it would enable internet connection only for the whitelisted apps I'll try with no apps in the whitelist, to see if it works.

It should work like that, they should build firewall for that to block all other app but, apparently, they didn't.

For me that's OK, if one app wakes up my device to refresh it, why not to update all apps and notifications...

But it could be annoying if you don't want that...

ArbiterGR

Jun 23, 2011
Athens
It should work like that, they should build firewall for that to block all other app but, apparently, they didn't.

For me that's OK, if one app wakes up my device to refresh it, why not to update all apps and notifications...

But it could be annoying if you don't want that...

Well, as soon as i removed all whitelisted apps, stamina mode starting working *almost* at it should. I said almost because it doesn't make sense to have a whitelist option if it effectively destroys the purpose of having a "Stamina" mode.

Anyway, i have faith in sony fixing it.

Sango2

Jun 13, 2012
Vancouver, BC / Seattle, WA
I think the stamina mode is a bit bugged because I notice my apps stop working properly even thou they in the list. For instance, my outlook (emails stop syncing), wechat (can't send or receive anything), or whatapp (delayed messages sometimes). Even if you wake the phone up, the apps is already stopped working so I have to force stop and to start the app again for it work. I think this also explains why the location based WiFi seems not working at times for me too. I turned off stamina mode and the issue has went away.

The interesting thing is that, I have stamina mode turned on family members Xperia T2 Ultra, Z Compact and Z Ultra, it works works fine for them as they have WeChat as well.

Last edited:

V4LKyR

Jun 6, 2014

Just curious, why would someone not use the Stamina Mode? I mean, what makes you not use it? I didn't see any negative effects it puts on phone, AT ALL. Other than that "extended usage" option, which slows the phone a bit.

drsfs

Aug 21, 2014
I bought the device a couple of days ago and i love it. But i experience some sort of glitch with stamina mode. No matter what, some notifications still come through (Foursquare, facebook etc) and i have no apps whitelisted except tasker!

Does anyone else has that issue ? i'm on stock .402 rooted (locked BL)

I have that issue too. 1 week after i bought the device stamina mode run well. When the screen off no notification (line, WA etc) then I wake up the screen all notification come. But now it doesn't work. I did re flash and factroy reset but stamina mode still error. I went to Sony Service Centre, they upgrade my os but still error. They said maybe hardware problem. Is that true hardware problem? or software problem? Because i have 2 friends with sony xperia z2 but their stamina mode run well. any idea? sorry if my english bad. Thanks before

daven

Feb 2, 2006
Just curious, why would someone not use the Stamina Mode? I mean, what makes you not use it? I didn't see any negative effects it puts on phone, AT ALL. Other than that "extended usage" option, which slows the phone a bit.

Exactly for those reasons listed above, I have fb, WhatsApp, Skype and many more notifications coming through that require the data connection and I want to receive the messages immediately rather than whenever I decide turn my phone screen on. If I used stamina mode I'd then have to whitelist all these apps, there's no point - I may as well just keep stamina mode off. I don't get much gain out of using it anyway because I use my phone a lot during the day where having stamina mode might give me an half a day of use - pointless because the phone still won't last through day 2 so I'd still have to charge it every night. So given that I have to charge it every night with or without stamina mode, its far more convenient to keep stamina mode off so I don't have to worry about missing notifications

KhaledMohamed22

Sep 5, 2014
this solution worked for my friend try it

open wifi settings>advanced>keep wifi on during sleep make it never ...make sure that there is no apps in "apps active in standby mode and make the activation always on ..try it and goodluck ..

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.