[Q] cant resolve boot loop

Search This thread

laly76

Aug 9, 2014
During the last two days I overcome the problem of mass boot loop on nexus 4 without success.

The device enters bootloop after regular restart that was done because I lost service.
Before that I had a problem that during a call the screen would turn off.

I did not root or any other manipulation device. Since I bought it (two weeks ago), he was upgraded to 4.4 OTA

I went through the posts on this forum and also online.
I've by fastboot, Flash of recovery; boot; system; radio; userdata. Well also downgraded to versions 4.2
I changed the recovery to CWM still no success.

How ever in the CWM recovery I was able to flash Hellfire (HF) ROM via "adb sideload"
after i did the wipe I restarted, the boot animaton has changed to the one of HF and a message stating that Android is upgrading: optimizing apps and then starting apps. at this point the device was stuck.
after a restart I am stuck again in the bootloop.

how should you proceed now?
thanks

vinc10

Jul 6, 2014
Try to boot into recovery and wipe everything. Then flash rom. Let me now how it goes! Had the same problem last week...

Hit thanks if I helped you :)

CalculatedRisk

Jan 20, 2013
If you unlock the bootloader in fastboot and then reboot the device back into the bootloader does the bootloader stay unlocked or does it lock again?

Sent from my Nexus 4 using XDA Free mobile app

laly76

Aug 9, 2014
If you unlock the bootloader in fastboot and then reboot the device back into the bootloader does the bootloader stay unlocked or does it lock again?

The bootloader remains unlocked. when I run "Fastboot oem unlock" the return line indicates that it was already unlocked.
also the lock state is unlocked (red line on the bottom)

CalculatedRisk

Jan 20, 2013
Okay, thank you this was a test for a bad emmc (memory chip). I'll see if I can think of something else you haven't tried.

jd1639

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Sep 21, 2012
Minnesota
Flash the factory image and then after, boot into the stock recovery and do a factory reset

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Free mobile app

jd1639

Sep 21, 2012
Minnesota
Bought it on Ebay, about 3 weeks ago.
not sure about warranty and how do I approach about it.. Google? LG?

You'll probably have to go thru LG. I know a guy who's a guru at this type of thing on the n5. Maybe he can help on the n4 @bitdomo They're very similar devices

bitdomo

Nov 3, 2011
Göd
I only can speak warranty in the EU. It maybe different in the other parts of the world.

If the phone is originaly from google playstore you have to talk with google. If the phone does not come from google plastore originaly then you have to talk with LG. To take your phone to LG to repair your phone under warranty you will need the original receipt with the imei number printed on it from the store it was bought. Also keep in mind if the phone comes from GSM shop or then those GSM shops does not give you LG warranty just shop warranty which means that the phone have to be taken back to the original store with the original receipt. These stores sells phones only with 1 year warranty.

I forgot to mention, if the phone is from google playstore originaly then the warranty is only valid in that country's google playstore which the phone comes from.

Last edited:
Reactions: jd1639

jd1639

Sep 21, 2012
Minnesota
I only can speak warranty in the EU. It maybe different in the other parts of the world.

If the phone is originaly from google playstore you have to talk with google. If the phone does not come from google plastore originaly then you have to talk with LG. To take your phone to LG to repair your phone under warranty you will need the original receipt with the imei number printed on it from the store it was bought. Also keep in mind if the phone comes from GSM shop or then those GSM shops does not give you LG warranty just shop warranty which means that the phone have to be taken back to the original store with the original receipt. These stores sells phones only with 1 year warranty.

Can you help him with the boot loop issue? He's flashed the factory image, fine a factory reset,etc

laly76

Aug 9, 2014
Update

Tried everything, no success, more over when I came back to try and work some more on the nexus 4 I noticed the screen was broken (haven't touched it the last 2 days...) finally gave up.

I got a full refund from the Ebay supplier
Still very disappointing, Ill chuck it all up to a faulty device

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

I forgot to mention, if the phone is from google playstore originaly then the warranty is only valid in that country's google playstore which the phone comes from.
    Can you help him with the boot loop issue? He's flashed the factory image, fine a factory reset,etc

He could try this if he has patience and determination. This wipes everything and rebuilds the partitions.