[Q] Nand unlock

Search This thread

Errroneous

Aug 4, 2010
I do not know if I need nand unlocked, as I do not know what exactly it does. But I know some roms do require it and it is recommended to do. I do not know hot to unlock nand on the netarchy Froyo rooted rom though. I do have root but I never downgraded hboot and unlocked nand previously. I am not sure which methods of downgrading hboot and unlocking nand work with this new build.

Any suggestions? Any help is appreciated.

timothydonohue

Oct 2, 2007
Portland, Maine
I do not know if I need nand unlocked, as I do not know what exactly it does. But I know some roms do require it and it is recommended to do. I do not know hot to unlock nand on the netarchy Froyo rooted rom though. I do have root but I never downgraded hboot and unlocked nand previously. I am not sure which methods of downgrading hboot and unlocking nand work with this new build.

Any suggestions? Any help is appreciated.

look in the android development forum. at the top are some 'stickies', look through them. one of them will contain a link to toastcfh's method for getting a full, nand unlocked, android setup. there is also a simpleroot method that seems to work for many people.

omegasun18

Jun 14, 2010
look in the android development forum. at the top are some 'stickies', look through them. one of them will contain a link to toastcfh's method for getting a full, nand unlocked, android setup. there is also a simpleroot method that seems to work for many people.

i second Taostcfh's method. It may look complicated but jsut go one step at a time and if you run into a problem post in this thread and we will try to help yuo through it.

As far as NAND unlock basically what it does it it replaces your HBOOT with an engineering build. This basically allows you to mount r/w system files. while rooted with out nand most system files are still locked away from you. I know its not the best explanation but i think it gets the idea across.